Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've found I really hate making threads like this, but for whatever reason I feel compelled to.

Where to do you meet people (of the opposite sex)? I could probably count on one hand the number of crushes I've had--even then probably half were for people I barely knew--and I have a hard time finding anyone I can like and then act like a coward towards, much less knowing of a girl and acting like a coward. I go to community college, but no one there talks to me. I just started a cleaning business with my mom, so I don't have a job with other people (though if I did I couldn't image that working out better than a school situation). I live in the country, so there's not a lot of people. Most of the younger people in town left for college years ago.

So, what does one do?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol . . .

look, there is the internet. maybe see meet ups? singles, books, drinking, walking, whatever.

no fair for me. I live in a city with universities and such. But this is a problem because it attracts people who are like 18. uncomfortable.

there are lots of bars. be brave at the library. ask a grocer out. My friend used to get ticked that I would ask people out at work because they were trapped there. (I caught him do it though) And sometimes there is the girl who gives you her number at the fast food place and all you were doing is asking for a number 5. (we had a few places that got in trouble for adding weed to the number 5, but that is another story)

you might have to drive for some stuff.

but even when I was moving to the middle of no where South Carolina, I was simply at the town website and a feedback to ask questions. There were girls who were all like, "I so want to meet you. When you get here, I'll show you everything." The country is the best. I mean, you can start a conversation with aaaaanyone at the grocery for no reason whatsoever. Ask a recipe for something.

In the university bars, my research buddies and I would come up with ridiculous questions to research. Study the meaning of love or life or whatever. Good conversation topic. We went to packed parties and bars overflowing and would just stand there in the way. Tap someone on the shoulder, get a smile, suddenly you're talking.

Get bold. I met a doctor on the phone in chicago. She had never met me in her life. We just got to talking, I asked her out, we had a nice time. She was a little boring not knowing much other than being a doc. The phone is great. I once showed up and a group of women got the idea I was like 10 years older than I am. They were all waiting to meet me and I called them on it. We had a good laugh and they just encouraged me to meet others.

You can be anywhere and try. Why not? The women at the parking ticket office used to talk my ear off. And that is a good thing. You see, everyone comes in angry to them. They expect you angry. You come in nice and suddenly they like you. I wasn't trying to get off a ticket, I just like them. So many people get treated like garbage or robots, all you have to do is respect them as people.

Heck, you can hold a whole place up and get girls mesmerized just because you are driving through Indiana. And for me, well, I like people. I have no problem talking with some guy about drinks and movies and whatever at the store. Strangers come up to me and recommend beers. Have a good time. Movie rentals were good, but now people are all cold and angry at the redbox.

and once you meet one person, it can totally expand. one girl introduces you to more. one guy introduces you to more. people want you to meet their daughters. and so on. dating has been a lot of fun for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why dont you make an audio book of it. Post it online and then ill listen to you reading it. That would make me happy.

But that doesn't make me happy.

Eh, I'll just watch a pile of dirt instead. Ooh, worms.

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
maybe see meet ups?
What?

there are lots of bars.
I was in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago and went into my first and last bar. I hated it.

be brave at the library. ask a grocer out.
I should have said this, but I wouldn't want to be with local girls anyway. It's a small town and everyone knows each other. I didn't have the best reputation in school and thus the community at large.

You can be anywhere and try. Why not?
People won't even talk to me in school. Why would they talk to me anywhere else?

Upvote 0