"Where Have the Americans Not Stuck Their Nose, Leaving Behind a Not So Fond Memory of Themselves”

Alexandre Fedorovski

Dec 22, 2017
Heidelberg
✟19,210.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
stated Lyle J. Goldstein, Professor of Strategy in the China Maritime Studies Institute (CMSI) at the United States Naval War College in Newport, RI. His article
From Siberia to Crimea: The Revenge of History in U.S.-Russian Relations
was published by The National Interest Magazine (From Siberia to Crimea: The Revenge of History in U.S.-Russian Relations)

adding that “… the majority of our youth today, educated by American action films and nurtured by hamburgers and Coca-cola do not even have a small bit of understanding [of this history].”

According to the author, all the evidence is available in local (Russian) papers and in the archives. Many examples of atrocities are given.

For instance, " Four men, accused of being partisans, are alleged to have been buried alive".

"The wife of a partisan is said to have been “pierced by bayonets and drowned in a garbage pit”.

Another source (who is unnamed) states that his own elderly father was taken as a hostage by Allied forces from the town of Kharitonovka. He was returned home alive but in
a bloodied condition. He is said to have died a few days later, after asking “Why did they torture me…”?

The man is said to have left five orphans behind. It further describes young men from Vladivostok that were accused of being partisans, who were “tortured for days, had their teeth knocked out and their tongues cut off.”

Lyle J. Goldstein is Professor of Strategy in the China Maritime Studies Institute (CMSI) at the United States Naval War College in Newport, RI. You can reach him at goldstel@usnwc.edu

cia_torture_report_2367645.jpg

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stated Lyle J. Goldstein, Professor of Strategy in the China Maritime Studies Institute (CMSI) at the United States Naval War College in Newport, RI. His article
From Siberia to Crimea: The Revenge of History in U.S.-Russian Relations
was published by The National Interest Magazine (From Siberia to Crimea: The Revenge of History in U.S.-Russian Relations)

adding that “… the majority of our youth today, educated by American action films and nurtured by hamburgers and Coca-cola do not even have a small bit of understanding [of this history].”

According to the author, all the evidence is available in local (Russian) papers and in the archives. Many examples of atrocities are given.

For instance, " Four men, accused of being partisans, are alleged to have been buried alive".

"The wife of a partisan is said to have been “pierced by bayonets and drowned in a garbage pit”.

Another source (who is unnamed) states that his own elderly father was taken as a hostage by Allied forces from the town of Kharitonovka. He was returned home alive but in
a bloodied condition. He is said to have died a few days later, after asking “Why did they torture me…”?

The man is said to have left five orphans behind. It further describes young men from Vladivostok that were accused of being partisans, who were “tortured for days, had their teeth knocked out and their tongues cut off.”

Lyle J. Goldstein is Professor of Strategy in the China Maritime Studies Institute (CMSI) at the United States Naval War College in Newport, RI. You can reach him at goldstel@usnwc.edu

cia_torture_report_2367645.jpg

Atrocities happen in ALL conflicts. Agreements like the Geneva Convention are put in place to help counter such abuse.

As to America's involvement in the world, I think that there are few that would argue that America's intervention in the European World Wars was not decisive in moving the world toward peace.

Upvote 0

Alexandre Fedorovski

Dec 22, 2017
Heidelberg
✟19,210.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Atrocities happen in ALL conflicts. Agreements like the Geneva Convention are put in place to help counter such abuse.

As to America's involvement in the world, I think that there are few that would argue that America's intervention in the European World Wars was not decisive in moving the world toward peace.

I completely agree with you. I published this material at the Forum in order to draw attention to the fact that not Russians landed on American coasts and drowned in Americans' garbage pits, but Americans who landed in Vladivostok, tolerating ill-treatment of Russian partisans and civilians ...

I have not even mentioned that at one time the Russian Empire sent 2 squadrons to the shores of America to demonstrate its flag and military support to the United States, where the Civil War was going on at this period , and the presence of friendly naval forces in its ports was in the interests of the Northern states.
There were 6 ships in the first one, led by Contr-Admiral Lesovski, the number of crews - 3000 people, arrived in New York.

The second one, led by Contr-Admiral Popov, arrived in San-Francisco. 6 men of war, 1200 officers and navy sailors.

850_88_d_850.jpg

Russian Contr-Admiral Lesovski

1360119118_05.jpg

Russian Contr-Admiral Popov

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

With respect to WW1, America's contribution was helpful but not decisive ranking a little behind the Canadian contribution.

Upvote 0

Alexandre Fedorovski

Dec 22, 2017
Heidelberg
✟19,210.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
With respect to WW1, America's contribution was helpful but not decisive ranking a little behind the Canadian contribution.

Come on! WHAT are we talking about?! ?? Glory ?! Governments are one substance, soldiers are very different ...

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Come on! WHAT are we talking about?! ?? Glory ?! Governments are one substance, soldiers are very different ...

I am not talking about glory or governments. I was speaking of battlefield performance.

Upvote 0