Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where should I donate?

Hi, everyone.

Lately, I have been having the urge to donate money to a charitable organization. And of course, I have a lot of options. I'm leaning towards donating to my local Christian-oriented homeless shelter called the River of Life. I used to be homeless and they took me in.

But I am open to other suggestions. I will donate about 50 dollars. That is what I can afford.

Thank you.

Reactions: JackRT

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Where should I donate?

Hi, everyone.

Lately, I have been having the urge to donate money to a charitable organization. And of course, I have a lot of options. I'm leaning towards donating to my local Christian-oriented homeless shelter called the River of Life. I used to be homeless and they took me in.

But I am open to other suggestions. I will donate about 50 dollars. That is what I can afford.

Thank you.

Look no further, a charity close to your heart is an excellent choice.

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's a Catholic charity I like donating to.

Chalice - Sponsor a Child with Chalice

You can either sponsor a child or pay for projects and/or supplies to people in third world countries. A principal of a Catholic school recommended this organization to me years ago.

This could be great. I have a soft spot for poor people as I have experienced it and have relatives who used to live in great poverty.

Thank you.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Additionally, there's also many click-to-donate sites where all you do is click a button and some of the advertisements loaded on the page afterwards will pay for the causes. It won't cost you a dime and will instead, take up maybe ten minutes of your time in total.

Protect 35 Acres of Critical Habitat for World Wildlife Day
EcologyFund.com - save, protect, preserve wilderness and rainforest for free!
http://www.freekibble.com/
Goodeed
Click to Donate - Free donations for rainforest, primates, pets, and more!
Care to Click
http://www.fandonation.com/
Cats vs Cancer

Ugh... Definitely not for me. I have no excess sentiment in favor of animals. I support the slaughter of cows because of my affiliation with my God-given appetite for McDonald's double quarter-pounder.

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're not all for animals. Some are for suicide prevention, providing food to people, and funding daily projects that come on very so often.

If you enjoy taking quizzes, I'd also recommend FreeRice.com. Each answer you get right, the World Food Program donates 10 grains of rice by the funds generated by the ad underneath the quiz.

Play online, learn online and feed the hungry | Freerice.com

Really? So it won't cost me a thing? All I do is take the quizzes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Where should I donate?

Hi, everyone.

Thank you.
I think St. Jude's or Shriners hospitals for children are worthy organizations. In Touch Ministries would be another.

Reactions: Bee_Brian
Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donate to the shelter that took you in. They helped you and you know what they are about. You know you won't be scammed, and you're paying it forward.

Like you, I was once homeless. Instead of donating to charities, I like to help the homeless directly. I'm not talking about a pocket of change in their cups or a burger or something. Housing, food, work. Always go with what you know is going directly for good.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not the local charity that helped you? If not, though, Samaritan's Purse (Billy Graham's son Franklin's organization) is a wonderful charity! Often they are the ONLY NGO allowed into a country to assist, and they are there first anyway! They have great assistance to citizens here at home, too.

Always check the financials on a charity. They are required by law in USA to make it available and tell you how to find it. Any organization that uses a lot for administration is a no no. Some charities keep their administrative costs to below 5% of their income.

Reactions: Bee_Brian
Upvote 0