Where were you on 9-11 ?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was sitting about 15 feet from my present location. I had on NPR and heard some very strange story about a small commuter plane hitting one of the WTC towers, and then several minutes later another story about a fire in the OTHER tower. (boy did they mess that one up) Then the local news said a plane crashed into the Pentegon - and it was a possible terror attack.

Then my boss comes around and says that the smoke from the Pentagon can be seen from the top floor of this building and they sent us all home.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I was eleven years old and I remember I heard some rumors of a plane crash on Manhattan, apparently it rammed one of the skyscrapers. As I said, it was all rumors at that point and I remember how the mothers waiting for their sons, my teammates talked about this.
I didnt understand the gravity of this before a day or two later when I watched it on the news. I mean I saw it on the news the same night, but it was only later on, when the twin towers collapsed and the firemen and rescue workers searched the ruins that I fully understood how severe this was.

It was horrific even for us in Europe. As I said, the ruins and the screams for help from from under the massive ruins is what stuck with me and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I was only five years old and in kindergarten...so I don't really remember anything about it.

I do remember the anniversaries some, though. In elementary school they raised the school flag on September 11th, and in middle school they would have a message about it on the loudspeaker and a moment of silence.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many such stories. I watched one where they interviewed a blind man who was making his way down stairs of one of the towers. He and his dog where taking up two spaces and slowing progress down, so he let his dog loose to run down the stairs but his dog came back up and they made there way down together. He cried his eyes out in telling of the unconditional love his dig had for him.

Makes me cry

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was having breakfast before heading to my college classes for the day. We did not have the TV on, but there was a contractor doing work at the house and he had a radio on. He came running over and asked to turn on the TV because " a small plane, they think a Cessna" had hit the World Trade Center. We still did not know much at the time, so I went to my first class and then they canceled classes about 12PM that day.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah they said somewhere around Cleveland is when it turned around because it was hijacked. The airport lost contact with them as they flew past the airport.
I just read some of the transcribed cabin recording... It sounds like the pilot was definitely struggling for control of the plane and that he feared it would crash into Cleveland. It lost a lot of altitude right about then which correlates with your account. Scary...

Upvote 0