✟7,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings!

I was considering the Garden of Eden. I am reading the polyglot Bible, as hosted on sacred-texts' website. There are a number of materials that are not in the KJV, nor the original Vulgate, nor Septuagint, nor Coptic. I have prayed continually for God to grant me wisdom and knowledge to find the answers I seek.

It came to me today that the Tigris and the Euphrates are supposed to flow from the Garden. I wondered if anyone has considered the polarity shift of the earth. If the polar shift is a reality, then it would stand to reason that the rivers flow in opposite directions now. Mean N would have been S and vice verse. In the First Book of Adam and Eve, it is written that there is a crystal clear sea that one could wash themselves in to be truly clean. Of course, I do not put any further weight on extra-biblical reading - especially if it is in direct conflict with the Word. Yet, I find no fault in the text except that it is not verifiable. It is widely accepted that Genesis is likely a summary of several earlier texts. Am I way off base here, or is it possible that the Garden is in Antartica under all that ice?

There is really a lot to unpack, but I can't find many people willing to explore the bible and its extrabiblical texts with an open mind that understands science as the means by which we understand God's creation. I try to keep it simple and see how all the pieces fit together. Considering God exists outside time and is not subject to it - I tend to loosely adhere to timeline ideas in the bible. One of the texts I read says that a day for God is 1000 years for man on earth.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Greetings!

I was considering the Garden of Eden. I am reading the polyglot Bible, as hosted on sacred-texts' website. There are a number of materials that are not in the KJV, nor the original Vulgate, nor Septuagint, nor Coptic. I have prayed continually for God to grant me wisdom and knowledge to find the answers I seek.

It came to me today that the Tigris and the Euphrates are supposed to flow from the Garden. I wondered if anyone has considered the polarity shift of the earth. If the polar shift is a reality, then it would stand to reason that the rivers flow in opposite directions now. Mean N would have been S and vice verse. In the First Book of Adam and Eve, it is written that there is a crystal clear sea that one could wash themselves in to be truly clean. Of course, I do not put any further weight on extra-biblical reading - especially if it is in direct conflict with the Word. Yet, I find no fault in the text except that it is not verifiable. It is widely accepted that Genesis is likely a summary of several earlier texts. Am I way off base here, or is it possible that the Garden is in Antartica under all that ice?

There is really a lot to unpack, but I can't find many people willing to explore the bible and its extrabiblical texts with an open mind that understands science as the means by which we understand God's creation. I try to keep it simple and see how all the pieces fit together. Considering God exists outside time and is not subject to it - I tend to loosely adhere to timeline ideas in the bible. One of the texts I read says that a day for God is 1000 years for man on earth.

It may have been where the Persian Gulf is now. It was once a valley that flooded after the last ice age. That flooding may also be the source of the story of Noah's flood and the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

The first part of the answer is that you are right about one thing - the Tigris and Euphrates point to where it used to be. Remember Moses was writing about this in Genesis - long after the flood. So the geographic locations he gave were taking into account what the reader could see in his day after the flood. (which means no "under the ice caps option is likely).

The second part of the answer is this - God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden the day that they sinned. So God was maintaining Eden as a place free from the curse of sin with Angels guarding access to it that entire time between the fall of man to the flood. At the flood it was taken to heaven. Rev 2 and Rev 22 remind us that the Tree of Life is in paradise - with God where His throne is.

Your prayers answered because God has given gifts to the church for that purpose.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It may have been where the Persian Gulf is now. It was once a valley that flooded after the last ice age. That flooding may also be the source of the story of Noah's flood and the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The flood was before the ice age and it includes this key detail

Gen 7:
17 Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth.

18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 And the water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered.

