Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's Pentecost, and he's a huge scholar, though NOT a KJO man to my knowledge. For the record, what he spouted is utter rubbish, the vast majority of our manuscripts are in Koine Greek, not classical, and that is why you learn Koine in seminary.

I also second the motion that Riplinger is unreliable, and will go farther to say that she has been shown to be a fraud and a complete liar. Even a great many KJO people refute her work for the tripe that it is.
Quite right, I know many KJVO'ers who separate themselves from Riplinger and Ruckman alike.

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And while you're at it, Traci, you may be interested in her response to David cloud:

O MADMAN --- G.A. Riplinger's Response to David Cloud's Criticism of New Age Bible Versions
If you could sum it up, would you say Riplinger's book is worthy? I see a new-age link with the NIV. I googled 'Virginia Mallencot' and she appears to speak at alot of new age functions. Bseides all the obvious stuff, I'd say she she would have no problem calling God, "mother".

And ancient Alexandria was rife with heresy...I see a new age connection.

Being that I have an attention disorder, I do not read much, but this book is now piquing my interest.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you could sum it up, would you say Riplinger's book is worthy? I see a new-age link with the NIV. I googled 'Virginia Mallencot' and she appears to speak at alot of new age functions. Bseides all the obvious stuff, I'd say she she would have no problem calling God, "mother".

Being that I have an attention disorder, I do not read much, but this book is now piquing my interest.
I recommend Gail Riplinger's New Age Bible versions. It is a lengthy and well documented book.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV1611VET,

Are you a native of Guam?

No I'm not, Traci.

Wife and I spent our best years there, though.

We went through a 6.1 earthquake and a supertyphoon together!

(You can google SUPERTYPHOON PAMELA.)

I just post under the flag of Guam.

I'm a Vietnam Era Vet, and got to send the CEASE FIRE to ships at sea from there during the war.

Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No I'm not, Traci.

Wife and I spent our best years there, though.

We went through a 6.1 earthquake and a supertyphoon together!

(You can google SUPERTYPHOON PAMELA.)

I just post under the flag of Guam.

I'm a Vietnam Era Vet, and got to send the CEASE FIRE to ships at sea from there during the war.
First, I want to thank you for fighting for freedom. God bless you! Our Viet Nam Vets are heroes.

Have you and your wife considered mission work in Guam? It looks as though they are in need of the gospel.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, I want to thank you for fighting for freedom. God bless you! Our Viet Nam Vets are heroes.

Thank you very much, Traci; and although I didn't fight, per se, it was a privilege to serve our country.

Have you and your wife considered mission work in Guam? It looks as though they are in need of the gospel.

Yes we have considered it --- briefly.

We're not going to go unless the Lord tells us to.

Upvote 0

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Riplinger frequently misquotes people in the book. I'd beware of this. Also, there isn't a single mathmetician that I'm aware of that stands behind her "acrostic algebra" that supposedly God told her to write about.

Upvote 0

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who is Ruckman? I learned about the KJV from Ralph Ovadal and D.A Waite. Most of what I learn, I learn by listening to Sermon Audio.
Ruckman is a KJVOnlyist who believes that aliens frequent Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Traci,

It's not so much the fact that I'm KJVO that frustrates these labcoats here --- it's the fact that I'm Sola Scriptura --- meaning I play on a different playground than they do.

I could frustrate these "experts" just as much with the NIV as I could the KJV --- but I use the KJV as my Source.

Upvote 0

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Traci,

It's not so much the fact that I'm KJVO that frustrates these labcoats here --- it's the fact that I'm Sola Scriptura --- meaning I play on a different playground than they do.

I could frustrate these "experts" just as much with the NIV as I could the KJV --- but I use the KJV as my Source.
What makes you think people here aren't sola scriptura?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What makes you think people here aren't sola scriptura?

I didn't mean you guys, bro; I meant what I call the "scientatheists".

That is, those who believe there's no God, and are Sola Gnostica - (okay, I made that term up).

Upvote 0

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't mean you guys, bro; I meant what I call the "scientatheists".

That is, those who believe there's no God, and are Sola Gnostica - (okay, I made that term up).
Ok, thanks for clarifying. :)

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recommend Gail Riplinger's New Age Bible versions. It is a lengthy and well documented book.

The problem being that she misquotes people, and much of her doccumentation is wrong. Again, I challenge anyone to read the critique of her work that I posted WRITTEN BY A KJO SCHOLAR!!!!

Upvote 0