Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This prophecy is regarding the aftermath of the Great Tribulation and the sign preceding the Second Coming of Christ (Matthew 24:29,30): Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

My conclusion from your answer is we will not be seeing that signs in the tribulation.

because the SUN will still be SHINING at the day of believers be taken/ rapture
Matt 24 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

People work in the field during DAYLIGHT
Strawberry_farmer_inspect_field_1.jpg

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left
tbm190510.jpg

People grind during DAYLIGHT

Lets see the original greek version :
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation =eutheos de meta ten thlipsin (in greek)
meta was translated as after but meta also mean "with" in english,
In fact meta was translated as "WITH" much more often in the new Testament.
so the appropriate translation should read
immedately WITH the tribulation

Matt 24:30 Then will appear = koi tote phanesetai (in greek)
tote was translated as then but tote also mean "at that time".
so the more correct translation should read : At that time will appear.

Jesus bless u all HalleluYah

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be no preceding signs to the Lord's Day of wrath. The blood and fire will happen on that Day.

I guess the raptured believers will not be seeing that signs then.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill, the one shall be taken, and the other left.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess the raptured believers will not be seeing that signs then.
Correct. The sign is for the unbelieving and the ungodly that their judgment is at hand. Hence there is UNIVERSAL MOURNING at the Second Coming of Christ (Mt 24:30):
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The sign is for the unbelieving and the ungodly that their judgment is at hand. Hence there is UNIVERSAL MOURNING at the Second Coming of Christ (Mt 24:30):
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Perhaps the ungodly shall be judged AS WELL with this signs
Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It would have to be a sign that the unbelieving and ungodly understand.
They would dismiss any natural disaster or human conflict/war as natural.
So it would have to be something that has no such rational explanation...
something foreboding yet specific they will understand in an instant.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps the ungodly shall be judged AS WELL with this signs
Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

The unbelieving ungodly laugh at what Christians might call "acts of God" and dismiss them as random natural events.
Seems to me the "sign" is something else that is universally understood that accompanies the acts of God. Some have
speculated the sign to be a cross. But these days even reprobates like Madonna wear crosses. It's something else.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It would have to be a sign that the unbelieving and ungodly understand.
They would dismiss any natural disaster or human conflict/war as natural.
So it would have to be something that has no such rational explanation...
something foreboding yet specific they will understand in an instant.
The *sign* will indeed by understood by all the inhabitants of the earth -- "for the powers of heaven shall be shaken". The unprecedented cataclysmic cosmic events -- as found in the sixth seal -- will cause men to believe that the wrath of the Lamb is coming upon them.

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:26)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The unbelieving ungodly laugh at what Christians might call "acts of God" and dismiss them as random natural events.
Seems to me the "sign" is something else that is universally understood that accompanies the acts of God. Some have
speculated the sign to be a cross. But these days even reprobates like Madonna wear crosses. It's something else.

The *sign* will indeed by understood by all the inhabitants of the earth -- "for the powers of heaven shall be shaken". The unprecedented cataclysmic cosmic events -- as found in the sixth seal -- will cause men to believe that the wrath of the Lamb is coming upon them.

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:26)

Possibly planet 7X? :scratch:

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This "sign" reminds me of Joel 2 and Ezekiel 39... which say God will be made manifest.
In Ezekiel 39 God will be made manifest to both Israel and the heathen. This is interesting...
because "acts of God" could be interpreted differently by different religions... or by atheists
as being natural... so there must be something else... that puts everyone globally on the same page.

Both Joel and Ezekiel refer to God intervening against an army that God Himself sent against His people
because of their sins.

Joel 2

20 But I will remove the northern army far from you...

25 Then I will make up to you for the years
That the swarming locust has eaten,
The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust,
My great army which I sent among you...

27 Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel,
And that I am the LORD your God,
And there is no other;
And My people will never be put to shame.

Ezekiel 39 [Gog]

21 And I will set My glory among the nations;
and all the nations will see My judgment
which I have executed and My hand which I have laid on them.

22 And the house of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God from that day onward.

23 The nations will know that the house of Israel went into exile for their iniquity
because they acted treacherously against Me, and I hid My face from them;
so I gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and all of them fell by the sword.

24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I dealt with them,
and I hid My face from them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Possibly planet 7X? :scratch:

If there were such an unknown planet hurling towards earth...
secular people would say that it's a natural event.

I have researched this "sign" in the past... looking up what others...
Bible commentaries and church fathers... have said about this "sign"
but there is little agreement. Some even question whether there is
a separate sign from the events of the second coming. But as I say
here... there must be a sign... otherwise the events might be thought
as natural or man-made. To me, the "sign" is God leaving His calling card
a universally understood sign of some sort... that everyone on the planet
will recognize and mourn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums