United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Left? Right? Main Stream?

I am liking this particular graphic of our options.

allsidesmediabiaschart-version10.jpg

AP, Christian Science Monitor and The Wall Street Journal are among my favorites. After that it is quite clear how Fox and MSNBC give a certain drift to current events.

What is you preferred news source?

Here is another version.
Media-Bias-Chart-6.0_Low_Res_Licensed-1200x921.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-04-23-at-1.43.33-PM.png

News-Quality.V4.jpg

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

AP, Christian Science Monitor and The Wall Street Journal are among my favorites. After that it is quite clear how Fox and MSNBC give a certain drift to current events.

Here is another version.
Media-Bias-Chart-6.0_Low_Res_Licensed-1200x921.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-04-23-at-1.43.33-PM.png

News-Quality.V4.jpg
In the U.S. the news has gone from bad to unreliable. Newsmax is seeing incredible growth, they will print news that many networks want to conceal. For example, their article on the recent Pew Poll about fake news:
Pew Poll: 72 Percent of Americans Saw 'Made-Up News' About Election

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think the chart has some issues. I see no difference between The NY Times and the center sources, particularly BBC (which I follow enough to be able to evaluate). I don’t think WSJ is center anymore. It’s absurd to equate the NYTimes and CNN. CNN is definitely left, almost as much as Fox straight news is right.

I tend to use NYTimes and BBC. Both put the effort into real investigation, and deal with topics other than the obvious headlines. I use CNN to see what’s breaking, but find the fact that half their stories are attacks on Trump irritating, even though everything they say is true.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the chart has some issues. I see no difference between The NY Times and the center sources, particularly BBC (which I follow enough to be able to evaluate). I don’t think WSJ is center anymore. It’s absurd to equate the NYTimes and CNN. CNN is definitely left, almost as much as Fox straight news is right.

I tend to use NYTimes and BBC. Both put the effort into real investigation, and deal with topics other than the obvious headlines. I use CNN to see what’s breaking, but find the fact that half their stories are attacks on Trump irritating, even though everything they say is true.
I appreciate that and agree about CNN.

I will spend more time with BBC and Christian Science Monitor, Reuters and Associated Press. I have been following PBS.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Back about 1980 China and Vietnam were at war with each other. I could listen on Short Wave to Voice of Vietnam and hear one side of the day's battles. But then Radio Bejing gave an almost totally contradictory side. Who could know if only one side was lying or both sides were. It's like that now with American news. I don't trust a one of them any more.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Newsmax not too far right for you?
It's pretty straight news. Most of the major media has forced out those reporters who disagree with their agenda. Who was that guy who left the New York Times a few years back and wrote about the experience?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
is you preferred news source?

AP and Reuters for me.

The charts track pretty close to my observation. I think we know the bias of sources, which if true tells me we have no excuse for own biases if they keep us from being reasonable.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Back about 1980 China and Vietnam were at war with each other. I could listen on Short Wave to Voice of Vietnam and hear one side of the day's battles. But then Radio Bejing gave an almost totally contradictory side. Who could know if only one side was lying or both sides were. It's like that now with American news. I don't trust a one of them any more.
As I recall it was in 1979 Vietnam was worried China would invade northern Vietnam, I remember the reports were the Vietnamese moved American prisoners from a prison on the border. They left the prison, stopped once where a villager said the train never stopped before, then were taken by truck to Dong Vai prison according to the truck driver.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums