US
✟1,096,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Where was the Law written, before it was written down for Moses?

(CLV) Gn 4:5
But to Cain and his approach present He did not give heed; so Cain's anger grew very hot, and his face fell.

(CLV) Gn 4:6
Then Yahweh said to Cain: Why is your anger hot? And why is your face fallen?

(CLV) Gn 4:7
If you had done what is well, would you not lift up your face? But since you have not done well, at the portal there is a sin offering, a recliner; And for you is restoration in his sacrifice; You are ruling over him.

Sin preceded Moses. Sin is transgression of the law. Restoration through sacrifice? Interesting.

(CLV) Gn 4:8
Cain said to his brother Abel: Let us go into the field. Now it came to pass while they were in the field that Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.

(CLV) Gn 4:9
So Yahweh |said to Cain: Where is your brother Abel? And he replied: I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?

Cain lied. He knew that murder is sin.

(CLV) Gn 4:10
Then He |said: What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying out to Me from the ground.

(CLV) Gn 4:11
Now you are cursed, away from the ground which has opened wide its mouth to take your brother's blood from your hand.

With transgression of the law, come the curses of the law.

(CLV) Gn 7:1

Then Yahweh Elohim said to Noah: Come, you and all your household, into the ark, for I have seen you righteous before Me in this generation.

Righteous? What's that?

Definition of righteous

1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

So Noah was obedient to the Law before Moses.

(CLV) Gn 7:2

Of every clean beast you shall take with you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast that is not clean, of them pairs, the sire and his dam.

Obviously someone obedient to YHWH's Torah, would know the difference between clean and unclean.

(CLV) Gn 13:13
But the men of Sodom were vicious and intense sinners against Yahweh.

More transgression of the Law before Moses.

(CLV) Gn 20:6
The One, Elohim, replied to him in the dream: I too know that you have done this in the sincerity of your heart, and I was also keeping you back from sinning- against Me. Therefore I did not allow you to touch her.

(CLV) Gn 20:7
Now restore the man's wife, for he is a prophet that he may pray about you, so that you may live! But if you are not restoring her, know that you shall die, yea die-, you and all who are yours.

(CLV) Gn 20:8
So Abimelech rose early in the morning and called all his servants and reported all these things before their ears. And all the men became exceedingly fearful.

Even the heathen Abimelech new of the Law against adultery.

(CLV) Gn 30:33
My righteousness will answer for me, on the morrow day, when you come on my hire before you: Everyone what is not speckled or flecked among the goats and brown among the sheep, that one shall count with me as stolen.

The Law concerning stealing was known.

YHWH's Torah, reveals YHWH's nature.

YHWH doesn't change.

(CLV) Mal 3:6
For I, Yahweh, do not alter; and you, sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

His Law doesn't change.

(CLV) Isa 40:8
Grass dries up, Blossom decays, Yet the word of our Elohim, it shall stand firm for the eon.

Our Messiah confirms that his law stands forever.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

But to Cain and his approach present He did not give heed; so Cain's anger grew very hot, and his face fell.

If you had done what is well, would you not lift up your face? But since you have not done well, at the portal there is a sin offering, a recliner; And for you is restoration in his sacrifice; You are ruling over him.

Sin preceded Moses. Sin is transgression of the law. Restoration through sacrifice? Interesting.

Cain said to his brother Abel: Let us go into the field. Now it came to pass while they were in the field that Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.

So Yahweh |said to Cain: Where is your brother Abel? And he replied: I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?

Then He |said: What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying out to Me from the ground.

Now you are cursed, away from the ground which has opened wide its mouth to take your brother's blood from your hand.

Then Yahweh Elohim said to Noah: Come, you and all your household, into the ark, for I have seen you righteous before Me in this generation.

Righteous? What's that?

Definition of righteous

Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Of every clean beast you shall take with you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast that is not clean, of them pairs, the sire and his dam.

Obviously someone obedient to YHWH's Torah, would know the difference between clean and unclean.

The One, Elohim, replied to him in the dream: I too know that you have done this in the sincerity of your heart, and I was also keeping you back from sinning- against Me. Therefore I did not allow you to touch her.

Now restore the man's wife, for he is a prophet that he may pray about you, so that you may live! But if you are not restoring her, know that you shall die, yea die-, you and all who are yours.

So Abimelech rose early in the morning and called all his servants and reported all these things before their ears. And all the men became exceedingly fearful.

My righteousness will answer for me, on the morrow day, when you come on my hire before you: Everyone what is not speckled or flecked among the goats and brown among the sheep, that one shall count with me as stolen.

YHWH doesn't change.

His Law doesn't change.

Grass dries up, Blossom decays, Yet the word of our Elohim, it shall stand firm for the eon.

Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

The law is Gods government and began or set in place by Him before any creation of any beings. Else how did lucifer and the 1/3 angels transgress the law? The first sin (transgression of the law) happened in heaven .... lucifer/satan and the 1/3 angels then were cast to the earth and Adam & Eve sinned due to his influence .... they were deceived ... and now we got what we got.

"Our Messiah confirms that his law stands forever." Correct!

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Righteous? What's that?

Definition of righteous

Definition of RIGHTEOUS

YHWH doesn't change.

His Law doesn't change.

I think you might be confusing the written down Law of Moses, with the oral tradition of knowing at least some of things God required before the Law. We don't have recorded exactly what that was, but I'm sure Adam passed on many oral traditions he heard from God.

12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

15But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

18So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. 20The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Righteous? What's that?

Definition of righteous

Definition of RIGHTEOUS

YHWH doesn't change.

His Law doesn't change.

The Law was "written" when Adam and Eve gained the knowledge of good and evil, in the form of the
conscience necessary to have this knowledge. Man's rapid descent was sure, as chronicled in Genesis 4
when Cain was willing to ignore his conscience and slay his brother, then lie about it.
Paul spoke well when he said:

Romans 3:20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
God's Love manifest in the giving of His Son is His final, best attempt to reconcile man to Himself. By giving His promised Holy Spirit, man receives "all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through
the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue
." 2 Peter 1:3.
Luke 1:

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers
And to remember His holy covenant,
73 The oath which He swore to our father Abraham:
74 To grant us that we,
Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.
We can live as Paul testifies:
Acts 24:16.
And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of
offence toward God, and men.
John 3:16

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The law is Gods government and began or set in place by Him before any creation of any beings. Else how did lucifer and the 1/3 angels transgress the law? The first sin (transgression of the law) happened in heaven .... lucifer/satan and the 1/3 angels then were cast to the earth and Adam & Eve sinned due to his influence .... they were deceived ... and now we got what we got.

"Our Messiah confirms that his law stands forever." Correct!

Yes, there were commands in the spiritual realm before God said don't eat from the tree of knowledge of good in evil. IMO, one was to not indwell beasts and humans. I believe that is what we have with the serpent and the sons of god taking wives. By indwelling a person or beast, a spirit can express themselves in our realm. This is what we see in the demon possession in the NT.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there were commands in the spiritual realm before God said don't eat from the tree of knowledge of good in evil. IMO, one was to not indwell beasts and humans. I believe that is what we have with the serpent and the sons of god taking wives. By indwelling a person or beast, a spirit can express themselves in our realm. This is what we see in the demon possession in the NT.

Yeah ... some people believe that ... I do not.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think you might be confusing the written down Law of Moses, with the oral tradition of knowing at least some of things God required before the Law. We don't have recorded exactly what that was, but I'm sure Adam passed on many oral traditions he heard from God.

12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

15But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

18So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. 20The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If you would count, not transgressing the law, as simply a tradition; who do you suppose started this tradition?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0