United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by davo

Hey rollin', the only way to trip over something is to not see it -either through ignorance or blind stupidity. And Christ's 2nd Coming is ALL about "covenants" -the ending of the Old and the completion of the New. And the fact that you can't grasp this hinders you from seeing the truth of "fulfilled prophecy" and consequently tripping over it yourself -however I understand your predicament as I too was once a futurist -though not as you are, yet futurist none the less.

I'm wondering what and where I said something that tells you that I think your so called "Church Age" is over. If by church age you mean the age of the Gospel -then I have good news for you, it will NEVER end. The Gospel is the New Covenant and it is ETERNAL, only in "futurism" in its many variations does the Gospel have 'a limited tenure' 'a use-by date' 'a short shelf life.' Fulfilled Prophecy however has an "eternal Gospel" to proclaim -world without end (Eph 3:21).

Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people.

davo

Hello davo,
I never said or implied that the world would ever end. But I do believe it will be renewed, or remodelled if you will. This current world is passing away, and needs to be re-charged. There will be NO short shelf life, that's only in YOUR mind. This sinful world is approaching it's end, and Jesus is about to come and take the reigns for a thousand years, and THEN will the new heavens and earth come, after the 1000 yr reign. You gotta have faith.

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
Rev. 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Ro 3:4
God forbid *: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by RKF
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
God forbid *: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Hello RKF,
parousia, ManifestationA.D.70, GW and davo believe that we are already living in the new earth, and that all prophecy has been fulfilled already in 70 A.D.

But there goes that theory, as we can see, the land is only 1/3 of the earth, and 2/3 sea's.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by RKF

G'day RFK -this is a little off topic from the thread, but pertinent to the scriptures you raised.

The idea of "no more sea" primarily carries the thought of "no more separation." There a few instances -in Rev 1:9 John experiences exile (separation -surrounded by sea) on Patmos, yet in the "new creation" (Rev 21) there is no such separation -the sea is gone. That is, if you can see the new heavens and new earth being the "new creation" i.e., the "new birth" -"if anyone 'be in Christ' they are a NEW CREATION" 2Cor 5:17. Also, "the sea" scripturally speaking can be seen as a reference to the "Gentile nations" -those separated from God. The proclamation against gentile Syria in Isaiah is a case in point:

Isa 17:12 (NKJV) Woe to the multitude of many people, Who make a noise like the roar of the seas, And to the rushing of nations that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

or

Isa 57:20 (NKJV) But the wicked are like the troubled sea, When it cannot rest, Whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

So, Isaiah describes the wicked/gentiles as "the sea/waters." Returning now to Revelation 17 we find this:

Rev 17:15 (NKJV) Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

Rev 13:1 can also be seen in this light.

Those outside of covenant with God are like the wild roaring seas –tossed to-and-fro. The passage of Eph 2:11-17 (read it) speaks of this whole "separation" that is done away with through the power of the Cross, which is the gospel of Christ.

John is describing in Rev 21 the new life of the new covenant. The Greek word “new” here is “kainos” which means ‘new in quality’ not physicality.

RFK, being a student of the Word as you must be, it may help to try and view the Revelation through the eyes of the Gospel, instead of current world circumstances.

Blessings.

davo

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
GW, Boy are you going to be surprized in a couple of years!! When exactly did the heavens and earth burn up with a ferverent heat? Never mind don't bother answering that, because you apparently have no grasp on the scriptures. There is one flaw in your plan Revelations was written after most if not all the apostles were dead.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

G'day RFK -this is a little off topic from the thread, but pertinent to the scriptures you raised.

The idea of "no more sea" primarily carries the thought of "no more separation." There a few instances -in Rev 1:9 John experiences exile (separation -surrounded by sea) on Patmos, yet in the "new creation" (Rev 21) there is no such separation -the sea is gone. That is, if you can see the new heavens and new earth being the "new creation" i.e., the "new birth" -"if anyone 'be in Christ' they are a NEW CREATION" 2Cor 5:17. Also, "the sea" scripturally speaking can be seen as a reference to the "Gentile nations" -those separated from God. Read Rev.1:1-2, the truth is in the first two verses of this book.

davo

This is a perfect example of learning the scriptures without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. John is not trying to describe his separation, and he is not giving a testimony about himself. This has nothing to do with John. It is about the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ, and it was sent by an angel to John, one of Christ's servants.

Upvote 0
And to add to RT's post, if the sea is symbolic then we must rely upon the scripture to interpret the symbolism: sea = peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

So, if sea is symbolic and prophecy is fulfilled then there are no peoples, multitudes, nations, or tongues. If prophecy is fulfilled and sea is not symbolic then how do we explain all the water? either way, davo, you just shot yourself in the foot.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
With all due respect rollin', I think you are 'missing the woods for the trees.' There is little value in sprouting your opinion (which is your right) without Scriptural backup for what you say. Besides which, I'm responding to Ron who hopefully will dig into the Scriptures, unlike yourself. It's not my job to convince him or anyone else for that matter; however this is a forum for sharing ideas etc, obviously I believe what I do (and you likewise) so there must be a means of explaining where we're at scripturally -does that make sense?

davo

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by Willis Deal
And to add to RT's post, if the sea is symbolic then we must rely upon the scripture to interpret the symbolism: sea = peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

So, if sea is symbolic and prophecy is fulfilled then there are no peoples, multitudes, nations, or tongues. If prophecy is fulfilled and sea is not symbolic then how do we explain all the water? either way, davo, you just shot yourself in the foot.

