Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 14, 2016
Illions
✟9,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I like many others believe that the world is flat, there is insurmountable evidence to believe so, but one question I have always asked the marble earth believers is "where would hell be?" I'd be more than happy to explain why the marble earth "theory" is incorrect and how the bible proves it.

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hell is in the center of the globe Earth.
I'm sorry that you have become burdened by the nonsense that is "flat Earth theory".
This is another thread hereabouts where that notion has been beaten to death (repeatedly).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Hell", if it exists, is not a location in our physical universe but rather a state of being. I fully agree that a flat earth cosmology is entirely biblical but all evidence including the laws of nature themselves indicate that is not the case.

Upvote 0

Dav Duce

Dec 14, 2016
Pulaski, Tennessee
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I strongly agree! While describing temtaption of Jesus by Satan, Mathew 4:8 says, "Once again the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory." Would this be possible on a round earth? Or are you saying the Bible is wrong?

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I strongly agree! While describing temtaption of Jesus by Satan, Mathew 4:8 says, "Once again the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory." Would this be possible on a round earth? Or are you saying the Bible is wrong?

OTOH, all the "kingdoms of the world" cannot now be seen from the top of any mountain. Was there a taller mountain in Jesus' day, or did the world roll up from a flat state then to a round state today? Shucks, the same Bible says the sky will be rolled up like a scroll when the Lord returns... Maybe the top of whatever mountain that was, held Satan's map collection - we just don't know, since the Bible was written with a broad brush. Details aplenty were left out, but what is there, I believe...well except Hell and ECT. That makes me wonder, what is worse in the eyes of most folks on CF - flat-earthers or no-hellers.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The earth is only 6,000 km deep and there is absolutely no way for hell to exist in that space. It would need to be much bigger.
All 7 billion inhabitants of this Earth could be fit (with houses and land) in Australia with room to spare.
You are also making the poor assumption that there is some kind of standardized "size" for a damned soul that needs to be accounted for.

• Informative
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere is it stated "how" Satan went about showing Him the kingdoms of the Earth.
Regardless, since nobody was there to witness this event, it is likely hearsay (second hand news) and not a literal account of the events that took place. The Bible is full of allegory and mythical imagery. Just as the "four corners of the world" or "four winds" are not to be taken literally.

• Agree
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ffraid

Dec 3, 2016
earth
✟21,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is full of allegory and mythical imagery. Just as the "four corners of the world" or "four winds" are not to be taken literally.

+1. A flat earth is still round, hence no corners.

Anyway, Scripture is poetry, not a science textbook.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think what we have here are a bunch of trolls with sock puppet accounts. Or maybe just one troll with several sock puppet accounts.

Laz, at least, is nobody's sock. I don't live under a bridge, so I'm not a troll, either.

Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
+1. A flat earth is still round, hence no corners.

Anyway, Scripture is poetry, not a science textbook.

Actually, the earth is a very fat tetrahedron, so fat that it appears to be a sphere. I once read where the corners are, but the article is misplaced.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the earth is a very fat tetrahedron

The actual shape is an oblate spheroid. A fancy way of saying that it is very slightly pear shaped.

Upvote 0