Not open for further replies.

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Many a great Christian has fallen into endtimes mythology concerning the book of Revelation by ignoring the very first words St. John utters about the vision:

Revelation 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place

If more believers would just take St. John at his word on this they'd be much better at interpreting the book. The fulfillment is not in OUR near future; rather, it was in St. John's lifetime.

Just some encouragement.

With you in the victory of Jesus Christ!
GW

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by davo
With all due respect rollin', I think you are 'missing the woods for the trees.' There is little value in sprouting your opinion (which is your right) without Scriptural backup for what you say. Besides which, I'm responding to Ron who hopefully will dig into the Scriptures, unlike yourself. It's not my job to convince him or anyone else for that matter; however this is a forum for sharing ideas etc, obviously I believe what I do (and you likewise) so there must be a means of explaining where we're at scripturally -does that make sense?

davo

To davo,
Just as I thought, you could be proven wrong, but you would never admit it. Now your judging me, and claiming I never read the scriptures. Should I break down and cry now?? You might not believe it, but I'm very much into the scriptures and also very in tune with the Holy Spirit. In fact, I just had my cup filled up again this morning in our Worship Service and it's another Glorious Day. Yes, I'm claiming also that the Spirit visited me today.

I am the one that started this thread, because most of us on the End Times Forum love to study and talk about Prophecy. It is very clear to me through your own words, that you don't believe that there are any prophecies left to be fulfilled, and that is fine. But most of us don't believe that, you my friend are part of the minority. Maybe you could start your own thread on what you believe, and that would also show you how many converts you have won to your side.

One thing that really turns me off about you preterists is that you tolerate lies about the brethren, it's either that or the preterists are the ones starting the lies. I read a thread yesterday, I forget which one it was, but some knuckle head was trying to claim that Hal Lindsey said that the rapture would be in 1981. This claim is either a direct lie, or the source was a liar. I have read Hal Lindseys books, and watched his tv shows, and to this very day, I have NEVER read or heard him say such things, and he is one who says that it is wrong. He has never said the Lord was coming for the church on any specific day, or month or year for that matter.

This is straight from the pit of hell. This is why we are not to listen to gossip, rumors and false teachings. Many people are being misled by such wolves, and that combined with the fact that they have no knowledge of the scriptures is very dangerous for some, so they end up deceived. I don't even remember who started that thread, but I didn't even care to respond to such nonsense, and just got off that thread.

I don't understand why you would even want to be on the End Times Forum if you don't believe that we are even in the end times, or in Prophecy. Sometimes these debates get too overheated, and most of us don't come here to argue, but we get in the middle of a fight, and usually because of some stupid little thing that doesn't even mater. I realize that you may not want to read this stuff, but some of us do, in fact I would say most of us do. I apologize if I have offended you in any way, and if you wish to start your own thread, I promise to keep my comments to myself. See ya

Upvote 0

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
Rolling thunder, it is obvious from your posts that you read & study & take scripture seriously.
I'm sorry that davo was so rude to you. Hang in there, you are entitled to your opinion which I see is based on scripture.
This thread was not started to debate preterism. In other threads we are not supposed to get off topic, so it seems appropriate to ignore preterist debate on end time prophecy threads. There are preterists websites, & I therefore see no reason to disrupt our threads on end time prophecy.
America could be "the merchants of Tarshish", or nonexistant.

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
America is in prophecy Daniel 7 Lion with eagles wings made to stand as a man and a man's heart given to it
The lion is england eagles wings is the USA stands like a man Uncle Sam The only nation to have a man as one of it's symbols along with the eagle, The heart of a man is the fact the when the USA goes to war with someone after we defeat them we put millions of Dollars back into it instead of plundering them utterly.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

To davo,
Just as I thought, you could be proven wrong, but you would never admit it. Now your judging me, and claiming I never read the scriptures. Should I break down and cry now?? You might not believe it, but I'm very much into the scriptures and also very in tune with the Holy Spirit. In fact, I just had my cup filled up again this morning in our Worship Service and it's another Glorious Day. Yes, I'm claiming also that the Spirit visited me today.

I am the one that started this thread, because most of us on the End Times Forum love to study and talk about Prophecy. It is very clear to me through your own words, that you don't believe that there are any prophecies left to be fulfilled, and that is fine. But most of us don't believe that, you my friend are part of the minority. Maybe you could start your own thread on what you believe, and that would also show you how many converts you have won to your side.

One thing that really turns me off about you preterists is that you tolerate lies about the brethren, it's either that or the preterists are the ones starting the lies. I read a thread yesterday, I forget which one it was, but some knuckle head was trying to claim that Hal Lindsey said that the rapture would be in 1981. This claim is either a direct lie, or the source was a liar. I have read Hal Lindseys books, and watched his tv shows, and to this very day, I have NEVER read or heard him say such things, and he is one who says that it is wrong. He has never said the Lord was coming for the church on any specific day, or month or year for that matter.

This is straight from the pit of hell. This is why we are not to listen to gossip, rumors and false teachings. Many people are being misled by such wolves, and that combined with the fact that they have no knowledge of the scriptures is very dangerous for some, so they end up deceived. I don't even remember who started that thread, but I didn't even care to respond to such nonsense, and just got off that thread.