Not really Willis, the separation is to do with the "Gentiles" and a gentile was anyone not in covenant relationship with Yahweh -hense separated from Him. In the New Creation (of which Ron was relating re Rev 21) there is now NO SEPARATION in Christ, so covenantally speaking "no more Gentiles" i.e., separated ones.

Again, this "creation" language is best understood through the Gospel i.e., the rebirth -"if any man be in Christ he is a new creation". Always go with what Scripture does say, instead of what it doesn't say.

Eph 2:11-22 (NKJV) 11Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh--who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands-- 12that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 19Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Eph 3:5-6 (NKJV) 5which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

davo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
Yes Ron, you could describe me as a Preterist, Transmillennialist, Pantelist or just someone who believes in "Fulfilled Prophecy" -aren't labels a pain :wave:

davo

How can you beleive that the prophecies are fulfilled when the world that we live in is changing toward what the Bible describes?

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by RKF
End the occupation thing......That's so far from the truth.
These two would fight over anything they hate each other!!

That's true Ron, but it's the one thing Israel hasn't tried.
It all comes down to sibling rivalry, they're brothers you know -both have Abraham as their father.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by RKF

How can you beleive that the prophecies are fulfilled when the world that we live in is changing toward what the Bible describes?

G'day Ron.

The Bible (NT) actually describes the world of 1st century Judaism/Christianity. Of course we learn from and apply the principles and truths of that which was written specifically to them then (just as we learn lessons from the OT as well), as "truths" are timeless -however prophecy is complete and we live in the benefits of that today.

1 Corinthians 10:11 (NKJV) 11Now all these things happened to them (OT saints) as examples, and they were written for our admonition (NT saints), upon whom the ends of the ages have come. (emphasis mine) -notice Paul writes in the "present" tense, not "will come" but "have come."

As Rev 14:13 says:
"Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."

When Jesus returned things changed.

davo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by RKF

That's not true, we are in the Bible,
Lion with eagle wings, that's the USA
It goes on to say that the wings were plucked off and it was made to stand as a man and that a man's heart was given to it. Where did we come from England who symbol is the lion.

Wow. That's some fine allegorical work. Amazing spiritualizing going on.

America is quite simply not anywhere in scripture. All attempts to force it in there are allegorical, de-contextual, and anachronistic. The prophets would be shocked to see how their writings are being abused by various generations of the past few hundred years. LOL.

God bless.

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by RKF
GW, Boy are you going to be surprized in a couple of years!! When exactly did the heavens and earth burn up with a ferverent heat? Never mind don't bother answering that, because you apparently have no grasp on the scriptures. There is one flaw in your plan Revelations was written after most if not all the apostles were dead.

It is you that will be very surprised when a couple years brings about nothing. In fact, you will live out your entire lifetime and go to your predestined grave and nothing even remotely related to the endtimes will take place. That's because the APOSTLES lived in the last days generation and they taught this as absolute truth (Heb 1:1-2; 1 Cor 10:11; 1 Peter 1:20; Acts 2:15-17; Heb 9:26; James 5:3).

Next, Jesus said that even the very least of the commands of the Law of Moses were to be kept and obeyed until Heaven and Earth passed away (Matt 5:17-19). Well, in AD 70 not any of even the very greatest of the commands given in the Law of Moses were capable of being obeyed -- therefore we KNOW Heaven and Earth has passed away. As Charles Spurgeon also wrote:

C.H. Spurgeon
"Did you ever regret the absence of the burnt-offering, or the red heifer, of any one of the sacrifices and rites of the Jews? Did you ever pine for the feast of tabernacle, or the dedication? No, because, though these were like the old heavens and earth to the Jewish believers, they have passed away, and we now live under the new heavens and a new earth, so far as the dispensation of divine teaching is concerned. The substance is come, and the shadow has gone: and we do not remember it." (Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, vol. xxxvii, p. 354).

Finally, the evidence is OVERWHELMING that Revelation was written during Caesar Nero's reign which ended in AD 68. Kenneth Gentry's "Before Jerusalem Fell" is the definitive book that addresses the dating of the book and has proven that the early-date view is the correct one.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by RKF
So this coming one world government is what, fiction?
Jesus coming back, again Fiction? or happened already?
Armageddion, I suppose this has happened too?

Ron, here's something to consider about espousing wonderous schemes and theories etc:

Isaiah 8:12 (NIV) "Do not call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it." -advise that some here could do well to follow.

If you're wandering what the Bible actual says about the "New Age" the "One World Government" the "New World Order" then check out this:

Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(7)Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Jesus Rules!! :clap:

davo

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by RKF
So this coming one world government is what, fiction?
Jesus coming back, again Fiction? or happened already?
Armageddion, I suppose this has happened too?

I have read many of your beliefs RKF, and, yes, they are fiction -- just like the Left Behind series.

I strongly recommend that people read a book that is NOT fiction, but is a biblical analysis of the Left Behind Theology. The following book shows the Left Behind Theology to be a whole system of myths spun together in tabloid fashion based on newspaper headlines and forcing those headlines into scripture.

Endtimes Fiction: A Biblical Consideration of the Left Behind Theology
by Gary DeMar [Thomas Nelson Publishers]
CLICK HERE

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.