Where is everybody if Universe really so big?

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well done Dad, your ignorance of elementary physics is on display again, and you are using bombast to try and cover it up.

Try Newton's third law.
Talking in vague circles again eh?

Looking at one site talking about that, I see this..

"A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions"
Newton's Third Law

A very apt example, in our situation, where you engage in fishbowl physics!

The 'water' in deep space is not water. It is space of some sort, and may have some sort of time (or not) as well. The issue then is how a 'fish' would move in a space where no time as we know it here exited. As we see, that sure doesn't help you, on the contrary, it further and better exposes your position.

serveimage

Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Science has it's house built on fishbowl gravel!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Talking in vague circles again eh?

Looking at one site talking about that, I see this..

"A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions"
Newton's Third Law

A very apt example, in our situation, where you engage in fishbowl physics!

Newton's third law means that the application of a force doesn't necessarily result in motion, which directly contradicts your post 204. That is the point sunshine.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You were supposed to be supplying an equation of motion which doesn't involve time. We are still waiting with baited breath.

You gotta give him credit, though. He DID use an equal's sign. That's a step in the right direction, you know, cuz it looks all "mathy" and stuff.

Oh yeah and he did define an arbitrary letter as a variable! Granted not the most obvious one for mass (I'm used to people calling it "m", but hey, whatever floats his boat). So it's easily half-way to a full-on mathy math thing!

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some poeple should learn how to listen.

irony_meter.jpg

What the debate needs is people who have some capacity to focus and be honest and comprehend.

tmp.jpg

Perhaps you could wisely use that time to contemplate this higher math.

Q=?

The great thing about that equation is there is literally NOTHING to contemplate! Excellent! Saves time!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Newton's third law means that the application of a force doesn't necessarily result in motion, which directly contradicts your post 204. That is the point sunshine.

Doesn't matter starlight. The motion we observe and are talking about is in the heavens. Who cares what caused it? Motion, force, acceleration and etc all depend on distance. Welook at something we think is so far away that moves.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because the periodic table has nothing to do with things decaying.
:doh:

For the record, do you believe the Ten Plagues as recorded?

Why weren't they recorded elsewhere?

(Or were they?)

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest you contemplate the interior of an aerosol can? Plenty of force on the walls of the can, but no motion. Doubtless your genius will be able to work out why that doesn't mean that Newton got it wrong.

Not to disagree but there is motion inside the aerosol can. Pressure is due to the collective crashing into the walls of the can by the molecules inside the can (Kinetic theory of gases). Just sayin'.... :)

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:doh:

For the record, do you believe the Ten Plagues as recorded?

Why weren't they recorded elsewhere?

(Or were they?)

I gotta ask what the Periodic Table has to do with the 10 plagues of Egypt. Honestly, I'm extremely curious now.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not to disagree but there is motion inside the aerosol can. Pressure is due to the collective crashing into the walls of the can by the molecules inside the can (Kinetic theory of gases). Just sayin'.... :)
Is that Boyle's Law?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The great thing about that equation is there is literally NOTHING to contemplate!
That shows a lack of depth and grasp of what all the little letters represent and how they could or could not apply to deep space.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That shows a lack of depth and grasp of what all the little letters represent and how they could or could not apply to deep space.

No, no it doesn't. It shows your contention that we can know nothing in that realm.

It is an ex cathedra statement that you dressed up with a letter, an equals sign and a question mark.

Perhaps it felt like insight and depth to you.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I gotta ask what the Periodic Table has to do with the 10 plagues of Egypt. Honestly, I'm extremely curious now.
Going back to the periodic table is my way of saying it crumbled to dust.

In other words, the three hours of darkness could have been written down by every nation on earth, but over time their writings crumbled to dust.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Doesn't matter starlight. The motion we observe and are talking about is in the heavens. Who cares what caused it? Motion, force, acceleration and etc all depend on distance. Welook at something we think is so far away that moves.

Equation of motion which doesn't involve time please. Still waiting.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

In other words, the three hours of darkness could have been written down by every nation on earth, but over time their writings crumbled to dust.
You're not a fan of parsimony, are you?

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Then this still applies, no?

It is a metaphor, but a decent one. Whatever wasn't a spoil of war (books, knowledge, humans, etc.) was usually eradicated in order to prevent the conquered nation(s) from 1) knowing their history, 2) rebuilding an intellectual and social society post-fall, and 3) just so that no one else would get their hands on priceless pieces of history.

Things like books on religious figures, philosophy, science, mathematics, medicine, and even culture were kept in vaults of the State - away from the likes of the people (commoners/serfs.) Much of what people demand today to justify yesterday has already "decayed" - in one form or another. That is why I believe people are kidding themselves when they believe they do not have faith. You must have faith to believe you are presented with the full truth and history of your world's past - and that what you have been exposed to is right, true and profitable (i.e. not a red herring.)

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Equation of motion which doesn't involve time please. Still waiting.
Hey, until you find one, stop pretending that what you do find applies to deep space, where you do not have any proven time! As you point out equations of motion require time!

The point happens to be that time is part of your equations. No can do, unless you prove it exists there first.

serveimage

A question for you..does the force of motion require some knowledge of what is moving, and how far away, and what it is moving THROUGH!?

If so, for deep space, we must revert to the unknown..which I used the letter Q to represent. Therefore indeed, Q=?

Upvote 0