20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21 So all creatures that moved on the earth perished: birds, livestock, animals, and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 So He wiped out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from mankind to animals, to crawling things, and the birds of the sky, and they were wiped out from the earth

===================

Birds can fly away from a local flood

Upvote 0

Jyohmesheh

Aug 6, 2021
Southeast US
✟7,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great info everyone! Thank you for the responses. My guess is the flood destroyed everything referenced before the flood. I wonder sometimes how much of what we 'know' is satan, and how much is real. The Antartic idea was based on a few of the extrabiblical texts - 1. The polar shift could have moved land masses. 2. the clear sea described north of the garden, much in the way of the fountain of youth. 3. the golden rods from India placed in the south of the cave of treasures as they came from the south of the Garden. 4. The incense and myrrh from the east and the west respectively and placed as such in the cave of treasures. 5. I guess it all had me wondering if Antartica was once a temperate region with life abundant, in the way of the Garden.

I see now that this is folly. It goes to show how the mind can wander when you read the extra biblical texts and do not measure them against the Word. Thank you for keeping me sane in my wandering!

----------------

Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with Wisdom Power and Love, Our god is an Awesome God!

• Useful
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you're wondering where it is now then, well it's in heaven. And that means my wife can now see it !!!! As well as the tree of life.

I don't care where it was cause this whole world is going away anyway.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Great info everyone! Thank you for the responses. My guess is the flood destroyed everything referenced before the flood. I wonder sometimes how much of what we 'know' is satan, and how much is real. The Antartic idea was based on a few of the extrabiblical texts - 1. The polar shift could have moved land masses. 2. the clear sea described north of the garden, much in the way of the fountain of youth. 3. the golden rods from India placed in the south of the cave of treasures as they came from the south of the Garden. 4. The incense and myrrh from the east and the west respectively and placed as such in the cave of treasures. 5. I guess it all had me wondering if Antartica was once a temperate region with life abundant, in the way of the Garden.

I see now that this is folly. It goes to show how the mind can wander when you read the extra biblical texts and do not measure them against the Word. Thank you for keeping me sane in my wandering!

----------------

Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with Wisdom Power and Love, Our god is an Awesome God!
1. I do not have an opinion on wheather the poles shifted. Do not understand how that would move landmass. Just told that it is so.
2. ?
3.?
4. ?
5. They claim to have found grainseeds in the soilsamples of greenland, that would mean it was temperate at earlier times. And there was a Carlson person or something like that on Joe Rogan, who explained how glaziers formed the grand canyon and carved some other mountains. Seemed plausible, there was also sedimentary soil samples taken.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The Garden of Eden, meaning Garden of Pleasure, was where God made Adam and Eve, on the Temple Mount. Where Abraham was about to sacrifice his son, until a goat was seen stuck in a rock which is said to still be there.

One can speculate that the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was near there, maybe just outside the city where Jesus was crucified. So Satan made two great appearances there. Both on the matter of stealing from God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have prayed continually for God to grant me wisdom and knowledge to find the answers I seek.

Here is a question for you.
Why are there many towns around the X English colonies with the names of English towns?

Answer the colonist named there new town after the place they knew back in England.

Following the flood Noah or one of his grandsons named two mighty rivers after the rivers they knew back in Eden.

The flood destroyed the world that contained Eden, we live in a post flood world.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering God exists outside time and is not subject to it
This is a very good thing to consider further: God would not need to leave physical evidence of the Garden. He would not be unable to remove the evidence. In order for us to have faith -- "confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1) -- we can't just have easy obvious evidence of God(!).... Not until Christ returns at least. We are to have faith instead of merely seeing outright, so therefore there must not be undisputable clear evidence that would remove the opportunity for faith.

Possibly even angels would be sent at times as needed to remove anything that could become conclusive (decisive) evidence, in order to allow the main goal for us to be possible.

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's directly behind cherubim and the flaming sword

So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life. Gen 3:24

Since we'll never get there in this life, I see no reason to speculate as to its whereabouts beyond this.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The way to the Tree of Life is guarded but the Garden is in Israel and is the Temple Mount and it's surrounds.

