WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing here an out what specifically violates the Sabbath law under the New Covenant.JLB

Read the 4th commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11. It's easy, you break it you commit sin just like all the other commandments *JAMES 2:10-11

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Read the 4th commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11. It's easy, you break it you commit sin just like all the other commandments *JAMES 2:10-11

Nothing in the fourth Commandment about going to Church on Sunday.

JLB

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Do you keep this Sabbath law?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's 4th Commandment has nothing to do with going to Church did you read what it says?

Where are the scriptures that identify for us what specifically constitutes sin concerning the Sabbath today, why won’t you provide any scriptures from Jesus or His Apostles that instruct the Church what we can or can not do on the Sabbath so that we don’t sin.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you keep the Sabbath as the law of Moses requires? JLB

God's 4th commandment is a part of the God's ETERNAL LAW that gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS. You mix up your shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law from the OLD COVENANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to?

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD through love. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there. If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do many not believe God’s WORD?

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where are the scriptures that identify for us what specifically constitutes sin concerning the Sabbath today, why won’t you provide any scriptures from Jesus or His Apostles that instruct the Church what we can or can not do on the Sabbath so that we don’t sin. JLB

Already have you do not want to read them *EXODUS 20:8-11 (see also post # 1878 linked)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's 4th commandment is a part of the God's ETERNAL LAW that gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS. You mix up your shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law from the OLD COVENANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to?

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD through love. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there. If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do many not believe God’s WORD?

Hope this helps
Perhaps you read them but did not understand them :). What did those scriptures mean to you?
Already have you do not want to read them *EXODUS 20:8-11 (see also post # 1878 linked)

Ignoring my question will not make it go away.

You have never shown where Jesus ever commanded to observe the Sabbath as a holy day.

Where are the scriptures that identify for us what specifically constitutes sin concerning the Sabbath today, why won’t you provide any scriptures from Jesus or His Apostles that instruct the Church what we can or can not do on the Sabbath so that we don’t sin.

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Do you keep this Sabbath law?

Nothing in the fourth Commandment about going to Church on Sunday.

JLB

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God (John 12:47-48).

God's Word makes it very clear that if we follow the teachings of men over the Word of God we are not following God...
Where’s the gospel in your thread(s)? I see lots of law, but no gospel.

Upvote 0

Kermos

God is the Potter, and we are the clay.
Feb 10, 2019
United States
Visit site
✟38,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No problem see below (see also posts # 1830; posts # 1831 already posted) :)

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Should you also be putting up a challange for anyone to provide scripture where JESUS says we should not have other Gods; make idols and worship them; use God's name in vain?

If there is no scripture from JESUS are you also arguing that we are free now to have other God's; use God's name in vain? make idols and worship them? You do not believe this do you brother?
...snip
That is not what Hebrews 4:9 states according to the Greek Manuscripts! Hebrews 4:9 states:

"So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God."

And, the Truth, the Word, Jesus Christ, God said (Matthew 11:28):

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

The Truth is clear, Jesus Christ is the rest of we believers in the New Covenant:

"And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.'" (Luke 22:20)

"When He said, 'A new [covenant],' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." (Hebrews 8:13)

Old Covenant keeprs are bound to the Law, God's Word commands not to make a likeness, period. The sentence in Verse 4 is complete. God's Word commands not to worship "them" which can be either "gods" from Verse 2 and/or "idol"s from Verse 4, yet neither Verse 2 nor Verse 4 grammatically depends on Verse 5; therefore, "Logical Conclusion to Keeping the Old Covenant Law Post" (in this thread) in which a drivers license or some such with a likeness of a person who keeps the Law of the Old Covenant remains logically and lexically correct. This is proven out further by the "Grammatical Explanation of Exodus 20:2-6 Post for the Logical Conclusion to Keeping the Old Covenant Law Post" (in this thread).

There is no need for a "challenge" about other gods because the Lord Jesus makes it clear there is only room for the One True God! The Truth commands (Matthew 22:37-40):

"'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' On these two commandments rests the whole Law and the Prophets."

So, the Truth commands "LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART"; therefore, a heart saturated with the love of God has no room for other gods nor idols nor vain usage of His Name nor worshipping falsehood.

Now, about keeping the Old Covenant 7th day sabbath, or more appropriately not needing to keep the 7th day sabbath of the Old Covenant, God's Word in The Lord Jesus Commands and Defends Work by People on the Old Covenant Sabbath Post is quite clear that we believers in the New Covenant are not bound to keep the 7th day sabbath as recorded in the Old Covenant. We believers in the New Covenant have our rest in the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ!

Either your bible or your words try to change the meaning of scripture with your very first quote in your post. Trying to alter scripture is the attempted corruption of scripture, and this goes right back to "God's Word Disagrees With Your Use Of The Word 'Love' As Well As Your Acts Of Adding To And Subtracting From Scripture Post" (in this thread) and "Follow-up about God's Word Disagrees With You Post".

Listen to Truth:

"Exclusively Scripture With Bible Citations About the New Covenant Post" (in this thread)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17)

"For the Law, since it has [only] a shadow of the good things to come [and] not the very form of things" (Hebrews 10:1)

"And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.'" (Luke 22:20)

"When He said, 'A new [covenant],' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." (Hebrews 8:13)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In other words, you can’t prove that the Messiah & Apostles taught that it was no longer sinful to not keep the Sabbath holy. It’s probably best to not engage anymore. You seem content on promoting lawlessness and disobedience to God’s commands.
Correct. There's also nothing from the Messiah and Apostles showing it's a sin to not keep the 7th day sabbath.

What is being promoted is grace over law. IOW there's no obligation of the Christian to keep the law (old covenant).

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No problem see below (see also posts # 1830; posts # 1831 already posted) :)

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Should you also be putting up a challange for anyone to provide scripture where JESUS says we should not have other Gods; make idols and worship them; use God's name in vain?
So just change the issue.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet here you still are :). Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. I know who I BELIEVE and FOLLOW how about you *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29.
You think it's because of the OP. How odd.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Natsumi Lam, nice to see you again. God's Spirit works through God's WORD not outside of it because God's Spirit is the Spirit of the Word of God *JOHN 6:63 that we are to BELIEVE and FOLLOW. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

God bless.
I wonder if you're trying to say what the Apostles did is a tradition of man? The Apostles met for worship on Sunday. As Jews I don't intend to say they didn't worship on Saturday, their mandated tradition by the law.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.