I don't understand why you would even want to be on the End Times Forum if you don't believe that we are even in the end times, or in Prophecy. Sometimes these debates get too overheated, and most of us don't come here to argue, but we get in the middle of a fight, and usually because of some stupid little thing that doesn't even mater. I realize that you may not want to read this stuff, but some of us do, in fact I would say most of us do. I apologize if I have offended you in any way, and if you wish to start your own thread, I promise to keep my comments to myself. See ya

G'day rollin' -it is indeed a glorious day! And it is good to have the Holy Spirit's presence in our lives.

You mentioned myself as being in the minority -in comparison to popular western evangelical Christianity this could be true, but "might is not always right" eg: take the current problems in Israel. Israel has all the fire-power, numbers and size, but does that automatically mean they are always right in their incursions into their neighbours territory etc -I don't think so.

As for holding to ALL prophecy as being fulfilled within the generation to which it was spoken, does not somehow disqualify one from explaining (or at least attempting to) how from the Scriptures this is so -unless I missed some rule somewhere that forbids this, not sure. Basically we're talking about the "timing" and therefore "nature" of these things.

You mentioned "lies about the brethren." I have no idea about Hal Lindsey's predictions, and have said as much. However you just did to all Preterists in your statment what you say you detest. Now I do not know, but what would your response be if what was supposedly said about Lindsey was proven true -would you ignore it or somehow explain it away (just a thought).

Rollin' I don't mind if we disagree -isn't that what discusion forums are about, learning to work through issues etc :confused:

Some times I can be a bit "in your face" -so sorry about that. :wave:

Blessings mate!

davo

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

This is straight from the pit of hell.

Dear Brother Rollin:

What would you do if someone produced proof that Hal Lindsey openly taught and proclaimed that the rapture was to be in 1981?

Just curious... cause, well...well, just, what would you do?

And what would that say about all your "spirit-led" ranting here at this board against all lies and "false brothers" if it could be shown that Hal Lindsey indeed taught a 1981 rapture?

Very much look forward to your answer!

With you in the Holy Spirit,
GW

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by RKF
I have got a question for you all. What makes one a christian?

Well, it isn't dependant on ones view of eschatology thats for sure. Adhering to the "correct" eschaton is in no way, no how, criteria for salvation. Whether one is pre, mid, post, au, pret or pan, etc., makes no difference when it comes to being saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>What makes one a christian?

According to Jesus, you have to DO what He commands us to do, most of all, we are to LOVE our brothers and sisters in the Lord. If we do this, then our main objective will be to help people to draw closer to God and take a step closer to Heaven. We will have the mind of Christ, the attitude of Jesus & the divine thoughts of God. Because we will at least be filled if not FULL of the Holy Spirit.

If you do a study of Acts, the common christians that you do not read much about were filled with the Holy Spirit, but the really on fire Christians like Stephen, Paul, Peter and so on, they were FULL of the Holy Spirit. They always did, to the best of their ability, the will of the Father. Just like Jesus said, I did not come to do my own will, but He came to do the will of the Father. He set an example for us to follow, and we are to be like Him. If He went about preaching, teaching, healing and doing good, then so should we and He said we will do even greater works than Him. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by GW

Dear Brother Rollin:

What would you do if someone produced proof that Hal Lindsey openly taught and proclaimed that the rapture was to be in 1981?

Just curious... cause, well...well, just, what would you do?

And what would that say about all your "spirit-led" ranting here at this board against all lies and "false brothers" if it could be shown that Hal Lindsey indeed taught a 1981 rapture?

Very much look forward to your answer!

With you in the Holy Spirit,
GW

Hello GW,
I will take a look at any evidence you can produce. I am not Hal's personal defender, but I do know his teachings well enough to know that that is not his style. I've seen very often how my words get twisted on this forum, and how the words of the bible get twisted. The only proper way to settle this dispute, is to have the accuser present his evidence face to face before the accused. I own the book in question (THE LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH), and have read it at least three times. Even though it was written in 1975, it is still my personal favorite. And Hal's tv show "International Intelligence Briefing" is still my favorite show. Also, the one that wrote that about Hal Lindsey also tried to connect our beliefs with the Watch Towers teachings, which is from the Jehovahs Witnesses Cult. In fact, most of the quotes were from the Watch Tower. Whoever wrote that doesn't even have a clue. When I see lies such as these, I'll gladly take a stand for truth. So go get your proof, but don't show what he said or she said, or what you thought he meant, that just won't cut it. Show proof that will stand in a Court of Law, otherwise, you don't even need to bother us with it. You can keep all the rumors, hearsay, gossip and slandering to yourself, because I am not and never will be interested in such nonsense. That said, I am now ready to take a look at what you have to offer as proof. See ya

Upvote 0

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by RKF
So betraying Jesus was Christ-like? And it got him in heaven?

Being Christ-like does not get you into heaven.
Judas did as he was supposed to do.

If Judas did truly repent of his sins and accept the free gift of salvation, then yes, he is in heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.