Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I said I'm new at this...but if they are from the same manuscript line, I would guess they are good, as well.
The Geneva, Tyndale, Bishop's, Webster's, KJV, NKJV, MKJV, and many others are all from the same text family.

From the Bishop's Bible:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three which beare recorde in heauen, the father, the worde, and the holy ghost, and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three which beare recorde in earth, the spirite, and water, and blood, and these three agree in one.

From the Geneva:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three, which beare recorde in heauen, the Father, the Worde, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three, which beare record in the earth, the spirit, and the water and the blood: and these three agree in one.

From the KJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

From the MKJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three are into the one.

From the NKJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

MatthewR

Mar 15, 2007
✟15,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just to stick my worthless two penneth worth into all of this.
No matter how many translations I read:
1) the only one that makes me feel like I'm learning/understanding anything is the KJV.
2) the only one I seem to be able to memorise verses from is the KJV.

Now. Who wants to beat up on the new kid? :)

Upvote 0

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1) the only one that makes me feel like I'm learning/understanding anything is the KJV.

But that's you. Not everybody else is like that.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I read KJV and NKJV. If KJV helps you, go for it. :thumbsup:

All I am saying, KJVOnly followers are wrong about other translations and only the Holy Spirit can lead them to the Truth since the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, we can read the Bible with the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

MatthewR

Mar 15, 2007
✟15,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read KJV and NKJV. If KJV helps you, go for it. :thumbsup:

All I am saying, KJVOnly followers are wrong about other translations and only the Holy Spirit can lead them to the Truth since the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, we can read the Bible with the Holy Spirit.
I do agree (I'm not KJVO at all - even if I came across like that).
The thing that gets me about KJVO is that the 1611 had the apocrypha did it not?
Also, isn't what most people think of as the AV not the actual thing?
It's still wonderful translation and as I said, the one I remeber best.

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do agree (I'm not KJVO at all - even if I came across like that).
The thing that gets me about KJVO is that the 1611 had the apocrypha did it not?
Also, isn't what most people think of as the AV not the actual thing?
It's still wonderful translation and as I said, the one I remeber best.

The 1611 KJV did have the apocrypha in it. The translators made it clear though that it wasn't scripture like the Bible is. It was used as good study material that we can learn from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kobuk

Nov 15, 2006
✟15,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh no, not another one who claims NIV is not the Word of God.
Did you ever think of actually learning about the NIV first before making that apostate comment. The sermon i linked too completely debunks the churchinity legend that the NIV is the Word.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you ever think of actually learning about the NIV first before making that apostate comment. The sermon i linked too completely debunks the churchinity legend that the NIV is the Word.

Being a Christian most of my life and have seen NIV brought people to Christ. I see the Holy Spirit at work, not NIV.

This is the problem I am having. Too focus on language and forgetting the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
arunma, I love you like a son. I have one older than you, not by much, but he's older. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. This is okay because, I know, from years of fellowshipping with you on this board, that you love the Lord and seek to put Him first. I'm not sure how many posts I'll make here on CF after this post. No, I have never, thus far, received a warning, infraction or as much a request to edit, so I won't be banned. Unless this rule changed to. I just wanted to let you know, if I never got the chance again, that you're cool people.
Anyway ...
I came to this post because I googled "mesue" and found myself on "FSTDT" LOL I made the list in 2004 and didn't know until tonight. So I googled "mesue fundie" and found this very post.
Ah, good ol' "Fundies Say the Darndest Things." I'm quoted on there a few times myself. Which is weird, because as far as Bible-believers go, I'm pretty moderate. I don't push political agendas, creationism, or anything else of that nature, and yet I somehow managed to make it on there about four times. I think the latest one was because I said that all non-Christians remain unreconciled with God (though I probably could have phrased it more clearly).

