Where does it say Moses had to put his foot in the water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...before God would part the Red Sea? I have heard this so many times, in sermons and in books (the point being that we have to take a step of faith before God will help us) but I cannot find it in the Bible. Exodus 14:21 just says that Moses stretched his hand out over the sea and all night God drove the sea back with a strong wind. Is there somewhere else in the Bible where it says Moses or anyone else needed to put their feet in the water first? I am hoping it's in there somewhere, otherwise pastors and authors are making it up and that is just not right. :(

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I've just found it. Sort of. It wasn't Moses and the Red Sea, it was Joshua and the Jordan in Joshua 3. I am 100% sure that the last time I heard it, the guy said it was Moses and Red Sea though, so I guess he just had his stories mixed up. I feel silly now; sorry to have wasted forum space with this question. :blush:

Thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0

bloodofthelamb12

...i'm just trying to stay afloat...
Jan 29, 2004
Ft Hood, TX
✟716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Moses never set foot in the water; Exodus 14:22 tells us that the sons of Israel went across on dry land. That includes Moses. He stepped out on faith figuratively.

Now Peter on the other hand, stepped out on faith literally. Remember the storms that came while the disciples were in their ship on the Sea of Galilee? They were with Christ the first time, and woke Him up in panic; He showed them He was greater than nature by quelling the storm with 3 words, "Peace! Be Still!" The second time, Christ was not with them when the storm came, and they panicked in His absence. A strange ghostly white figure appeared in the distance; struck with fear, they believed their deaths were impending. Christ called to them to fear not, for it was He. Peter, seeing His teacher walking on water, said if that Jesus willed it, he could do the same and come to Him. Jesus consented, and Peter left the boat walking towards the Christ, upheld by his faith. When Peter doubted, he sank; but at least Peter had the courage to step out and try!

fly with Christ,
Caleb

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Orchard said:
...before God would part the Red Sea? I have heard this so many times, in sermons and in books (the point being that we have to take a step of faith before God will help us) but I cannot find it in the Bible. Exodus 14:21 just says that Moses stretched his hand out over the sea and all night God drove the sea back with a strong wind. Is there somewhere else in the Bible where it says Moses or anyone else needed to put their feet in the water first? I am hoping it's in there somewhere, otherwise pastors and authors are making it up and that is just not right. :(

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.

It's not there....there are many legalist and apostate pastors around, and loads that don't know much at all about the bible, their in it for the money, not to teach the bible the way the Lord commands them to, also MANY pastors DO NOT have the GIFT of pastor teacher to begin with, and this is commanded by God...like I said the ole mighty $. Steer clear of these types.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.