WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your words indicate that you are confused because this is addressed in this post.

I applaud your optimizing - go read that post - it is all accusation and no fact.

Try quoting to show some error first.

Notice that I show the context for "Fulfill" for BOTH the moral law (that defines what sin is - according to 1 John 3:4) and also for the ceremonial law (distinction that Paul states in 1 Cor 7:19 -- as you were already told in a previous post). So I did not select "one or the other" but both.

Details matter.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
In a lunar month it does because a lunar month starts on the lunar sighting. What is it you do not understand. See the new moon? That is the start of the month. It is a visual calendar that the ancient Hebrews employed. There was no papal calendar when the Bible was written.

Sometimes I wonder if your having me on?

The start of the month is not the start of the week.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
There is a difference between being under the law and establishing the law.

The law includes the ten commandments and over six hundred other laws. If one law has fallen then the entire law system has fallen. You cannot pick and pack, you cannot attempt to keep any subset of these laws.

You misunderstand the New Testament.

We are UNDER Grace and not UNDER the law.

And the study just explained what is meant by "not under law" and it does not mean what you say.

You are very inventive as there is no scripture which says, "If one law has fallen then the entire law system has fallen.".You are just making it up as you go along.

The simple fact that you will admit to keeping nine of the ten commands show that your theory is false and hypocritical.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
The new moon is a sabbath. The sabbath is the last day of the week in any calendar. To me that means -

___, ___, ___, ___, ____, __, Sat
Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat

Your reference to MK 2:27 is totally out of agreement with Deut 51:3 and Ex 31:13, 17.

Go and inform yourself.Not all Sabbaths are on the seventh day of the week.So even if the new moon is a Sabbath it can fall on any day of the week just like the Sabbaths of the annual feasts.

There is no Deuteronomy 51.There is nothing in any of the passages you try to use to say the Sabbath was only for Israel that actually says that.You are adding to the word.The very Sabbath command,if you had taken time to read it,shows the Sabbath is for others and not for Israel only.Read it and see:

"Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."(Exodus 20:9-11)

Do you know who is a stranger?If you had answered my question in the thread titled, "Jesus is our Sabbath",then you would have been relieved of your ignorance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe not because you didn't say in your post. The going back and forth on posts is confusing and often not much good unless you go back sometimes 3 or 4 more times. So if you want some one to be sure they know what you're posting about include it in your post.

But I was not responding to anything from you.The person to whom I was responding should know as they knew what they wrote unlike you.But then you just had to say something,even if it didn't make sense.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Kermos,

Your only repeating yourself here without addressing the post and the scriptures in them that disagree with you and your interpretation of God's WORD. Your words and accusations are not God's WORD they are only your words arguing against God's. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it ROMANS 3:4.
Your words are a composition, and your words state something. Your words state your imaginations that you try to impose on others when you intersperse scripture. Your words composited state that the 7th day sabbaths are not there in Leviticus 23 with all the other sabbaths listed in Leviticus 23 because you words say that the 7th day sabbath is excluded by way of your explanation of Hosea 2:11; on the other hand, God says the 7th day sabbaths are there.
Let's examine your claims again and see if there is any truth in them. Your claim is that I am saying that God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH is not written into LEVITICUS 23 correct?

Now please post me a link where I have ever posted that LEVITICUS 23 does not include God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH when I have already posted on LEVITICUS 23:1-3 specifically discussing God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH in LEVITICUS 23?

Now if you cannot post any links showing that I have stated anywhere that God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH is not in LEVITICUS 23 then why do you pretend that I have when I have directly posted on this subject in post # 684 linked where I specifically discuss God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH in LEVITICUS 23?