To answer your question, I think that most of the KJV-onlyists are on hiatus right now. There were so many KJVO threads on the Baptist forum that a thirty day ban on any KJVO discussion was imposed. Technically the ban only affects the Baptist forum, but that's where most of the KJV-onlyists spend their time. There are, however, many on this forum. A few who come to mind are TwinCrier, Mesue, BigChrisFilm, Hagios, and RichardT. There are others as well.
I wasn't aware of the 30 day ban on speaking about anything, let alone something so important as Scripture. I don't post here much anymore because I cannot, nor will not, say something is of God and Glorifies God, when it clearly isn't and doesn't.
Good, God fearing people are leaving CF because of the poison that has been allowed to sear the minds of most people.
http://www.christianforums.com/t5008513-cf-is-broken-my-suggestion.html
Changes are taking place that further serve to have this message board circle the drain of Christianity into a cespool of ... undeirable things.
http://www.christianforums.com/a398
Pretty soon you'll need to prove who you are in Christ in order to keep your icon.
http://www.christianforums.com/t4997612-taking-catholic-faith-icon-away.html
I will not water down my faith so that I can have the great "privilage" of posting here, or a custie identification icon. This is why I have not been here, except to post here and there. I check daily for PM'd prayer requests, and to speak up if needed, but I have no desire to be here anymore.
I also came across this post:
What evidence is there that Satan even has an "angelic name?"
I'm not sure of the "Covering Chrub's" name but Scripture clearly defiines Satan as being with God in Heaven. Consider the following:
KJV said:
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Ezekiel 28:13 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Ezekiel 28:13 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
Go with God ...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I joined this forum because I saw a post by AV1611VET quoted on "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things". I am also quoted on that website.... Anyway, I'm a fairly new KJV defender, and would like to know how many of us there are. In real life, I'm the only one I know...and online, i do know know of many...
God bless you! :)

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I joined this forum because I saw a post by AV1611VET quoted on "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things". I am also quoted on that website.... Anyway, I'm a fairly new KJV defender, and would like to know how many of us there are. In real life, I'm the only one I know...and online, i do know know of many...
What?

I am an ardent defender of the beloved KJV. I consider none of the modern Bible versions (perversions) to be authoritative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
They've all migrated to forums of like minded folks because their indefensible views have been biblically shot down time and time again. They have "safe space forums" where no one can tell them how ridiculous it is without getting banned from the forum.

Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I honestly don't have a problem with anyone choosing to use the KJV translation, because even if I find it hard to understand, I get that some people might find that one to be the most accurate one, and if the translation works for you, then use it. What I do take issue with are those who try and turn KJV usage into a doctrinal issue and claim that those of us who don't use that particular translation aren't reading the true word of God, and that also goes for anyone trying to turn the whole Bible translations issue into some legalistic doctrine, whether it's KJV only, ESV only, NASB only, etc.

Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Not going to beat up on you for that, because if that's what helps you understand the Bible, then go for it...just don't say that I'm a sinner because I prefer the NIV/ESV translations, and we'll be golden.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The Geneva, Tyndale, Bishop's, Webster's, KJV, NKJV, MKJV, and many others are all from the same text family.

From the Bishop's Bible:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three which beare recorde in heauen, the father, the worde, and the holy ghost, and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three which beare recorde in earth, the spirite, and water, and blood, and these three agree in one.

From the Geneva:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three, which beare recorde in heauen, the Father, the Worde, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three, which beare record in the earth, the spirit, and the water and the blood: and these three agree in one.

From the KJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

From the MKJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three are into the one.

From the NKJV:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
The Hebrew Text used for the NKJV and KJV are slightly different. Also, the NKJV creators consulted the LXX.

Anyone wanting to see the creation of a worthy successor to the KJV had better start praying for it to come forth. The KJV came forth through the prayers of the saints. Has it occurred to any KJV supporters on this thread that such a worthy successor can only come forth as a result of saints bringing it forth through prayer? Such a worthy creation is largely a spiritual endeavor, unlike many of the modern bible versions that are largely commercial enterprises created by persons seemingly more willing to bow before copyright law and the will of man than to the Holy Spirit. Start praying, Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly don't have a problem with anyone choosing to use the KJV translation, because even if I find it hard to understand, I get that some people might find that one to be the most accurate one, and if the translation works for you, then use it. What I do take issue with are those who try and turn KJV usage into a doctrinal issue and claim that those of us who don't use that particular translation aren't reading the true word of God, and that also goes for anyone trying to turn the whole Bible translations issue into some legalistic doctrine, whether it's KJV only, ESV only, NASB only, etc.

I have heard educated Christians claim there is no major differences between the KJV and modern versions. That is simply not true. Doctrinal disputations arise partly from the real, major differences between the Majority/Minor Text types and their translations. That cannot be avoided. So you can dislike someone claiming doctrinal issues over usage all you want. However, it is still an unavoidable and major issue because version differences do impact doctrinal formulation.

Many of the new versions present a diminished Gospel. Therefore, I reject them as reliable. Or sure, they contain truth, but they also contain untruth through omission, addition and mistranslation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0