Where is Jesus in Your Storm?

[SHADOW=blue]And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? mark 4: 40[/SHADOW] [SHADOW=darkblue]And He said unto them, Why are ye do fearful? Mark 4:40[/SHADOW]

I would like to ask you Where is Jesus In Your Storm?

After teaching the multitudes in a ship by the sea of Galilee, Jesus instructs the disciples to go to the other side of the shore. Weary from His daylong delivering of sermons. Jesus falls asleep in the stern. Then a fierce storm aries. The disciples fear for their lives and see the imninent danger as water fills the ship.

The next action that the disciples take is one we should study closely, for it reveals our own reactons to difficulties. Frantically, they wake up Jesus and say,"Teacher, don't you care that we about to die?.

Jesus did do something about the storm on the Sea of Galilee by simply speaking to it" Peace, be still" and of a certainity He wants to protect us when we experience life's turbulence. Jesus require's that we have faith in Him, and even reprimands the disciples for their lack of trust.

As you face life's storm, remember that God is carrying the ship. He has total control  over the tempest that you and I face.

Where is Jesus in your storm?

For me He is right here with me saying Peace Be Still.

God Bless You

Cherylq :bow: :bow:

MyangelDems

TGBTG
Jan 15, 2003
cali
Visit site
✟303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(warning: this might not be amusing to some...)

I read this and thought......I'm fairly certain Jesus is the one throwing down lightning rods at me, waving his hands back and forth to make big waves come swallow me for a time, then going "you can do it! you can do it!"

what can i say?...it helps to find amusement when your ships about sunk.

Upvote 0

RadioGuy80

Lover of Jesus!
Mar 16, 2003
PNW
Visit site
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I constantly have a thought of Jesus simply looking at me with a forgiving and loving look in His eyes.  I know He must be quite unpleased with the way I have been living lately, and the more I think about it tonight, the more it pains me.

I can't stop telling Him how much I love Him.  I wish I could sit and talk with him in a human way.

...But I know I will talk to him one day in a way much better than that.

Praise and LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

reeann

Trust and Obey
Nov 11, 2002
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus He wants to protect us when we experience life's turbulence. Jesus require's that we have faith in Him, and even reprimands the disciples for their lack of trust.

Amen, Father, help those like me that struggle with trusting You. Let us remind satan that we belong to You. in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 02:06 AM cherylq said this in Post #1

[SHADOW=blue]And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? mark 4: 40[/SHADOW] [SHADOW=darkblue]And He said unto them, Why are ye do fearful? Mark 4:40[/SHADOW]

I would like to ask you Where is Jesus In Your Storm?

After teaching the multitudes in a ship by the sea of Galilee, Jesus instructs the disciples to go to the other side of the shore. Weary from His daylong delivering of sermons. Jesus falls asleep in the stern. Then a fierce storm aries. The disciples fear for their lives and see the imninent danger as water fills the ship.

The next action that the disciples take is one we should study closely, for it reveals our own reactons to difficulties. Frantically, they wake up Jesus and say,"Teacher, don't you care that we about to die?.

Jesus did do something about the storm on the Sea of Galilee by simply speaking to it" Peace, be still" and of a certainity He wants to protect us when we experience life's turbulence. Jesus require's that we have faith in Him, and even reprimands the disciples for their lack of trust.

As you face life's storm, remember that God is carrying the ship. He has total control  over the tempest that you and I face.

Where is Jesus in your storm?

For me He is right here with me saying Peace Be Still.

[color=]God Bless You[/color]

Cherylq :bow: :bow:

Last Wednesday at bibles school a lady walk up to me with a word of God and she ask me “Where is Jesus in your storm” before I could answer she said to me to remember that Jesus walked on the storm.

Is it not comfortable to know that all our storms are beneath Jesus feet?

Upvote 0

hugoguttman

Nov 13, 2002
Pueblo
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nice post.
One important thing to remember on this passage is TO HAVE FAITH. We can see how weary we could be when we are in a storm. But Jesus said. For those who believe, everything is possible. We can also take what Jesus once said: I give you the power to destroy snakes and scorpions IN MY NAME. Sometimes is hard... but we can take THE NAME OF JESUS, to pass through those storms in... peace.
Hugo.

Upvote 0

hugoguttman

Nov 13, 2002
Pueblo
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nice post.
One important thing to remember on this passage is TO HAVE FAITH. We can see how weary we could be when we are in a storm. But Jesus said. For those who believe, everything is possible. We can also take what Jesus once said: I give you the power to destroy snakes and scorpions IN MY NAME. Sometimes is hard... but we can take THE NAME OF JESUS, to pass through those storms in... peace.
Hugo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
17th March 2003 at 09:08 PM MyangelDems said this in Post #2

(warning: this might not be amusing to some...)

