Where in the Bible does it say these are sins?? Confused...

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I never felt led by the Lord to be a mother and if I marry when am recovered enough from my issues I was pondering sterilisation. I am not keen on idea of taking a birth control pills that may be abortificent, stopping embryos from implanting.

I cAnnot understAnd why adoption would be considered wrong biblicLy? Wasn't Esther technicAlly brought up by her uncle? Moses was adopted.

I think sin generally means that person rejects God or lives without God. This means, what ever makes you reject God, becomes also sin for you.

I don’t think adopting is wrong, or sin, unless you reject God because of it.

Sterilization, is there really any good reason to ruin your body? I don’t think so, that is why I would not recommend it. And if you don’t want kids, why marry?

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think sin generally means that person rejects God or lives without God. This means, what ever makes you reject God, becomes also sin for you.

I don’t think adopting is wrong, or sin, unless you reject God because of it.

Sterilization, is there really any good reason to ruin your body? I don’t think so, that is why I would not recommend it. And if you don’t want kids, why marry?

I don't really want to marry

I am capable of finding men attractive but I don't really desire them often. Never been the sort of girl who has to have a partner though have dated before

I have a lot of issues with fear trust intimacy etc due to a horrific upbringing and other things but I am healing from them.slowly.

A few months ago I was in a thread in a Facebook personal phone y group am in. someone felt the Lord say to her to pray over anyone who is seeking marriage.

Now I wasn't seeking marriage. But I real!y felt the Lord say to me "you are not ready yet and you are happy single but you have no idea how I can heal you in the future. Put your name down". I did and with some reservation explained my situation expecting them to tell me to delete my name.

They didnt. And this lady told me "you aren't ready yet you need to heal but the Lord does have someone for you. He is someone who enjoys the small pleasures of life and you will feel comfortable with Him". Now this is important because I love little things like a nice sunset or a cup of herbal tea or a good novel....and in my heart in was like "if it is God's will I marry them yes I want someone very easygoing who is happy to take time out to smell the roses"

Now all prophecy needs to be weighed up and discerned and only time will tell if it comes to pass...but usually marriage talk makes me fear and panic...this time I felt peace....for me this is unusual and I believe something supernatural may have happened

I have also never had a false word from that prophetic team and I have been given a few before...no one is infallible so am keeping an open mind...but it made me feel ok and this is rare

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
that is why it is best not to know..then can't be sinning
Ignorance is not bliss. And there is such a thing as willful ignorance. That is the refusal to investigate something within your power to learn because it might require you to do something within your power to change. That kind of ignorance is itself a sin. We do not need to know everything, but neither can we ignore everything. And now you know.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that there are others in the Torah who are related and do not marry her and do not die. He went through the motions and was killed. The Biblical penalty for refusing a Levirate marriage is real but small. It is not a death sentence.

Is it not a matter of attitude more than action that was being judged?
I still say that if he had heeded the council of his father, and faithfully acted upon it, all would have been well.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ignorance is not bliss. And there is such a thing as willful ignorance. That is the refusal to investigate something within your power to learn because it might require you to do something within your power to change. That kind of ignorance is itself a sin. We do not need to know everything, but neither can we ignore everything. And now you know.
I

I am on birth control for medical reasons. So no, am not sinning, but being as am very sensitive and fragile in my conscience area, it might cause me to worry I have offended God in some way if these pills are bad. That might cause me another breakdown or even walk away from the faith altogether

if I walk away from the faith it is a worse sin than taking birth controls because you lose salvation if you abandon the faith.

Birth control can be forgiven if it is a sin

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

I am 38 now. already a bit old for safe childbearing. By the time I am ready for marriage as in, ready emotionally, have enough money, have a good job, lost some weight so I am pretty enough for someone to want me, got my mental health stable enough etc I may be well into my mind 40s.... so I won't be far off menopause.

I could decide to just use condoms I guess. Not reliable. don't I ow if the implant causes abortions it not? I might use naturopathic remedies

I hope one day to have some money so I could pay for private naturopath or homeopathy doctor to use natural methods for the PCOS

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love? Romance? Companionship? Sex? Intimacy? Connection? Oneness? Partnership?
I

At the moment I have some good friends and don't get lonely often as am introverted. it I do worry if I get old and my friends die I might be lonely. so companionship could become a desire in future

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

At the moment I have some good friends and don't get lonely often as am introverted. it I do worry if I get old and my friends die I might be lonely. so companionship could become a desire in future

Well, everyone is different! I was just speaking generally :) I'm a hopeless romantic and a very passionate soul, even though I'm also an introvert and a bit of a hermit. I have wishes and hopes, but my future is entirely in God's hands.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The most important question is do you know that you are a born again Christian? As to your aforementioned questionable understanding of Biblical edicts pertaining to childbearing, adoption should be fine. It is inferred in The Word to adopt when led. The God Of Christ and our Holy God is not a terror to good works involving orphans.
Jas.1
  1. [26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
  2. [27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

am definitely born again. I don't know the woman on the other thread who posted about adoption but she is a Christian also, so I guess so.

