Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are more shrines and grottos in this 500 acre location than probably anywhere else on earth. All of the shrines are referred to by the same name even when venerating another personage. I've never been to this location and don't have any plans to visit. Being that Heber choose to highlight the ruins of the Temple of Pan i decided to go with this location.

Hope someone will soon correctly guess the location of this "Show-Me" state that gave us our 33rd President that said, ""The buck stops here". Here is a
nother photo by the same name (opposite of white) located in a city with a very large ARCH​

black_madonna003.jpg

Sooo, it is not the Black Madonna Shrine and Grotto in Missouri?

• Haha
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a series of twelve caves around the site known as Wadi Qumran near the Dead Sea in the West Bank (of the Jordan River) between 1946 and 1956 by Bedouin shepherds and a team of archeologists.

The practice of storing worn-out sacred manuscripts in earthenware vessels buried in the earth or within caves is related to the ancient Jewish custom of Genizah.
Very good. That is the FIRST cave. The Bedouin shepherd boys were looking for a lost goat when they wandered into that cave and found the jars containing the manuscripts.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sooo, it is not the Black Madonna Shrine and Grotto in Missouri?
Occurring to their site all the shrines are referred to as the Black Madonna Shrine even if to another venerated personage. Don't know why Dave-W should consider it "funny" when no one awarded a "funny" to the photo of the temple of Pan with its pagan seashell fertility motif like that of other pagan seashell temple motifs in Jerash, Jordan.

My post and question wasn't meant to be funny or disrespectful of another venerated religion. The only reason i posted the photo(s) was to show how modern Christian religion also has its venerated shrines around the world that goes against the Second Commandment ...

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the ..."

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Occurring to their site all the shrines are referred to as the Black Madonna Shrine even if to another venerated personage. Don't know why Dave-W should consider it "funny" when no one awarded a "funny" to the photo of the temple of Pan with its pagan seashell fertility motif like that of other pagan seashell temple motifs in Jerash, Jordan.

My post and question wasn't meant to be funny or disrespectful of another venerated religion. The only reason i posted the photo(s) was to show how modern Christian religion also has its venerated shrines around the world that goes against the Second Commandment ...

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the ..."

I think the "funny" rating was because my initial guess was missed, and a couple other pictures came after before we had a confirmation that it was correct. I do not believe there was any malice intended by Dave.

• Friendly
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the "funny" rating was because my initial guess was missed, and a couple other pictures came after before we had a confirmation that it was correct. I do not believe there was any malice intended by Dave.
By the way believe you jumped the gun. I answered Dave-Ws photo of the Qumran Caves (#82), so why are you posting the next photo? Any way i doubt your's is the interior of the Milan Cathedral ...

activity-2015-12-15-21-9b7a6c92e4fadc430914a52594d6af62.jpg

Is it by any chance one of many Cathedrals of "Our Lady"

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way believe you jumped the gun. I answered Dave-Ws photo of the Qumran Caves (#82), so why are you posting the next photo? Any way i doubt your's is the interior of the Milan Cathedral ...

Is it by any chance one of many Cathedrals of "Our Lady"

To be fair, I guessed yours and did not post a new pic before Dave was able to get one up (Gaitherburg train station), which I guessed correctly as well and then Dave put another up (the Qumran Caves). So my turn was actually skipped as I was waiting on confirmation on the Black Madonna.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"To be fair, I guessed yours and did not post a new pic before Dave was able to get one up (Gaitherburg train station), which I guessed correctly as well and then Dave put another up (the Qumran Caves). So my turn was actually skipped as I was waiting on confirmation on the Black Madonna."

I must have blacked out

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OLV21b01-680x1024.jpg

The Blessed Sacrament Chapel, alias the Venerable Chapel
Antwerp, Belgium

In 1352, construction was begun on a new Our Lady’s church
which would become the largest Gothic church in Belgium.

You got it! :)

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Jewish%20burial%20grounds%20Oakland%20Cemetery-L.jpg

The closely spaced Jewish graves of this most famous cemetery is a hidden treasure and secret sanctuary that beckons you. It is also a showplace of sculpture and architecture, and a botanical preserve with ancient oaks and magnolias. Here in this peaceful place the full scope of the city’s rich and fascinating history unfolds before you.

Capture the landscapes, architecture, and gardens during a two-hour photography workshop November 1, 5:30 to 7:30 PM. With the changing fall foliage as your backdrop, you'll improve your camera skills with hands-on instruction. What is it's name and Where in the world is it located ?

Upvote 0