Your false claims are proven to be so as shown when discussing LEVITICUS 23 in post # 684 linked.
LGW wrote: So CONTEXT of LEVITICUS 23 is listing all the days of HOLY CONVOCATION for the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS. That are SACRED PUBLIC MEETINGS for the YEARLY FEAST DAYS. God's 4th Commandments is a part of the ANNUAL FEAST days because many FEASTS were longer then 7 days or the FEASTS could start on any day depending on the YEARLY CYCLE.
Well brother does not really say what your claiming now does it? I will leave your false claims between you and God. I have already forgiven you. :)
As written previously, your words composited build your statements. Both sentences are equally valid examples meant to point people to the post identifying where God's Word says something that you contradict
This is where your argument falls to pieced. As proven above I have never made any claims that God's SABBATH is not in LEVITICUS 23 and stated they were a part of the HOLY CONVOCATIONS (public meetings) for the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS because an ANNUAL FESTIVAL also included God's 4th commandment because depending on the yearly cycles sometimes FEAST days would fall on the SABBATH, these days are call HIGH SABBATHS in God's WORD *JOHN 19:31 or some of the FEASTIVALS went longer then 7 DAYS so would include the weekly SABBATH. You have no excuse for not believing God's WORD as I have not made any of the claims you are making.
By the way, your post #766 to which you linked is an example of you trying to explain away that the 7th day sabbath included in Leviticus 23:3 as not being a part of the Hosea 2:11 reference according to you.
Well that statement has no truth to it. Post # 766 linked is simply a response to your false claim below that said (emphasis in red mine)
Kermos said: Hosea 2:11 indicates the end of ALL sabbaths thus pointing at Lord Jesus the One Who would make the perfect sacrifice being the Lord of the Sabbath with authority to become the giver of sabbath to all who believe on the name of Jesus Christ.
Post # 766 linked is a response to your claim that Hosea 2:11 is referring to and end to all Sabbaths. The post shows through the scriptures alone that Hosea 2:11 is in reference to the ANNUAL FEAST days not God's weekly SEVENTH DAY SABBATH. This post goes on to show through the scriptures alone that what you posted above has no basis in truth as there is no scripture anywhere that says HOSEA 2:11 says that all sabbaths are abolished.

HOSEA 2:11 is in reference to the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS of LEVITICUS 23 and the ceremonial "SPECIAL" SHADOW sabbaths (H7677 שׁבּתון shabbâthôn; meaning special holiday these special ANNUAL ceremonial sabbaths connected directly to the FEAST DAYS of LEVITICUS 23:24; 32 and 39 are not God's 4th commandment weekly SEVENTH DAY). This is a reference to all the SABBATHS connected to the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS coming to an END. This includes God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH having no more connection to the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS. It does not mean there is no more WEEKLY SEVENTH DAY Sabbath of God's 4th commandment which is still EVERY SEVENTH day of the week *EXODUS 20:8-11.

Where is the scripture that says God's SEVENTH DAY WEEKLY Sabbath has come to an end? There is none.

These Shadow ceremonial sabbaths are not God's 4th commandment and are directly connected to the ANNUAL FEAST days in Feasts of Trumpets *LEVITICUS 23:24. Day of Atonement *LEVITICUS 23:32 and the Feast of Booths *LEVITICUS 23:39.

God's SEVENTH DAY Sabbath is a WEEKLY Sabbath and the 4th commandments of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
You contradict God's Word as evidenced by the immediately preceding verses which are Leviticus 23:1-2 stating:1 YHVH spoke again to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, 'YHVH'S appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations - My appointed times are these:" And, here is Leviticus 23:3: "For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to YHVH in all your dwellings."
Your claims here have been addressed in detail in post # 684 linked, showing that you mix up God's SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of SHADOW laws in ORDINANCES from the OLD COVENANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGTEOUSNESS in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. Your response to this post and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you was to simply ignore it. Yet the linked post provided above show what PAUL is quoting from in COLOSSIANS 2:16 and show what the NEW TESTAMENT is referring to as the SHADOW laws in ORDINANCES. If you do not know what the OLD COVANANT was how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD points to? Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear. Please feel free to respond to the posts and all the scriptures provided that disagree with you. If you cannot why do you not believe God's WORD? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says that all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and tradtions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.
It is a very simple matter for someone to look at the posting of yours to which I am replying (which is similar to your post number 766) to see that your words try to extricate the 7th day sabbath Leviticus 23:3 which according to you leaves Hosea 2:11 not talking about the 7th day sabbaths.
As proven above already this is simply a false statement that I have never made. This is proven in post # 684 linked and many other posts that have been provided already and all the scriptures provided that disagree with you that you will not respond to. You have provided no links where I have ever posted that LEVITICUS 23 does not include God's 4th commandment to support your claims and you have been provided the linked post above showing your claims are simply false. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there? If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do you not believe God’s WORD?

