Where is the Soul located? And how does it wield the earthly body?

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Coming from an Engineering background with automation, programming and AI motor control specialty, I have come to a sobering conclusion.

But firstly the question where is our soul located?

I have firmly come to the belief that our souls are immaterial and cannot be accessed by creation within creation. That leaves us with a sobering conclusion that we, that is our soul ID, call it user is within God's soul repository. The System Creation Administrator appoints our user soul a user account with a privileged access to Creation, which is our material realm.

In saying this, the user outside of a computer system interface has access through the user account but is NOT the computer or the user account as such, no more than our soul is the earthly body.

So the soul is located within God's immaterial soul repository and has remote access to the physical hardware within the World Wide Web which is the created realm. The hardware being our earthly body.

In essence our earthly body is a biomechanical avatar which is being remotely controlled by our soul.

So when you think about it, when we are are sitting together we are really remotely animating our doll like biomechanical bodies, yet we are not even there and those doll like living bodies are not us, but merely avatars.

In the resurrection our earthly bodies dissolve, yet our souls are merged with the new heavenly bodies to be every part integral to our soul being. Unlike the doll like bodies we currently remotely wield, the heavenly bodies will be as the Lord from Heaven.

After this dawned on me, I could only think and be comforted that the death of the earthly body is to sever the remote access the soul has to the earthly avatar body. So the matrix movie is so wonderfully portraying how we our soul ID are like battery cells, that is energy that exists outside of the material realm that cannot be destroyed.

Knowing this gives us a completely different perspective that we are not really here so to speak, we are just merely wielding and animating real to life biomechanical dolls and the brain in itself is a remote access CPU terminal interface that is given access to the soul ID by God from conception.

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Soul is the Mind, Will and emotions of a person . It is housed in the spirit of man no matter if the spirit is born again or not.
The soul will stay intact with the spirit for eternity.
Blessings

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Coming from an Engineering background with automation, programming and AI motor control specialty, I have come to a sobering conclusion.

I have firmly come to the belief that our souls are immaterial and cannot be accessed by creation within creation. That leaves us with a sobering conclusion that we, that is our soul ID, call it user is within God's soul repository. The System Creation Administrator appoints our user soul a user account with a privileged access to Creation, which is our material realm.

In saying this, the user outside of a computer system interface has access through the user account but is NOT the computer or the user account as such, no more than our soul is the earthly body.

So the soul is located within God's immaterial soul repository and has remote access to the physical hardware within the World Wide Web which is the created realm. The hardware being our earthly body.

In essence our earthly body is a biomechanical avatar which is being remotely controlled by our soul.

So when you think about it, when we are are sitting together we are really remotely animating our doll like biomechanical bodies, yet we are not even there and those doll like living bodies are not us, but merely avatars.

In the resurrection our earthly bodies dissolve, yet our souls are merged with the new heavenly bodies to be every part integral to our soul being. Unlike the doll like bodies we currently remotely wield, the heavenly bodies will be as the Lord from Heaven.

After this dawned on me, I could only think and be comforted that the death of the earthly body is to sever the remote access the soul has to the earthly avatar body. So the matrix movie is so wonderfully portraying how we our soul ID are like battery cells, that is energy that exists outside of the material realm that cannot be destroyed.

Knowing this gives us a completely different perspective that we are not really here so to speak, we are just merely wielding and animating real to life biomechanical dolls and the brain in itself is a remote access CPU terminal interface that is given access to the soul ID by God from conception.

I think we are really here. How it works, I'm not certain, but look at it this way. A beat consists of the moments of impact coupled with moments of no impact. Together they make the beat what it is, though one "is" and one "is not."

• Informative
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So what would you say the purpose is for religion/Christianity, in this computer?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I dont think you are that far from the truth. I think Life could be more closely likened to a Game with infinite continues until you are able to reach the end and become the player of the game...... I dont think one death automatically places you in the soul....but quite the opposite... "He that liveth and believeth in me shall never die...."

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟37,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Nice! :oldthumbsup: And like the movie, The Matrix, there is reality behind the Matrix (world system), that is the real world, the spiritual world. The real world even had the city of Zion. :) But only born again believers know this, and Zion will be better than the movie, and not underground. ;)

Isa 2:2  It shall happen in the latter days, that the mountain of Yahweh’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it. 

Isa 2:3  Many peoples shall go and say, "Come, let’s go up to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion the law shall go out, and Yahweh’s word from Jerusalem.

I had a post about the "God Gene", you might like... or not. :)
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/is-there-a-god-gene.8077545/#post-73063355

So, yes the soul is where we feel and live, and how we process our environment-in our skin suites, where it seems the spirit is how we can communicate with Gods Spirit, and not only is the breath we breathe, but more on the lines of the mind. I've never really did a whole word study because it is very daunting. :( But it looks like we are a three part being-just like God is three persons, but one. So our body contains the soul and spirit, and we are one.

1Th 5:23  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming (Parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe the soul has a "form", if you will. Notice this verse in Revelation:

Rev 6:9  When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had. 

Rev 6:10  They cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, Master, the holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 

Rev 6:11  A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.

Because of this, I believe what the angels are bringing "back", (those resting under the altar) with Jesus at the Parousia- the coming and resurrection; they are the souls in Heaven. They will be then put back together with the new resurrection bodies from the Earth, and those living will be "changed" without seeing death, a moment after the resurrection-this is called the "rapture". Notice this teaching of Jesus on the afterlife. Angels carry the souls!

