Where was the house of Israel in the 1st century?

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel but can never come to terms with the fact that only the house of Judah remained in the 1st century. All the disciples of Christ were most likely from Judah or Benjamin aka the house of Judah. Jesus was from Judah. Paul was from Benjamin. The Samaritans who were some of the remnants of the house of Israel or the ten northern tribes were rejected by the Jews as a mixed people. Now there were a few remnants of the house of Israel like the few Levites who were still in charge of the temple and a solitary Anna from the tribe of Ashur but as for full functioning tribes the ten were lost to history.

The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus and without merit. God does not deal in worthless genealogies anymore. Those that have faith are accepted by him Jew and Gentile alike. Paul quotes the prophet Hosea in Romans 9 and applies it to the Gentiles indicating that they were brought in to fill the fallen ranks - Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Rom. 9:24-26

Reactions: DennisTate

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. Jesus was from Judah. Paul was from Benjamin.
Barnabas was from Levi. Many more were from the house of Aaron:

Acts 6:7 The word of God kept on spreading; and the number of the disciples continued to increase greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus and without merit.
That means you are implying that God is a liar and impotent. He said He would do something; but now is unable to do it due to circumstance.

Really???

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Barnabas was from Levi. Many more were from the house of Aaron:

Acts 6:7 The word of God kept on spreading; and the number of the disciples continued to increase greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith.

I believe I did say there were remnants from Levi but that is hardly the whole house of Israel or ten tribes! More like half of one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

If you married outside your tribe the line was broken. These are not my rules they come from God and are found in the Torah which you are so fond of. God did prohibit marriage with the heathen or non-Jews.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel but can never come to terms with the fact that only the house of Judah remained in the 1st century. All the disciples of Christ were most likely from Judah or Benjamin aka the house of Judah. Jesus was from Judah. Paul was from Benjamin. The Samaritans who were some of the remnants of the house of Israel or the ten northern tribes were rejected by the Jews as a mixed people. Now there were a few remnants of the house of Israel like the few Levites who were still in charge of the temple and a solitary Anna from the tribe of Ashur but as for full functioning tribes the ten were lost to history.

The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus and without merit. God does not deal in worthless genealogies anymore. Those that have faith are accepted by him Jew and Gentile alike. Paul quotes the prophet Hosea in Romans 9 and applies it to the Gentiles indicating that they were brought in to fill the fallen ranks - Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Rom. 9:24-26

There is an Orthodox Jewish scholar named Yair Davidiy who
does such an amazing job of tracing the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel to
many many nations that I personally would not even attempt to rule out his
theories.

He even refers to a fascinating tradition that some from the Lost Tribes of Israel may
have made it as far as South America, along with Phonecian sailors, around the time of King Solomon.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you married outside your tribe the line was broken. These are not my rules they come from God and are found in the Torah which you are so fond of. God did prohibit marriage with the heathen or non-Jews.

But.... the descendants of those who intermarried would receive
at least some level of restoration due to......

Amos 9:9

For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the leastgrain fall upon the earth.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you married outside your tribe the line was broken.
Deut 21.10 “When you go out to battle against your enemies, and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take them away captive, 11 and see among the captives a beautiful woman, and have a desire for her and would take her as a wife for yourself, 12 then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and trim her nails. 13 She shall also remove the clothes of her captivity and shall remain in your house, and mourn her father and mother a full month; and after that you may go in to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 It shall be, if you are not pleased with her, then you shall let her go wherever she wishes; but you shall certainly not sell her for money, you shall not mistreat her, because you have humbled her.

Where is the line "broken?"

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is an Orthodox Jewish scholar named Yair Davidiy who
does such an amazing job of tracing the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel to
many many nations that I personally would not even attempt to rule out his
theories.

He even refers to a fascinating tradition that some from the Lost Tribes of Israel may
have made it as far as South America, along with Phonecian sailors, around the time of King Solomon.