Sorry my friend as proven through God's WORD alone God's WORD does not teach lawlessness.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the WORD of God)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
By your insistence on this issue, you are following the ways or traditions of man, or a man, because if anything, they are your own ways...

The letter of the law was to expose man's ways, or own ways, and beyond that, it has little to no purpose, like in a truly born again believers life... But, the Spirit of that same law, is superior, for/and because it goes beyond that and beyond the law, or letter of the law, I mean... And the totality of it, in time and gradually reveals God's (true) ways...

And if your going to insist on this, then you must keep the whole law, and you know you don't always, but anyway, I think it is you and those like you that are following the traditions and ways of man, and forsaking the Spirit, and not following the commandments, or the true commandments, of God...

And I do not say that to be mean, but just because that is the way I have come to see it, interpret it, perceive it, ect., to mean, who it applies to, ect..

God Bless!

Your post does not make any sense brother,

Look at what you have posted previously. You posted earlier by your own admission that there is not a single scripture in God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day right?

It is God's WORD alone that says God's 4th Commandment is one of God's 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. According to God's WORD alone if we break ANY ONE of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

Now if there is NO SCRIPTURE that says God's 4th Commandments has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY DAY, and it is JESUS who says in his OWN words that if we KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men (Sunday worship; no scripture) that break the commandments of GOD (4th Commandment) we are not following GOD *MATTHEW 15:3-9 Then by ignoring God's 4th Commandment and following the man made traditions on of Sunday worship, who is following the teachings and traditions of men; those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (4th commandment); or those who follow the teachings of Sunday worship? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there? If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do you not believe God’s WORD?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Nope. Not at all brother, all I am hearing from you is your words and claims over God's WORD ...snip

Behold, God's Word in the succeeding paragraphs. This addresses the 10 commandments which are part of the old covenant, the old covenant/old testament, the new covenant/new testament, and last but not least the Blood of Jesus!

God the Son, Jesus commanded (Matthew 22:37-40):

"'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' On these two commandments hang the whole Law and the Prophets."

Interesting word there, "hang", for that Greek word is assinged Strongs G2910. In Luke 23:39, Strongs G2910 is used again by Luke for the word "hanged", here's the quote "one of the criminals who were hanged [there] was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!"

God the Father commanded (Mathew 17:5):

"This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

God said (Isaiah 9:6):

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

Luke records Jesus' actions and words about the new covenant (Luke 22:20):

And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

In Hebrews it is written about the new covenant (Hebrews 8:13):

"When He said, 'A new [covenant],' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."

The Apostle John records Jesus commanding a man to work on the Sabbath (John 5:8-10):

Jesus said to him, "Get up, pick up your pallet and walk."
Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and [began] to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day.
So the Jews were saying to the man who was cured, "It is the Sabbath, and it is not permissible for you to carry your pallet."

The Apostle Matthew records the Lord Jesus explaining the meaning of lawlessness (in verse 23, the Greek word is anomian Strongs G458 similar to 1 John 2:1-4), and here is what Jesus said (Matthew 7:21-27):

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven [will enter].
22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25 "And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and [yet] it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
26 "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
27 "The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell - and great was its fall."

This should terrify anyone who does not keep the words of Jesus. In verse 24, the Lord Jesus said "everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them" then He explains about the person, but in verse 26 the Lord Jesus said "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them" then He explains about that person.

Here are seven more quotations of the Lord Jesus Christ with citations:

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy" (Matthew 5:17).

"Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?" (Matthew 12:5)

"But if you had known what this means, 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,' you would not have condemned the innocent." (Matthew 12:7)

"For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." (Matthew 12:8)

"It is finished" (John 19:30).

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth" (Matthew 28:18)

You are bound by your imaginations. You insterperse scripture among your words, and your words are frequently contrary to God's Word as demonstrated again and again and again. Your teaching about keeping the 7th day sabbath with those not keeping it as practicing sin by the people of the new covenant is your imaginations; furthermore, your imaginations are not God's Word. You falsely accuse me, again, but I forgive you. The leaven of your words leavens your whole loaf.

We believers rest according to the will of God, and this rest is given by, in, and through Jesus moment by moment. We are not bound to the 7th day sabbath in the manner which you prescribe which results in lawlessness because Jesus satisfies the law (see Matthew 5:17) and Jesus said it is His words that matter (Matthew 7:21-27), and anyone who says differently disagrees with Lord Jesus.