I myself love to help the needy but I would not be eligible to adopt in my country as I have been a psych patient and they tend to not like that. Also my own childhood would also be an issue

I think adoption in other countries like China or Russia is less stringent but it takes a special kind of parent to do that...I think the lady in that other thread who said she didn't feel called to give birth but to adopt could have that desire Because she has a gift of nurturing very damaged children. I don't know. But I think it possible..

The orphans from former communist countries tend to have very severe issues indeed and it takes someone who is especially selfless and strong

I am not saying am selfish or weak but I am not anywhere near as special as someone like that!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was reading another thread on CF just now from a woman who is pondering the question of children with her husband but she says she has alwAys had stronger desire to adopt .she says her church told her that adopting children or having tubal ligation/sterilisation is sinning against God

I have heard these opinions before from Christians but am a bit confused because I cAnnot find any scripture referring to either of these matters?

Are there any scriptures on these topics at all, have I just missed them. Am curious because I never felt led by the Lord to be a mother and if I marry when am recovered enough from my issues I was pondering sterilisation. I am not keen on idea of taking a birth control pills that may be abortificent, stopping embryos from implanting.

I cAnnot understAnd why adoption would be considered wrong biblicLy? Wasn't Esther technicAlly brought up by her uncle? Moses was adopted.

The Bible encourages helping both widows and orphans or anyone else in need for that matter and inviting an orphan into your home is definitely not forbidden in the Bible. I would say it is greatly encouraged. As far as sterilization the closest thing I can find is God’s commandment to some people, not necessarily to all people, to be fruitful and to multiply. He said this to Adam and Eve, and to Noah and his family. Of course in both cases their whole intention was to populate the earth. Obviously God didn’t create the world solely for Adam & Eve or Noah and his family. I do not see this particular commandment given to anyone other than these two cases. So you might want to ask your pastor for scriptural evidence and if he quotes these verses you can point out that of course it was necessary for these individuals to multiply otherwise no one would be here.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, everyone is different! I was just speaking generally :) I'm a hopeless romantic and a very passionate soul, even though I'm also an introvert and a bit of a hermit. I have wishes and hopes, but my future is entirely in God's hands.

Amen!

I firmly believe
God has a different path for each one of us

He loves us

As I said, some know from a young age that they want to focus on a specific career. Before my heAlth was bad I trained in classical music. I knew from a young age that I was more likely to be a career lady than marry

My parents encouraged us to have good jobs but they then expected us to marry and have children when we were ready and had money saved.
Can I ask how he can have a church if he is not to be around children... ?

I mean he goes to church and prays for people there

He was never found guilty of anything. We never went to police. I went myself to social services as an adult and told them as becAuse I am a vulnerable adult they found me a council house.

so legally he can be around children but I wouldn't want to leave a child alone with him if I had any

my sister wants children very much but she also says she won't let them be alone with him when she has them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

I was also encouraged by social services to do all I can to keep myself safe from him and my church supported me in that. I go to different church h from my family

I believe e once you 18 you get to choose how much you want to see parents...Jesus said that it is right to leave and cleave...

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I know my dad won't go to hell He loves the lord.

We are responsible for our own salvation. Yes, we preach the gospel but if someone doesn't receive it we move on

My dad is saved but his brand of Christianity is very toxic. women are to be punished or hi t if they don't obey their husbands, children should be punished if they have issues etc.

I believe Jesus is love which is why only those who reject Him and his finished work on the cross are in hel l

No matter what I do regarding children my future in heaven is assured as long as I stay abiding in ?jesus

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

I am passionate about animals and music and all sorts of things but I lack the gene that makes me want to nurture another person

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know my dad won't go to hell He loves the lord.

We are responsible for our own salvation. Yes, we preach the gospel but if someone doesn't receive it we move on

My dad is saved but his brand of Christianity is very toxic. women are to be punished or hi t if they don't obey their husbands, children should be punished if they have issues etc.

I believe Jesus is love which is why only those who reject Him and his finished work on the cross are in hel l

No matter what I do regarding children my future in heaven is assured as long as I stay abiding in ?jesus

While Proverbs 13:24 does say spare the rod spoil the child I think the rod here is metaphorical and there can be other methods of punishment that can relate to the rod besides actual corporal punishment. As for me I do believe that corporal punishment is necessary at some point to teaching a child that there are limits to what will be tolerated but I keep it to a very minimal last resort punishment.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Is it not a matter of attitude more than action that was being judged?
I still say that if he had heeded the council of his father, and faithfully acted upon it, all would have been well.
And yet, for whatever attitudes the others who have refused a Levirate marriage, they didn't die. Onan did have a bad attitude. But it's what he did and did not do with his bad attitude that ruined his day. The text even says 'the thing which he did displeased the Lord' but it does not say 'the attitude he had displeased the Lord'.

The halizah ceremony releases a brother-in-law from the responsibility to marry his brother's widow. And nobody dies in the ceremony. Onan did not need to die for refusing to marry Tamar. He died for pretending to honor the Levirate but failing to actually do so.

Upvote 0