I read this and thought......I'm fairly certain Jesus is the one throwing down lightning rods at me, waving his hands back and forth to make big waves come swallow me for a time, then going "you can do it! you can do it!"

what can i say?...it helps to find amusement when your ships about sunk.

Trials and testing are never amusing (well, some are in hindsight).

I have a long story of trials that started in early 2001.

Of these trials, I can only say that sometimes the Valley of the Shadow of Death is no further than your own flesh and your own mind.

Sometimes we are tested by the Refiners Fire.

When these times come for you, stand firm.

Praise God and tell Him you love Him no matter what happens.

If your world collapses around you as mine did, hold yours hands up in praise to HIm and give Him your adoration.

I promise you that as He has done for me, He will lead you through.
And in the end, you end up with unshakable faith and love for Him.

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for this reply - I have seen so many Christians thinking that God does not love or care about them because of the bad things happening in their lives. This is a lie from Satan to keep Christians away from God and we need to keep in mind that God is always there for us and will help us if we call upon His name.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say that Jesus is either

1) Sleeping peacefully in my heart in the middle of storm trusting God to get me through

or

2) Out walking/skipping around on water somewhere :D

Either way, Jesus is peacefully trusting God knowing that God will not put us through anything more than we can handle. Can almost hear Him hum "La de da de dah" while the thunder rolls outside :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyangelDems

TGBTG
Jan 15, 2003
cali
Visit site
✟303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 10:23 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #12

Trials and testing are never amusing (well, some are in hindsight).

I have a long story of trials that started in early 2001.

Of these trials, I can only say that sometimes the Valley of the Shadow of Death is no further than your own flesh and your own mind.

Sometimes we are tested by the Refiners Fire.

When these times come for you, stand firm.

Praise God and tell Him you love Him no matter what happens.

If your world collapses around you as mine did, hold yours hands up in praise to HIm and give Him your adoration.

I promise you that as He has done for me, He will lead you through.
And in the end, you end up with unshakable faith and love for Him.

I've been going through trials and testing since i was 8. I already have an unshakable love for Him, now unshakable faith....well for other people yes, for myself....not quite.&nbsp; My world has collapsed around me at least&nbsp;15 times in just the past 3 months, truly I'm starting to get used to it:) So yes I find amusement in it, I prefer laughter to tears so I will definitely amuse myself any day rather than crying over things that I cannot change and are in God's hands. I love God, I've always loved God, and I love Him even when He's busy shooting lightning rods at me. Yes I'm aware I'm being refined....I've been refined about a dozen times in the last 2 years, because I am constantly under construction and God is constantly building and building me up. So yes....I find it amusing, and I thank God that I can find joy in even the little things at such times like the ones im in. God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 02:13 PM altya said this in Post #14

Every trial or tribulation you walk through,makes
you stronger and will be used to encourage others.

AMEN to this! Reminds me of one of my favorite verses!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Upvote 0
I've been going through trials and testing since i was 8. I already have an unshakable love for Him, now unshakable faith....well for other people yes, for myself....not quite. My world has collapsed around me at least 15 times in just the past 3 months, truly I'm starting to get used to it So yes I find amusement in it, I prefer laughter to tears so I will definitely amuse myself any day rather than crying over things that I cannot change and are in God's hands. I love God, I've always loved God, and I love Him even when He's busy shooting lightning rods at me. Yes I'm aware I'm being refined....I've been refined about a dozen times in the last 2 years, because I am constantly under construction and God is constantly building and building me up. So yes....I find it amusing, and I thank God that I can find joy in even the little things at such times like the ones im in. God bless you and keep you.

Proverbs 15:13 A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All things.

Upvote 0

reeann

Trust and Obey
Nov 11, 2002
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
20th March 2003 at 11:51 AM Doreen said this in Post #10

am having trouble right now with trusting Jesus while going through a storm of my own but every day I say 'I choose to trust in You Jesus' and hopefully it will sink in soon

Blessing to you Sister.&nbsp; Trust in Jesus, you will not be disspointed.&nbsp; I think someone said this to me earlier.&nbsp; Our feellings and obedience don't always go hand in hand.&nbsp; when we feel the most doubt or want to take care of things under our own strength is the time when we need to obediently trust what His word tells us; He promises us to bless us when we do.&nbsp; The alternative is to be tossed about wondering where we went wrong.&nbsp; The answer of course, is when we didn't trust. :bow:

Psalm 40
<SUP>4</SUP>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;How <SUP>(1)</SUP> blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;And <SUP>(2)</SUP> has not turned to the proud, nor to those who <SUP>(3)</SUP> lapse into falsehood.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0