I can understand why you like to snip out my posts because when you add the rest of the post and the scripture in the post that you snip out that you refuse to respond to it shows how God's WORD disagrees with you. Let's add the rest of the post back in for context. Please feel free to respond to all the post and the scriptures in them that disagree with you brother. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear.

From post # 1381 linked

Nope. Not at all brother, all I am hearing from you is your words and claims over God's WORD :).

As already posted in post # 1322; post # 1323; post # 1324; post # 1325; post # 1326 and post # 1327, everyone of your false claims have been adderssed with a detailed scripture reply showing your errors in the interpretation of the scriptures.

Your response to the linked posts above is to simply call names and ignore these posts and scriptures provided in these posts that disagree with you which were only sent in love as a help to you. Sorry brother God's WORD does not teach lawlessness anywhere in the bible at all.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there? If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do you not believe God’s WORD? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4.

Only sent in love brother as a help to you. You are free to believe and dop as you wish. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. According to God's WORD at this time many will be dissappointed who had the chance to hear the Word of God but decided to turn away from it *MATTHEW 7:22-23. No one is a BELIEVER if they do not FOLLOW God's WORD. The devils BELIEVE according to JAMES but will not be saved because they do not follow *JAMES 2:18-20; 26.

Sent only in love brother as a help to you.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Your first two sentences are in conflict with one another. Jesus speaks for Himself best, and here are His words:

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17)

There it is in black and white, Jesus came to satisfy the Law. Jesus came to satisfy the Prophets.

Concerning Luke 24:27 and Luke 24:44-47, you seem to be attempting to limit the Law. In Luke 24:27, Luke wrote "Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures". Recorded in Luke 24:44 is Jesus saying:

"These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled."

There is that word fulfilled which is Strongs G4137, and it can be translated with any of these synonyms:

completed
fulfilled
satisfied

It sounds like your words try to limit what Jesus said when you write "Jesus is fulfilling the prophecies about Himself written in the Law and Prophets" because Jesus actually said:

"These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be satisfied."

Is there someone here that says the 10 commandments are not about Jesus? Is there someone here that says that Jesus did not talk about the 10 commandments between Luke 24:27 and Luke 24:44? The Law of Moses contains the 10 commandments (the Law of Moses is the Torah).

Luke 24:22 is another episode of Jesus saying something very similar to the episode recorded in Matthew 5:17; moreover, Luke 24:22 does not negate Matthew 5:17, nor reciprocally.

You try to explain Romans 13:8-10, but those are your words. The Apostle Paul wrote it precisely as the Holy Spirit had him write it:

"he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law" (Romans 13:8)

There is that word fulfilled which is Strongs G4137, so let's look at the same thing rendered with the other words:

"he who loves his neighbor has completed [the] law" (Romans 13:8)

"he who loves his neighbor has satisfied [the] law" (Romans 13:8)

Most of what you say above was in the post you are replying to.

You however fail to understand what, "things which are written about Me", means.It simply refers to the things written about what Jesus as Messiah would come and do.For example:

In the Law(Torah):

Deuteronomy 18:15 - Acts 3:20-22.

In the Prophets:

Isaiah 42:1-4 - Matthew 12:17-20.

In the Psalms:

Psalm 78:2 - Matthew 13:35.

Hence Jesus did not fulfill the laws and so they pass away as you erroneously believe.Is it that you did not know there were prophecies in the Law(Torah)?It is in fulfilling these prophecies in the Law,the Prophets and the Psalms that he is shown to be the Messiah spoken of in these books.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And the study just explained what is meant by "not under law" and it does not mean what you say.

You are very inventive as there is no scripture which says, "If one law has fallen then the entire law system has fallen.".You are just making it up as you go along.

The simple fact that you will admit to keeping nine of the ten commands show that your theory is false and hypocritical.
Thanks for the compliment.

See this phrase 'the law', in the New Testament that phrase always signifies the whole law.

If just one jot of the law falls, then the whole law itself will also fall. If circumcision is invalid then the law of Moses is invalid. There are no exceptions.

I don't keep any of the written law because I am under the perfect law, the law of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

See this phrase 'the law', in the New Testament that phrase always signifies the whole law.

