Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, because of the bible telling of Satan and his angels being thrown in the lake of fire proving the victory of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Does not remove the fact, that darkness, and evil still exist with-in us humans. Jesus Christ is the only one to be able to cast a light on the darkness and the evil of the heart. Jesus Christ is the light of all man kind.

As human beings we have a choice to do wrong. Eve was beguiled by Satan in the Garden, but she made a choice when she was enticed, and tempted by her own lust.

James 1:14 : But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

Darkness still exist today.

- This is total conjecture on my part -> While believers are part of the kingdom of God.

And while Satan according to the bible has been cast into the lake of fire with his angels.

And while Satan is most certainly gone, people who are motivated by the power of darkness, who exist after this life and have their lives outside the kingdom of God above, are somehow free to wander, free to encourage others to death, and free to do dark deeds.

Personally haven't done an in-depth study of Revelation.

Though personally believe that the events in it are done.

Maybe one day can articulate it properly for it is one of the most profound and controversial books on the market we have today.

There are 4 different view points on it. Idealist, Historical, Pertrist View, and mmm Forgot the other one, Futurist view

Believe personally all of it done and Satan has been cast into the lake of fire, though people can have their own ideas, when it comes down to it.

Hopefully one will be able to understand it though believe it is already done.

People today when they accept Jesus Christ into their life have entered into the Kingdom of God - the kingdom of the Son ( Colossians 1:13 - 14)

And the person is delivered out from Darkness by God, it doesn't say released from Satan or delivered out of Satan kingdom.

So it is all up for interpretation. (When it comes to revelation)

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
, because of the bible telling of Satan and his angels being thrown in the lake of fire proving the victory of the Lord Jesus Christ.

That has not yet happened. Satan is bound but not yet finally punished.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, because of the bible telling of Satan and his angels being thrown in the lake of fire proving the victory of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Does not remove the fact, that darkness, and evil still exist with-in us humans. Jesus Christ is the only one to be able to cast a light on the darkness and the evil of the heart. Jesus Christ is the light of all man kind.

As human beings we have a choice to do wrong. Eve was beguiled by Satan in the Garden, but she made a choice when she was enticed, and tempted by her own lust.

James 1:14 : But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

- This is total conjecture on my part -> While believers are part of the kingdom of God.

And while Satan according to the bible has been cast into the lake of fire with his angels.

And while Satan is most certainly gone, people who are motivated by the power of darkness, who exist after this life and have their lives outside the kingdom of God above, are somehow free to wander, free to encourage others to death, and free to do dark deeds.

Satan has not been cast onto the lake of fire yet.

That happens after Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

John 3:
Now this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world and men loved
the darkness instead of the light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the light and does not come to the light, so that
their deeds will not be exposed.
21 But whoever practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be made known
that his deeds have been accomplished in God.

• Informative
Reactions: AubreyM
Upvote 0

AubreyM

Mar 22, 2021
Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That has not yet happened. Satan is bound but not yet finally punished.

Satan has not been cast onto the lake of fire yet.

That happens after Jesus returns.

Tolworth John and MMXX: Okay thank you for your view points.

Where is all this evil coming from?

And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all those having been slain on the earth.

Honeybadger: Very cryptic and interesting, not sure what to take from it.

John 3:
Now this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world and men loved
the darkness instead of the light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the light and does not come to the light, so that
their deeds will not be exposed.
21 But whoever practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be made known
that his deeds have been accomplished in God.

Monardo: This is a helpful scripture, thank you for sharing it.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
she made a choice when she was enticed, and tempted by her own lust.

Eve did not have lust, that came after the fall.

Her temptation came through the deception of the serpent, she was tricked into disobeying God.

Upvote 0

AubreyM

Mar 22, 2021
Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Carl,

Thank you for your correction about the 'lust'

So even after being beguiled by Satan - Was eve drawn away by her own her desire or is this scripture incorrect?

Revelation 20: 10 These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

I personally believe this has done happened, Carl.

It is however subjective and you do not have to believe my point of view.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The lake of fire is symbolic, it represents the judgement. I am not sure if satan is a real being or a personification of our temptations and wrong inclinations.

But as the darkness is always-present in any physical creation, so is its judgement and the victory of light.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And to your question, where is evil from - from the nature of physical creation. Physical creation is limited, damagable and changing. These properties lead to evil (harm, death, mistakes, animal inclinations, fear...). Lets call it a physical evil.

Then there is a moral evil, which has its source in imperfection of everything that is not God.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Carl,

Thank you for your correction about the 'lust'

So even after being beguiled by Satan - Was eve drawn away by her own her desire or is this scripture incorrect?

Revelation 20: 10 These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

I personally believe this has done happened, Carl.

It is however subjective and you do not have to believe my point of view.

James 1:15 is addressed to all believers long after the fall.

Who was the beast and the false prophet if these events have passed.

Revelation is prophetic and speaks of events to come.

Upvote 0

AubreyM

Mar 22, 2021
Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
James 1:15 is addressed to all believers long after the fall.

Who was the beast and the false prophet if these events have passed.

Revelation is prophetic and speaks of events to come.

Hello Carl,

Curious to know what you are suggesting.

Is it that Adam and Eve were not humans, and could not be tempted by their own desires?

Was it Satan who caused the fall?

Or was it Adam and Eve's choice not to listen to God that caused the fall?

Because according to James 1:14 indicates man is tempted by their own desires, and dragged away when they are enticed.

~

Thank you for sharing your view point on revelation.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eve did not have lust, that came after the fall.

Her temptation came through the deception of the serpent, she was tricked into disobeying God.

She had lust of a sort when she saw that the fruit looked good to eat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The lake of fire is symbolic, it represents the judgement. I am not sure if satan is a real being or a personification of our temptations and wrong inclinations.

But as the darkness is always-present in any physical creation, so is its judgement and the victory of light.

I'd he's real considering the conversations between him and God in the book of Job.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd he's real considering the conversations between him and God in the book of Job.
Yes, there are some places in the bible, where the personification is developed into detail. For me, both is possible.

Similarly, I do not think that there is some dragon called Leviathan on the bottom of the sea, who tries to swallow the sun and that God killed him with literal sword, but I think its just an example of zoomorphism.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there are some places in the bible, where the personification is developed into detail. For me, both is possible.

Similarly, I do not think that there is some dragon called Leviathan on the bottom of the sea, who tries to swallow the sun, but I think its just an example of zoomorphism.

I agree. Satan is symbolized as a dragon and also as a lion seeking whom he may devour 1 Peter 5:8

• Agree
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello MMXX, what does this mean?

In the book of Job Satan and God talk to each other. Satan actually presents himself before God on heaven. God points out Job to him saying what righteous man he is. Satan tells God that Job is only loyal because God blessed him with wealth and a large family. He tells God that if Job lost everything he would curse God.

"6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord." Job 1:6-11

Upvote 0