These would be mixed tribes and rejected like the Samaritans 2000 years ago. Once again I don't make the rules, God does in the Torah.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. Deut. 7:3,4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But.... the descendants of those who intermarried would receive
at least some level of restoration due to......

Amos 9:9

For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the leastgrain fall upon the earth.

The Samaritans or mixed tribes did not receive any favor from the Jews. They did however receive favor from Christ who offered them living water and said -
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23,24

The blessing of Christ on the mixed tribes was one of accepting him as their savior and putting no confidence in the flesh or DNA.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe everybody is wrong, considering the Bible is very idiomatic

Maybe Jesus is Israel, the promised land

He is described as " The Tabernacle "

The Tabernacle = The Temple = The House of God where the spirit of God on earth resides

According to the Tanakh the levites are not allowed to own land in Israel

" For the Lord is their inheritance "

Yet, Revelation states that there is no brick / mortar temple, and that Christ is the Temple ( Tabernacle, etc )

If you look at the Kodashim ( 7th tractate ) it reveals the source of the messiah being " cut off from ", and the Kodashim deals with sacrificial items in and of the Temple itself ( Who is Jesus )

Like Isaiah 33:17 says:

" Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off "

Probably based on the " ritual enclosure " concept of Mesopotamian magic rituals

imo, of course

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

The Tabernacle = The Temple = The House of God where the spirit of God on earth resides

Yet, Revelation states that there is no brick / mortar temple, and that Christ is the Temple ( Tabernacle, etc )

If you look at the Kodashim ( 7th tractate ) it reveals the source of the messiah being " cut off from ", and the Kodashim deals with sacrificial items in and of the Temple itself ( Who is Jesus )

" Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off "

Probably based on the " ritual enclosure " concept of Mesopotamian magic rituals

imo, of course

Could you please stick to the topic at hand which is the ethnic house of Israel in the 1st century. There are many examples of the house Judah (Judah and Benjamin) in the 1st century and Jew is actually a shortened version of Judah but almost none for the ten northern tribes. This is important because the house of Israel was included in the new covenant promise and with them being absent and the Gentiles receiving the Holy Spirit it seems obvious that the house of Israel was replaced by the Israel of God or Gentile believers.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
All I'm saying is that you may be wrong about thing things you think are true

Take care

The things I am presenting are common knowledge for all non-dispensational Christians. Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
The things I am presenting are common knowledge for all non-dispensational Christians. Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

imo, of course

Fascinating reply.......
there is another discussion that I got going a while ago that I think you may enjoy.......

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Fascinating reply.......
there is another discussion that I got going a while ago that I think you may enjoy.......

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Thanks, I'll read it, I also have some things I've written on it

All the arguments on what cubit to build the temple with have missed the entire basis of the writings

lol

The thing is that " the cubit " is actually a measure of the mathematical astronomy of the Mesopotamians, translatable to the " horn " ( Hebrew qeren to Akkadian qarnu ) or the " finger " measure ( Used to measure apparent arcminutes during eclipses, see Hammurabi's stele of the finger ) and it is by this reasoning that one can reasonably say there is no brick and mortar temple

Everything I have studied in the Bible points to mathematical astronomy as handed down through other texts

The dimensions of the " New Jerusalem cube " for example, is just the apparent distance from the Sun to the Earth during an eclipse ( Aphelion distance, iirc ) but hidden with a clever conversion of units

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 

Act 2:22  "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know—

Act 2:36  "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 

Heb 8:6  But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. 
(Present tense during the first century)

Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 
Heb 8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (The Uppercase text is copied straight from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Levites all joined with Judah before the Northern Kingdom was abolished.

The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago
Not really. They can still be traced, just about

so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus
Correct conclusion, wrong premise. The promises were fulfilled in the 1st Century.
and without merit. God does not deal in worthless genealogies anymore.

Those that have faith are accepted by him Jew and Gentile alike. Paul quotes the prophet Hosea in Romans 9 and applies it to the Gentiles indicating that they were brought in to fill the fallen ranks - Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Rom. 9:24-26

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0