If just one jot of the law falls, then the whole law itself will also fall. If circumcision is invalid then the law of Moses is invalid. There are no exceptions.

I don't keep any of the written law because I am under the perfect law, the law of Christ.

Well that is not true David.

Please prove your claims that everytime the phrase the law is used it is in reference to the whole law?

It is the within scripture and chapter CONTEXT that determines what law is being referred to. Your claim that everytime the words "the law" is used is referring to the whole law is simply not true. A few of many examples provided below as a help to you...

For example

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.

The context here is God's LAW giving the knowledge of what SIN is and referencing the context using the example of one of God's 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:17 (10th commandment)

and again..

ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

and again..

JAMES 2:8-10 [8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well:[9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

CONTEXT again in both cases is the 10 commandments both scripture references are quoting one or more of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments).

This next context is to the whole law here...

MATTHEW 5:17 [17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Context here is all the law and the prophets.

It is the CONTEXT of the scripture that determines what law is the topic of discussion. That above are only a few examples. There are many more in HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9; HEBREWS 10; COLOSSIANS 2 etc etc...

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well that is not true David.
Yes it is.
Please prove your claims that everytime the phrase the law is used it is in reference to the whole law?
There is never an exception in the New Testament.
It is the within scripture and chapter CONTEXT that determines what law is being referred to. Your claim that everytime the words "the law" is used is referring to the whole law is simply not true. A few of many examples provided below as a help to you...
Or so you have been taught.
ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.
Correct LGW, that is the law.
The context here is God's LAW giving the knowledge of what SIN is and referencing the context using the example of one of God's 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:17 (10th commandment)
The text does not say 'God's LAW', that is your creative interpretation saying that. The text says 'the law', this proves my point.
ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
That is what I am saying LGW, the text only ever says 'the law', the text never says what you say 'God's law'.
JAMES 2:8-10 [8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well:[9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
This is the third example that proves what I am saying, there should be no doubt that the law includes the commandments.

Thanks for the verses LGW.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is. There is never an exception in the New Testament. Or so you have been taught.
Well that is not true David. You have been provided God's WORD proving your claims to be untrue. Your response is that God's WORD is not true because you say so? You have been provided direct scripture examples on all sides showing your statement it not true and you only provide your own words for your claims. You are denying the scriptures provided showing that it is the CONTEXT that determines what law is being discussed even after providing scripture to show that what your claiming is not true. Your words brother do not make God's WORD disappear.
The text does not say 'God's LAW', that is your creative interpretation saying that. The text says 'the law', this proves my point.
Rubbish. The law being spoken of here as shown through the scriptures alone in ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 13:8-10 and JAMES 2:8-11 are all referring to God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments). Each of these scripture examples provided are all quoting directly from God's 10 commandments. This proves the point being made and shows your claim that every time the words "the law" is used is NOT referring to all the laws. These scriptures are referring directly to God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) not the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 from the BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7.
That is what I am saying LGW, the text only ever says 'the law', the text never says what you say 'God's law'. This is the third example that proves what I am saying, there should be no doubt that the law includes the commandments. Thanks for the verses LGW.
Once again your claim, was that everytime the word "the law" is used it is referring to all of the laws. The scriptures quoted to you show that your claim brother is not true as the scriptures quoted are in reference to God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) not all of the laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law as you have claimed.

As posted earlier brother your claim that everytime the words "the law" is used is refering to "all the laws" of the bible is a false one. You have been provided scripture that deomstrates that it is the within scripture and chapter CONTEXT that determines what laws are being referred to in God's WORD.

Only sent in love and as a help to you brother. God's WORD disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kermos

God is the Potter, and we are the clay.
Feb 10, 2019
United States
Visit site
✟38,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."
(Exodus 19:5-6)

"YHVH said to Moses, 'Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and may also believe in you forever.' Then Moses told the words of the people to YHVH."
(Exodus 19:9)

"I am YHVH your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

You shall have no other gods before Me."
(Exodus 20:2-3)

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."
(Exodus 20:8)

"Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, 'All that YHVH has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!'"
(Exodus 24:7)

"So Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, 'Behold the blood of the covenant, which YHVH has made with you in accordance with all these words.'"
(Exodus 24:8)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
(John 1:1)

"Jesus said to them, 'If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.'"
(John 8:42)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy."
(Matthew 5:17)

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
(Matthew 11:28)

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
(John 13:34)

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."
(John 14:15)

"And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.'"
(Luke 22:20)

"When He said, 'A new [covenant],' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."
(Hebrews 8:13)

"It is finished!"
(John 19:30)

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian

You are welcome although I don't see why you would be happy to be an,Idolater,Image maker and worshiper, Blasphemer, Dishonourer of parents,Murderer,Adulterer, Thief,False witness,Coveter.

