Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What happened to not liking Whataboutisms?

You got me there .. you are right, it doesn’t matter if the wall can keep people out or not, that is for another thread.

Yea, Biden administration has not done much to stop the migrant in-flow. We can’t have so many people coming into the country. I am for pro-immigration and comprehensive immigration reform, but we can’t have open border and thousands of them coming in to the country every day. Biden administration needs to do much better.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The President assigned the southern boarder crisis to her

Del Rio closes border bridge as thousands of Haitian migrants fleeing disaster and unrest seek asylum

And how did 12,000 people get from Haiti to Mexico?

Thanks for posting this, I came close to posting a thread yesterday on it, especially from the stand point of various people recently scoffing if you mention something like we have a semi "Open border", defacto open border etc.

At this place you can literally see the people walking to the bridge area, and crossing by boat the river etc. with no barriers, security etc. around to stop them.

But I learned over the years that quite often liberals are often not as well informed as they believe themselves to be!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know I will get attack by both side of the political ideology, and I am no way claiming my idea will solve the issue. . But my view is this , there is no silver bullet to solve the immigration problem in US . It is complex and need time, money and effort.

• We need comprehensive immigration reform in this country. We can’t send 11 million people back. This is just not practical. Rather I would like to see we reform the system so those who are undocumented , they became documented and contribute to us economy and build a better US.

• We need sessional work visas so people can come to this country and work and then go back. But we need good tracking system- who are in this country and where they are and when their visa expires they go back and can come back again next season.

• We need to engage more in Latin America. I am no way suggesting we go full force “ Nation building” , but find core reason why parents send their 9 years old girl thousands mills away to have better life. May be fix some of the issue in Latin America – Gang violence and other violence etc, so people from those country doesn’t walk 2k miles to come to US.

• Finally border security – we need that but tadeonal wall building will not do any thing.. we need modern technology like fiber optics or drone etc.

Attacking immigrant or on the other side open border idea .. neither of those will do any good. It has not done any thing last 20 years, and the way things are it will not do any thing next 20 years.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exactly was VP Harris supposed to do? These people are all at an official border crossing seeking asylum, which is legal under US law.
You don't solve problems in Latin America (or anywhere else for that matter) by mass evacuation of everyone into the United States.

I realise that mass evacuation now appears to be standard UN and Democratic Party policy, but that doesn't mean it's not a totally idiotic, unsustainable, unworkable policy.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I will get attack by both side of the political ideology, and I am no way claiming my idea will solve the issue. . But my view is this , there is no silver bullet to solve the immigration problem in US . It is complex and need time, money and effort.

• We need comprehensive immigration reform in this country. We can’t send 11 million people back. This is just not practical. Rather I would like to see we reform the system so those who are undocumented , they became documented and contribute to us economy and build a better US.

• We need sessional work visas so people can come to this country and work and then go back. But we need good tracking system- who are in this country and where they are and when their visa expires they go back and can come back again next season.

• We need to engage more in Latin America. I am no way suggesting we go full force “ Nation building” , but find core reason why parents send their 9 years old girl thousands mills away to have better life. May be fix some of the issue in Latin America – Gang violence and other violence etc, so people from those country doesn’t walk 2k miles to come to US.

• Finally border security – we need that but tadeonal wall building will not do any thing.. we need modern technology like fiber optics or drone etc.

Attacking immigrant or on the other side open border idea .. neither of those will do any good. It has not done any thing last 20 years, and the way things are it will not do any thing next 20 years.
I actually agree with this, and feel that this would work. I have always felt uneasy about watching footage of ICE officials raiding a trailer full of a grandma, parents, and the kids. That’s a bit much. I get it, they’re breaking the law, but they’re not terrorists. There has to be a better way of handling a situation like that.

And yes, we need tighter border controls in place, a wall, and a faster, simpler, cheaper immigration system. And other countries need to be places where people want to stay, not places they flee. If the US were able to help those countries become more livable, by investing in them, that would be cool.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly was VP Harris supposed to do? These people are all at an official border crossing seeking asylum, which is legal under US law.

invoke her super powers?

ww.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In March 24, 2021
President Biden said Thursday that he has appointed Vice President Kamala Harris to lead his administration’s efforts to address a record surge in migrants, including unaccompanied minors, that has strained capacity at immigration facilities at the southern border in recent weeks.
What has she done? It is not getting better, but grows worse by the week.

Upvote 0