Genesis 22.
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”NKJV

In context this is in the Land of Moriah.

The Land of Moriah, Mount Moriah, and The Site of Solomon's Temple in Biblical Historiography | Harvard Theological Review | Cambridge Core
The site of Solomon's Temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Tolworth John is right. The antediluvian world was probably one supercontinent, with more land than ocean. The crust of the Earth was churned up and any remnants of the first world are usually under miles of ocean and/or rock. I suspect the Garden was located in the present day Indian Ocean, on the equator, but it could have been anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, pre-Flood, it’s kind of hard to say. We know that post-Flood, humanity settled in and moved out from what is now Iraq, and human civilization, language families, and technology do seem to have developed in and spread from what we now know as Iraq.

Maybe Eden was over the Holy Land, over Modern-day Israel and Palestine, but it’s hard to say. The ark landed on Mount Ararat in Armenia, so a general cradle for humanity from the Eastern Mediterranean coast to Western Asia seems possible.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, pre-Flood, it’s kind of hard to say. We know that post-Flood, humanity settled in and moved out from what is now Iraq, and human civilization, language families, and technology do seem to have developed in and spread from what we now know as Iraq.

Maybe Eden was over the Holy Land, over Modern-day Israel and Palestine, but it’s hard to say. The ark landed on Mount Ararat in Armenia, so a general cradle for humanity from the Eastern Mediterranean coast to Western Asia seems possible.

As noted here - Moses is writing after the flood to readers living after the flood.

The first part of the answer is that you are right about one thing - the Tigris and Euphrates point to where it used to be. Remember Moses was writing about this in Genesis - long after the flood. So the geographic locations he gave were taking into account what the reader could see in his day after the flood. (which means no "under the ice caps option is likely).

The second part of the answer is this - God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden the day that they sinned. So God was maintaining Eden as a place free from the curse of sin with Angels guarding access to it that entire time between the fall of man to the flood. At the flood it was taken to heaven. Rev 2 and Rev 22 remind us that the Tree of Life is in paradise - with God where His throne is.

Your prayers answered because God has given gifts to the church for that purpose.

His location information is in context for his readers

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Greetings!

I don’t think so.As a matter of fact,the garden of eden was very likely removed from earth along with its two holy trees by God himself.One of the reasons for this is that imagine how dangerous it would be if a terrible person,like Hitler or pol pot,though guarded by a powerful cheribum,we’re able to obtain a fruit from the tree of life.God forknew this and it was his Good choice to remove it for humanity’s sake.For it’s location,it was indeed located between the Tigris and Euphrates river in present day Iraq,commonly known as the Fertile Crescent,think about how extraordinary it is that the biggest garden of all edible plants was in such a fertile spot!

Also,take this into consideration,imagine if modern humanity was able to travel to the garden and see the Cheribum for themselves,then,faith wouldn’t be faith,but a sight and belief faith.It wouldn’t be real faith if a cheribum was in plain sight for people to see.

Also,concerning the great flood.When the flood came,it is very likely God removed it before the destruction,it is very likely all the continents were connected before the flood.And certainly God didn’t want the two holy trees and one of his angels to be killed.

It is impossible that the garden of eden is still on earth.Think about this as well,our planet is warming,and Antarctica is melting,if Antarctica is to melt,the garden would be revealed and thus people would go it it simply to see to believe.

And finally,possibly the most important part is that the tree of life,one of the two holy trees, grants eternal life,and sinful humanity cannot have eternal life because of its separation from God.But only through Jesus can one have that glorious gift.Imagine thag anyone could mosey to the garden and eat a TOL(Tree of life) fruit.Tgey would have eternal life without Christ,which is a major no no.Jesus said “I am the way the truth and the LIFE,No-one comes unto the father but through me” John 14:6.

you see friend.It is very good the garden is removed,and it is safe in the hand of the father and protected from evil hands.It will be re-placed back into earth when the earth is recreated!

God bless!

Upvote 0