California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Someone deflecting from addressing the actual point of my post.

Storm the North Pole...take hostages...at least one...

*I'm kidding...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not good with that sorts of things.

It took me ages and I prayed for a decade before meeting her. Think God used the time to make me the kind of man who could handle a real woman and a real marriage. Interestingly it was only after I got my first place and a steady job that I suddenly met her. By then I also knew what I wanted

1) A Christian
2) A woman I could love
3) A woman who loved me

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could say that for nearly most of online dating apps or websites... even Christian sites have predators/catfishes.

About the only way to approach preventing that is by personal vetting by people who are "interested but detached." One or more people on each side who are familiar with each person take time to vet the other person's background.

That's why personal matchmakers work. They do the homework that the smitten are not emotionally capable of doing.

I'd like to see a congregation-enabled system in which congregational matchmakers use sites like Christian mingle locate and vet other singles for their own interested singles. Check their backgrounds, check their families, check for real pictures. It would be great if there was a sufficient pool of vetted eligible in each congregation, but there isn't. But technology can be used to extend their reach.

• Agree
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not good with that sorts of things.
First find a woman you love, have commonality and compatibility and laugh a lot. Then consider making her your wife. Friendship first!
Blessings

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no formula.

People marry who are mature, immature, new believers, content, not content, looking, not looking, and so on.

Sometimes you’re in the right place or someone makes an introduction. Some marriages are arranged by a dying spouse. There’s no set way to go about it.

People do it the right way and find spouses. Many are also single and looking. Some muck it up and have no wait.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Real easy to say
if you got one?
M-Bob
I agree Bob but I believe God reveals one to us.

We shouldn't strive then. She will be revealed if there is to be one. By our own effort who knows what you will end up with in this day and age, she might not be a she at all ! Tough to be married a while and you find out you're married to Mike instead of Joanne who inherited female parts from Judy who died in a car crash 6 years ago. Or you're married to a supposed Christian who seeks mystics for spiritual counseling. Or you're "faithful" wife and lover is banging her boss to climb the corporate ladder. We hear about these things happening today, I've even been witness to some of it.

I'd rather wait on God and if it's meant to be it will be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, they probly want to think that it is at least on your mind.

M-Bob

A woman who is looking for a man to marry is looking for a man who is looking for a woman to marry.

Yes, they do want to know if it's at least on your mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums