where in the bible does it tell us about our guardian angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
and actually i beleive we have many more than 1 angle.
in johns visions we read of him seeing angles without number. there are tons of them. 10,000 times 10,000 times thousands on thousands. or in other words
A BUNCH!
jesus said he could call 12 leagues of angles. ((1 for each disciple and himself, since judas was gone already. thats (i think) 6000 for each one of them.))

and i dont beleive we have angles who are just for us, we read of micheal standing for all gods peoples children.
angles come and go as needed, i dont think they have their own lil person to follow around.
but i dont really know, i could be wrong.

and i think angles come when prayed for, not neccesarily when they seed we need help, as the "guardian angle" story is told.

cus if we read what the angle told daneil
"as soon as you started praying i was sent."
it was the prayer, not the need.

though our past prayers can carry into the future and give protection when we dont have the time to pray, or knowlegde of the need.

Upvote 0

SOS

Nov 24, 2001
Visit site
✟504.00
In Hebrew tradition, there were 12 archangels for 12 legions of angels.

Lucifer was the archangel for the Father. He was the worship leader. Michael is the archangel for the Holy Spirit, and Gabriel the archangel for Jesus.

Personally, I don't think we have guardian angels for individuals. I believe angels just come to assist us when we pray to God for help.

Upvote 0
Hey guys thanks for repling to my question. and I don't mean to be a jerk, but I didn't like your answer's very much so I started looking thru my electronic bible's concordance again which didn't help either. so I thought I'd look it up at yahoo.com
sure enough, I found a place that had the verse I was looking for. Ps. 91:11-12 it may not infer that we have our own guardian. but I think we do, maybe more than one. there have been numerous times in my 38 yrs when If there hadn't been some supernatural help with me. the consequence's both trivial and life threatening would have been horrible. but the out come was always nothing, like the problem just vanished. even as a kid I remember thinking that GOD must have had something to do with it!! anyway thanks for trying to help. your brother in Christ, Dave

Upvote 0
great, no problem man. im not god, i dont expect anyone to take my thoughts as his words, its all cool.

im not saying god wont protect us or that not having a guardian angle means angles dont fight for us, i know they do, but it doesnt mean that that was our personal angle.
though it doesnt really matter. whether that angle was your personal angle or not doesnt really make a diffrence. so i dont think either of us are damaged by our beleifes, even though one of us could be wrong.

good luck in your study bro, please post your findings here and lift the rest of us up!

Upvote 0
Speaking of Angels.
Heb 1:14
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
(KJV)

Angels are God soldiers he uses them to enact judgment sometimes.
Acts 12:23
23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
(KJV)

1 Chr 21:15-16
15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.
16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.
(KJV)

But they gaurd us from satan also and other have proven that. I thought I'd just throw some of this at you, it was meant to assure you not bum you out.......hope it makes you smile.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My understanding is that Archangel Michael is currently the protector or Israel. This is his primary duty.

I haven't come across any verses that say we have guardian angels, but here is a verse that will help in giving us a glimpse of angels in our lives.

<font color="ff6347">The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.</font>
(Ps. 34:7)

Upvote 0
MizDoulos
Psalms 34:7 is the ultimate Angel protection scripture in my humble opinion. Let me quote it again: "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them."

Also the 91st Psalms in the 11th and 12th verses NIV: "For He will command His Angels concerning you to Gaurd you in All your ways, they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone" - Hallelujah and Glory to His Holy name forever more!

Upvote 0
I think what this person needs is a simple answer.

The Holy Spirit is in you and it is to help you.
Angels are to serve us Humans, but beware and do no pray to an Angel nor ask an Angel what is wrong from right.

Do you know that Lucifer and the rest of the Fallen Angels can transform themselves into Angels ?

Be careful what Angels you trust, on the other hand the Holy Spirit is Holy and inside each Christian so do not fear Death nor worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has it's own problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Beloved~
I don't know that we have "personal" guardian angels, but the Lord has given His angels to protect us...
As you said, Psalm 91:11-12 says He will give His angels charge over us, to keep us and bear us up.
Of course, this is also stated in Matthew 4:6 when Satan is trying to tempt Jesus into throwing himself off a rock to prove that He is the Son of God.

"For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone." ~Psalm 91:11-12

We do have angels! God will protect us!

~N~

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MarkS, I also like the verses you quoted in Psalm 91. In fact, I have them underlined in my Bible. Here are two other verses that go along with the others:

<font color="ff4500"><b>But to which of the angels has He ever said:

"Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies
Your footstool"?

Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?</font></b>
(Heb. 1:13, 14)

God's angels are very special!

Upvote 0
I see the movie Blessed Child as a good example of being protected.

And have you people noticed how we are gettting these movies that have to do with the "Last Time" ?

I'll name some to just get your mind started...beware I will spelled some names wrong.

Blessed Child

End of Days

Lost souls

Stigmata

Matrix has to do with trying to confuse the mind, but the message is like there is more to life.

And there are some others I can't think of right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the "guardian angel" you are thinking of, but, John 14 may be of some help to you; in this chapter Jesus tells us he will not leave us comfortless; and talks of a comforter that will abide with us forever. And the comforter is described as being the Holy Ghost, who is sent to teach us, and help us in our time of need. Remember what Jesus told the disciples, when he spoke of the last days; Mark 13:11. But when they shall lead you and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what you shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
I Hope this helps, Soup

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.