Luk 16:22  So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 

Luk 16:23  And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 

Luk 16:24  "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 

Luk 16:25  But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 

Luk 16:26  And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 

Notice below: These are all the same events, at the Parousia. Mark tells us the gathering will be from the heaven and Earth, and by angels. So the same event. :)

Mat 24:3  Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming,(Parousia) and of the end of the age?" 

Mar 13:24  "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 

Mar 13:25  the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 

Mar 13:26  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 

Mar 13:27  And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

1Th 4:13  But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, (died) lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 

1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. (resting under the altar)

1Th 4:15  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming (Parousia) of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 

1Th 4:16  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 

1Th 4:17  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together (rapture) with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 

1Co 15:21  For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 

1Co 15:23  But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. (Parousia)
:amen: 

Upvote 0

Uncle Mikey

Declare all that thou seest.
Supporter
Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
✟10,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ha! You just described something I've been pondering for a long time.

There is actually scientific evidence for this.

There are studies that show our thoughts originate from *outside* of our bodies.

Once they enter our brains, we experience an illusion that we ourselves came up with that thought, when really it was merely implanted... we're talking all of our thoughts... and actions here.

I for one worry about Pilot Wave Theory.

If True, the implication is that the Wave is the Pilot, and matter simply follows where the Wave leads it.

Anyhow...

Some folks call your theory the 'Higher Self'.

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟37,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats

There are studies that show our thoughts originate from *outside* of our bodies.

Once they enter our brains, we experience an illusion that we ourselves came up with that thought, when really it was merely implanted... we're talking all of our thoughts... and actions here.

If True, the implication is that the Wave is the Pilot, and matter simply follows where the Wave leads it.

Anyhow...

Yeah, when we are born again, we get a new software upgrade so we can understand the things of God. :)

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 

1Co 2:13  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 

1Co 2:14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 

1Co 2:15  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 

1Co 2:16  For "WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD THAT HE MAY INSTRUCT HIM?" But we have the mind of Christ. 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Soul is the Mind, Will and emotions of a person . It is housed in the spirit of man no matter if the spirit is born again or not.
The soul will stay intact with the spirit for eternity.
Blessings

So soul is not spirit. Soul is immaterial right, where as spirit or life is here.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I dont think you are that far from the truth. I think Life could be more closely likened to a Game with infinite continues until you are able to reach the end and become the player of the game...... I dont think one death automatically places you in the soul....but quite the opposite... "He that liveth and believeth in me shall never die...."

The way Jesus emphasizes that point is as if the soul will continue regardless of the earthly body, in that they are separate from one another.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering how you came to this belief. I don't see scripture explaining it so. I grant you that scripture is not clear and even confuses the issue with soul being used differently in the OT than in the NT. Some translations are glaring in this dual use.

Regardless, there are a couple of concepts that scripture teaches that need to be accounted for in our understading of soul. We are made in the image of God, angels are not, but at the resurrection, we will be like angels.

Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

So how are we created in the image of God? It certainly is not our physical attributes. I used to always think this refers to us having souls that could be filled with either God's spirit or Satan's. But, this kind of pushes to angels not having souls, at least not like we have. BTW, how do you include demon possession in your "remote control" theory?

I think the most amazing part about humans is that we can reproduce. Now our reproduction is different than that of animals and this is how we are like God. We can create eternal life, just like God can, but not angels. This means when a man and woman reproduce, both a physical and spiritual body is created. The spiritual body lives forever. It is our greatest accomplishment on earth and we will loose this ability in the next age.

Romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,
As Romans says, there is a number of souls that will come into existence and become the elect. We do this according to God's plan.

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them.​

While scripture is not clear on what the Nephilim were, some say they were the product of angels reproducing with women. They are said to be soulless creatures.

Luke 1:31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

It is very crucial that the Son of God came to this world taking on human flesh by means of a virgin birth. That is because Jesus is both God and man. His flesh is human like ours. But, his spirit is eternal and came from heaven. If Joseph would have conceived Jesus in Mary, there would be a huge problem with a new soul being formed.

BTW, I also was a computer engineer and that has shaped how I read scripture. I always go back to ECC memory. Scripture has all the information that can be preserved even with slight errors over time and translation. This is accomplished by the message being repeated and detailed over multiple places in scripture with multiple wording. So some of the technical aspects of scripture need to be dug into throughout the whole of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Anyhow...

Very interesting.
So when there is a case of demonic possession, where another is trying to hack the user account to access the biomechanical body, this leads to actions exhibited by more than one party. "The Devil made him do it" phrase seems to point to a hacked account. Offcourse this is being done external and remotely.

If we exist locally to our body and not doing things remotely, where our being is tightly integrated to our biomechanical body then the ability for another user to hack a user account is impossible if not improbable.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
BTW, how do you include demon possession in your "remote control" theory?

So when there is a case of demonic possession, where another is trying to hack the user account to access the biomechanical body, this leads to actions exhibited by more than one party. "The Devil made him do it" phrase seems to point to a hacked account. Offcourse this is being done external and remotely.

If we exist locally to our body and not doing things remotely, where our being is tightly integrated to our biomechanical body then the ability for another user to hack a user account is impossible if not improbable.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could I ask you to elaborate what soul is?
What spirit is?
The OT used soul differently than the NT.
Current popular deffinition of soul is
1. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
But there is a second also used aspect,
2. the essence or embodiment of a specified quality.

When talking about Christianity I use the first definition that suits the following,
Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

The soul holds either God's spirit or Satan's. Our spirit is then the spiritual life/character that lives in our spiritual body/soul. This is akin to our mind being what directs the physical body. Of course our spirit directs our mind also.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Reactions: Uncle Mikey
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 8:31
The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

But scripture describes demons as being cast out of the body, even possible to enter pigs.

• Agree
Upvote 0