Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I joined this forum because I saw a post by AV1611VET quoted on "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things". I am also quoted on that website.... Anyway, I'm a fairly new KJV defender, and would like to know how many of us there are. In real life, I'm the only one I know...and online, i do know know of many...

IronWill

Reformed Godfather
Sep 13, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟8,694.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I joined this forum because I saw a post by AV1611VET quoted on "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things". I am also quoted on that website.... Anyway, I'm a fairly new KJV defender, and would like to know how many of us there are. In real life, I'm the only one I know...and online, i do know know of many...
There are a lot online. I used to be KJVO.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I'll defend the KJV as probably the most accurate one in English straight from the Hebrew and Greek. However, I will also use NKJV.

Although I consider myself very picky about Bible tranlsations (as there are a lot of weird ones out there), I don't discredit one's desire to use something a little more modern. Especially for anyone who's new to reading the Bible. God convicts everyone differently as they grow.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Ah, good ol' "Fundies Say the Darndest Things." I'm quoted on there a few times myself. Which is weird, because as far as Bible-believers go, I'm pretty moderate. I don't push political agendas, creationism, or anything else of that nature, and yet I somehow managed to make it on there about four times. I think the latest one was because I said that all non-Christians remain unreconciled with God (though I probably could have phrased it more clearly).

To answer your question, I think that most of the KJV-onlyists are on hiatus right now. There were so many KJVO threads on the Baptist forum that a thirty day ban on any KJVO discussion was imposed. Technically the ban only affects the Baptist forum, but that's where most of the KJV-onlyists spend their time. There are, however, many on this forum. A few who come to mind are TwinCrier, Mesue, BigChrisFilm, Hagios, and RichardT. There are others as well.

As for my position, I am most definitely not KJV-only. I am ESVO, I believe that the 2001 English Standard Version is the only true and specially inspired Bible.

(...that wasn't a very subtle debate-starter, was it?)

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
][/I]...but I'm just asking KJV defenders to introduce themselves to me. I have posted on other KJV threads and they seem to have gone inactive..at least for the time being...

I would also like to point out that it's not about "defending the KJV". I don't know anyone particularly who has a problem at all with the KJV. It has been mightily used by God and probably has impacted more lives than any other version, or at least is on the very short list.

The problem comes when people begin to claim KJVO and insinuate that other versions are satanic or sinful. Those are the attitudes and false-teachings that people hate and that stir debate.

The question isn't "is the KJV a good translation", it's "Is the kJV the only acceptable translation?"

• Haha
Upvote 0

Tony Merritt

Mar 27, 2003
PIEDMONT,SC
✟15,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello tracifish. So good to meet you. I myself am a 100% believer and defender of the KJV. I will also go as far as saying that I (personally,my opinion) believe that all other versions are wrong.(To put it lightly) Have a great day.

Tony M

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...and, Twisted Sketch...you have not told me where you stand. I'm guessing you are not a KJV defender... you do not seem too happy with this thread.

Yeah, I've been irritable the last two days. My stance is I'll use the KJV as a study reference, along with other Bibles. If people want to only use that one, fine but don't trash the other good translations if you do. God does mighty works through them.

Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I've been irritable the last two days. My stance is I'll use the KJV as a study reference, along with other Bibles. If people want to only use that one, fine but don't trash the other good translations if you do. God does mighty works through them.
I'm sorry you have been irritable. Is it anything in particular?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello tracifish. So good to meet you. I myself am a 100% believer and defender of the KJV. I will also go as far as saying that I (personally,my opinion) believe that all other versions are wrong.(To put it lightly) Have a great day.

Tony M
...and I thank you for this!!! :hug:

Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would also like to point out that it's not about "defending the KJV". I don't know anyone particularly who has a problem at all with the KJV. It has been mightily used by God and probably has impacted more lives than any other version, or at least is on the very short list.

The problem comes when people begin to claim KJVO and insinuate that other versions are satanic or sinful. Those are the attitudes and false-teachings that people hate and that stir debate.

The question isn't "is the KJV a good translation", it's "Is the kJV the only acceptable translation?"
Keep listening...I think you will be shocked. I know I was.

Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll defend the KJV as probably the most accurate one in English straight from the Hebrew and Greek. However, I will also use NKJV.

Although I consider myself very picky about Bible tranlsations (as there are a lot of weird ones out there), I don't discredit one's desire to use something a little more modern. Especially for anyone who's new to reading the Bible. God convicts everyone differently as they grow.
I will not discredit anyone, especially since most people do not know what is behind the other translations. I prefer the KJV...but I also have an NIV...I read it once to read the footnotes, then decided I didn't like it...and that was before I knew anything.

People in my old church use diferent versions, including the pastor...and in the church I'm in now, it is even worse...but this new church may be a ministry for me...

Upvote 0