• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Where is Joe Biden or any Democratic leaders?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 23, 2020.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Has Joe or anyone in Democratic Leadership taken a stand against the violence, assaults and property damage happening all over the US?

Has anyone on the Democratic side called for law and order?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,052
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Law and order ? It used to be legal to thwart and harass minorities. Be careful of what you’re calling for !

3. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I know what I am calling for:

I expect people to be held accountable for their actions.

and wondering why we don’t hear former VP Biden or any of the Democratic leadership calling for it.

how about you?

4. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,323
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Don't seem like it.
    Maybe thinking that they will pick some votes up there?
    If they haven't burnt down the polling places?
    Oh, maybe that's why they want mail in?
    M

5. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+740
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

“Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.” Joe Biden

There have been condemnations across the board from all levels of democratic leaders. and they are easy to find if you just look.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,052
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I’m not that fond of fascist behavior

7. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    If you consider stopping rioters from looting, setting fires to minority and big businesses, assaulting and now in CHAZ, murdering people in cold blood "fascist behavior", we have no common ground.

8. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,991
    Christian
    Married
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    My apologies - by my using the term "taking a stand" to me, means proposing and helping ACT on the problem. Both are great statements - both good, good soundbite. Neither supports the Police nor offers a solution.

Democrats are great for sound bites - how about putting action to words?

10. Lord Vega

Lord Vega King NES

+44
    United States
    United Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    To be fair, Joe Biden used to be tough on crime. Read about it here: The controversial 1994 crime law that Joe Biden helped write, explained

We're living in different times, however. BLM is the latest political fashion, so I don't think it would be within Biden's political interests to denounce the violence, riots, and protests that have been happening all over the country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    You support him changing his stance according to what is politically expedient for him? How about doing something because it is the right thing to do?

12. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+740
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    how about you honestly look?

13. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,759
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    You're right, Joe Biden should use his vast power as a *checks notes* private citizen to address the problem. What do you suggest he do besides what he already has done?

14. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,308
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Both Houses of Congress are working on comprehensive police reform and reallocating some resources to programs which prevent crime.

Speaking of real Mega crimes, the house is investigating attorney general Barr who recently fired a prosecutor in the southern district of New York to prevent his boss and his boss's colleagues from being investigated. Berman was investigating the Trump Corporation. He was also investigating Trump as individual 1 in campaign fraud.
    Law & Order needs to start at the top. There have been so many crimes committed within the Trump Administration over the past 3 years that the idea of Law & Order for everyone else seems tremendously hypocritical

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  15. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+2,481
    Methodist
    Conservatives find themselves frustrated by Democratic candidates who are following the CDC guidelines - the more this President and his supporters defy the conventional medical wisdom of wearing masks, maintaining social distancing and not holding rallies in confined spaces, the less competent they appear to be able to address America's problems!

With over 120,000 dead, 2.3 million testing positive and 40 million unemployed, the nation doesn't need to listen to this President 's never-ending whining as to how unfairly he's being treated!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  16. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Given the facts:
    Twitter removes account of white nationalist group posing as antifa online
    The move comes as disinformation spreads online amid protests and unrest.
    Twitter removes account of white nationalist group posing as antifa online

It's a question the right seems to be unwilling to answer.

17. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,308
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Joe Biden's low profile and high polls show that Trump is so toxic no campaign is needed to defeat him.
    Truly "anyone but Trump."

18. The Barbarian

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    It may indeed have gone that far. Trump is now his deadliest enemy.

19. Lord Vega

Lord Vega King NES

+44
    United States
    United Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sure, I'll answer you.

Here is a video showing BLM rioters throwing glass bottles at police cars and mounted policemen: Video: Protesters throw glass bottles and bikes at police on horseback | Daily Mail Online

But I guess it's really the work of white supremacist boogey men spreading disinformation, right? lol

20. The Barbarian

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    From your video:
    Protesters throw glass bottles and bikes at police on horseback in Whitehall - inadvertently hitting the animals and causing one to bolt. The animal fled

You do realize that "Whitehall" is in England, right? How did you identify them as BLM members? Or do you just assume if they are black, they must be BLM?

Could you clarify those things for us?

We will know one way or the other, when you show us your evidence. I don't necessarily think you're a white supremacist or even intentionally spreading disinformation. But do show us your evidence.

That's what I expect. But you deserve a chance. What have you got?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020