jussanuddername

Jun 6, 2005
Pittsburgh PA USA
✟16,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again, I am new to all of this and have not read much but there are several things I would like to see in the bible.

Does anybody know where I can find:

1) I remember hearing something about Satan once being an angel that did something wrong and wanted God to give him His power and God sent Him to hell.

2) Jesus's life between the manger in Bethlehem and getting Baptised by John.

3) What did Jesus do between the resurrection and the ascension? It was forty days, right? I see he appeared from time to time here and there, but otherwise, where was he?

That will do it for now, any help would be appreciated.

STARINELSON

The song of the star enchants my heart
May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) I remember hearing something about Satan once being an angel that did something wrong and wanted God to give him His power and God sent Him to hell.

Isa 14:13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Upvote 0

STARINELSON

The song of the star enchants my heart
May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry had to go check :)

The Bible doesn't speak of Jesus' childhood except for once :

Lu 2:43And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
The story continues a few more verses.

3) What did Jesus do between the resurrection and the ascension? It was forty days, right? I see he appeared from time to time here and there, but otherwise, where was he?

The Bible doesn't say where He was on a day to day basis.
He was visiting His followers mainly... letting them know He was ALIVE ! :)

Lu 24:15And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

Again, the story continues several more verses.

Matthew 28:9 also tells the story, as does Mark 16:6 and John chapters 20 & 21 also tell the story.

I hope this helps !
Be Blessed,

Wanda

Upvote 0

StAnselm

Theologue
Aug 17, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟16,804.00
Faith
Protestant
Good questions! :holy:

jussanuddername said:

Not all of us believe that Isaiah 14 is talking about Satan. It could just be referring to the kIng of Babylon. There is precious little in the Bible concerning Satan's past history...

There's precious little of this in the Bible as well. There's Matthew 2, with the visit of the Wise Men and the flight to Egypt - Jesus may have been a year or two old when that happened. Then there's Luke 2 - Jesus is presented in the temple in Luke 2:22-39. Luke 2:40 gives us a summary verse, "he grew and became strong," etc. Then in Luke 2:41-51 we have an incident when Jesus was 12 years old, followed by another summary verse in Luke 2:52. Then we skip 20 years.

Again, we don't know. The Good Lord didn't see fit to tell us. :)

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
jussanuddername said:
Again, I am new to all of this and have not read much but there are several things I would like to see in the bible.

Does anybody know where I can find:

That will do it for now, any help would be appreciated.

One thing I might add... be very careful about would-be answers to these questions. What I mean is there are cultic writings and pseudopigraphic writings claiming to fill in the details how Satan fell (the Bible in Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28, and Revelation 12 give us all the details God deemed necessary). Some of these false writings tell of Jesus studying eastern mysticism in India before his Galilean ministry. Still others speak of him popping over to the Americas in his post resurrected state to preach to Jewish Indians until his ascension (Mormon teaching).

Again, beware. The Bible while very specific in the necessities is not so detailed in the less to be focused on matters. Which fruit was the forbidden fruit? What biblical details are given regarding sexual intercourse (both the good and the bad)? What about bathroom details? What eating utensils did the people use and when were they developed? What color were the peoples' hair? Did they loose all their teeth for lack of dental hygiene?

The point is, these things were not the thrust of the Bible or they did not need elaboration. The same could be said about all that the Bible is silent on. Just be careful not to be swayed by someone who makes a seemingly good argument to know the number of nostril hairs the Apostle Paul had. Ok?

Upvote 0

StAnselm

Theologue
Aug 17, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟16,804.00
Faith
Protestant
johnd said:
Just be careful not to be swayed by someone who makes a seemingly good argument to know the number of nostril hairs the Apostle Paul had.

Yeah, this is really important. There are lots of wackos out here. ;)

Having said that, there are lots of interesting (and significant) details in Scripture that we miss because we're reading it too quickly.

But I think we do need to have a healthy dose of scepticism regarding extra-biblical writings that fill in the details.

Upvote 0

bluemarkus

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
dear brother

it is time for e-sword (search in google what it is, it will help you a lot)

this is a great help and can save much time when you have to look up something fast.

but do not get lost in it, ditching around in it. (i have made that mistake)

be blessed

MB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.