Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I thought you hated him? Is this the same guy you thought you were pregnant by a few months ago? Personally, I think you should just be single for a while and figure out what you want in life, but since that probably won't happen maybe you both should go to couple's counseling if you want this relationship to work and have any longevity.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought you hated him? Is this the same guy you thought you were pregnant by a few months ago? Personally, I think you should just be single for a while and figure out what you want in life, but since that probably won't happen maybe you both should go to couple's counseling if you want this relationship to work and have any longevity.

Yeah, it's the same guy. I go back and forth. And I ended up not being pregnant.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It hasn't hit two years yet this is just our one year mark.

And it's not so much that i'm not in love because I feel like I do love my boyfriend. It's just not the cute romantic love it's the I spend time cooking and cleaning and buying things for you and putting up with your attitude and eating habits and we manage our finances together dedication love.

I'm 26 and I've dated a lot. I've grown past romantic love and just want to get married now and have kids and be about the next stage in life like the rest of my peers. I don't really care about being in "love" as long as I can tolerate the other person, they don't cheat, give me respect, and we can manage our lives together that's what's important.

Besides most Americans families never see each other anyway they are always working.

And then there's the fact that we all just get old and sick and die anyway and end up single in the grand scheme of things so ultimately it makes romantic love pointless.
This is all about the singular you. It doesn't sound like your relationship is at the point where you two should marry.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So:

1. You were upset when you thought you were having his baby

2. You're unhappy cohabiting with him

3. You actually said you HATE him at some point, recently and forcefully enough than an Internet stranger remembered it

WHY do you want an engagement ring from this man?

Upvote 0

Therese Rose

Mar 20, 2018
United States
✟8,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't give him any of the benefits of marriage. So long as you give him the benefits of marriage - a woman who lives with him and possibly even physical intimacy - then there's really no urgency for him to marry. And it even enables him to subtly "keep his options open". This is not a good situation.

Stop being physically intimate with him and make plans to move out or - if you own the house - to request him to move out.

This should inspire him to either get serious about you or to move on entirely.
So on this note like do you think that there's something to be said for giving each other space even outside of the religious arguments? Maybe I do too much for my bf too. I thought that if I showed him what a good wife I could be then he would want to marry me :(

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So on this note like do you think that there's something to be said for giving each other space even outside of the religious arguments? Maybe I do too much for my bf too. I thought that if I showed him what a good wife I could be then he would want to marry me :(

Abusive people don’t change. Trying to show how good you can be is wasting your time. Best to leave the relationship now and save yourself the grief.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Hopemadenew

Apr 22, 2018
Half way
✟15,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So I've bugged my current bf of a year about getting married often enough. I do not like playing house and we got stuck in a situation where we live together.

Ooh ouch. Well, i can say I feel your pain because I'm kinda same boat wanting ring. He gave me cheap ring to start.. Ok that's fine wedding not priority yet. But then he makes comment that he thought he was done ring shopping and even accused me of maybe being matetialistic, and i said yes, that is right. I want a nice ring in near future before the wedding.. So that is the plan..

That being said. This is marriage 3 for me. I didn't really have an official wedding first two times and I guess in my heart I didn't care.. Because it was about just being married.. But now 2 broken marriages and several kids later I do plan to have a wedding because I really really love this man.. If u really love someone, then he will be worth waiting for. But if its just ring and wedding your after, then I feel bad for the misery ahead you are not aware of yet. I'm wondering if you're just frustrated... Keep us updated

My bf is quiet a bit younger than I am like 5 and a half years younger. And I know I've been back and forth because he's a difficult person, but so am I. Anyway, I want an engagement ring and he told me he wants to wait sometime between this year and the next until marriage. He said one year is not enough for the rest of my life.

I mean I get it but I'm also at a different point mentally. And my current mentality is fairy tale love and perfect careers and "the right time" doesn't exist. Just propose to me and let's get on with our lives now.

How much longer should i really tolerate this before I start searching for a different guy who is ready to marry me and settle into married life?

Upvote 0