where to post a speculative alternative explanation thread?

Davidz777

Nov 23, 2012
SF Bay Area
✟10,303.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This board I'm not as yet familiar with has a labyrinth of sub-forums. I am wondering which forum would be appropriate to create a thread for discussing alternative explanations to scripture that don't reflect that of any current Christian denominations? I have numbers of unique speculative explanations. For instance an alternative to the interpretation of the NT miracle of Jesus walking on water.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Davidz777, here is one board that might work (but you should still read the SoP for that board): Controversial Christian Theology

If your ideas are really off the wall, then this board might work in certain circumstances (again, check the board rules before posting): Conspiracy Theories

Off course, you may just have to ask a mod, unorthodox idea by unorthodox idea, to really be sure.

I also see that you are Catholic, so there is OBOB, but I'm assuming that your ideas wouldn't fly very well there either?

--David

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
Hi @Davidz777, here is one board that might work (but you should still read the SoP for that board): Controversial Christian Theology

If your ideas are really off the wall, then this board might work in certain circumstances (again, check the board rules before posting): Conspiracy Theories

Off course, you may just have to ask a mod, unorthodox idea by unorthodox idea, to really be sure.

I also see that you are Catholic, so there is OBOB, but I'm assuming that your ideas wouldn't fly very well there either?

--David
Didn't there used to be an "Unorthodox Theology" sub-forum?

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Davidz777

Nov 23, 2012
SF Bay Area
✟10,303.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Recently after not visiting the board for a few years, I did post something on an old thread in the Controversial Theories forum and some of the responses seemed to be distressed that I might suggest such an idea. In that case I briefly related the opinion that omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence of God dominant in Christian denominations was dogma weakly supported by scripture and is one of the impossible divides between science and religion. I don't want to frighten members in this community with my science centric ideas as I know the majority have strong opinions on inerrancy and infallibilty I also reject. I a Christian seeking eternal life salvation, am seeking truth whether such comes from scripture, science, or reasoned logic in this modern era of information. Note I didn't debate any of the responses but it did give me reasons to ask the question herein.

• Informative
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Didn't there used to be an "Unorthodox Theology" sub-forum?
You're right, there was, but I think CF changed the name to Controversial Christian Theology.

• Informative
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Recently after not visiting the board for a few years, I did post something on an old thread in the Controversial Theories forum and some of the responses seemed to be distressed that I might suggest such an idea. In that case I briefly related the opinion that omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence of God dominant in Christian denominations was dogma weakly supported by scripture and is one of the impossible divides between science and religion. I don't want to frighten members in this community with my science centric ideas as I know the majority have strong opinions on inerrancy and infallibilty I also reject. I a Christian seeking eternal life salvation, am seeking truth whether such comes from scripture, science, or reasoned logic in this modern era of information. Note I didn't debate any of the responses but it did give me reasons to ask the question herein.
Back when I still had access to the Controveresial
Christian Theology forum, I participated in discussions
regading soteriology that were unorthodox. Even
though such topics are allowed there, the reception
thereof will often be quite chilly.

-

Upvote 0