You say:
"See this phrase 'the law', in the New Testament that phrase always signifies the whole law."

This is patently false,and only a novice to the scriptures could say this.Just one example. When Paul says:

"Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."(Romans 8:7)

Which law is he referring to here?Are you carnal since you "don't keep any of the written law" ?

You also wrote:

"If just one jot of the law falls, then the whole law itself will also fall."

This is the gospel according to you.Which scriptures say this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
"'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."
(Exodus 19:5-6)

"YHVH said to Moses, 'Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and may also believe in you forever.' Then Moses told the words of the people to YHVH."
(Exodus 19:9)

"I am YHVH your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

You shall have no other gods before Me."
(Exodus 20:2-3)

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."
(Exodus 20:8)

"Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, 'All that YHVH has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!'"
(Exodus 24:7)

"So Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, 'Behold the blood of the covenant, which YHVH has made with you in accordance with all these words.'"
(Exodus 24:8)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
(John 1:1)

"Jesus said to them, 'If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.'"
(John 8:42)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy."
(Matthew 5:17)

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
(Matthew 11:28)

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
(John 13:34)

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."
(John 14:15)

"And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.'"
(Luke 22:20)

(Hebrews 8:13)

"It is finished!"
(John 19:30)

We all know and agree that a covenant was made with Israel,by God and had Moses as intermediary.Was this covenant only for Israel while the rest of the world could live anyway they choose?Why did God punish the nations around Israel for their sins?What was their standard for living?How could they escape punishment from God?

We also all agree that we are in a new covenant established through the death of Jesus.With whom was this covenant made?What was prophesied concerning how God's law was to be viewed in this covenant?How would the subjects of the covenant view the laws of God?What is the definition of sin according to the apostles who wrote about this covenant?

If you answer these questions using the scriptures then your misunderstandings(as implied in the scriptures you quote) could be alleviated.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Ace of Hearts said the truth well to you!

You quoted quite a bit of scripture, there.

You try to insert your imaginations into the scripture with highlights of the text. For example, in Revelation 12:17, you did not highlight "and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" which implies that it is less important in some manner to you. The "commandments of God" are:

"This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" (Matthew 17:5)

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17)

"It is finished!" (John 19:30)

That is testimony of Jesus Christ, words and actions (action at the cross), the witness of Lord Jesus. Since Jesus said "It is finished!" then anyone who says otherwise or teaches otherwise contradicts the Word of God such as He is come to satisfy the Law.

Concerning Revelation 14:12, we find "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus". Faith and belief are synonyms. Again, "commandments of God" as well as "the faith of Jesus" are:

"the government will rest on His shoulders" (Isaiah 9:6)

"whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of [its] stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!" (Matthew 18:6-7)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:5-8)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?" (John 5:26-27)

Powerful Word! Moses said:

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him. This is according to all that you asked of the LORD your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.' The LORD said to me, 'They have spoken well. I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require [it] of him." (Deuteronomy 18:15-19)

In 1 John 2:3-4, the "His commandments" are "Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments" because 1 John 2:1 identifies Him, here is verse 1: "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

Let's just see what the Apostle John has to say about someone who does not keep "Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments" as he recorded as a reminder, becuase you did quote the verse:

"The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4)

So, John the Beloved Apostle wrote essentially this, the person who says "I have come to know Jesus," and does not keep Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Hmm, your version of 1 John 3:3-10 is different than the NASB (of particular concern is your version of 1 John 3:4 and also 1 John 3:8), so I include a verse by verse comparison, here is the passage:

NASB: 3 And everyone who has this hope [fixed] on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
YOURS: 3, And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.

NASB 4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
YOURS 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

(N.B. for verse 4, the Greek word anomia and anomian is there which translates to lawless. That "a" in anomia is like the "a" in atheist, a theist beleives in a god, but an atheist is godless)

NASB 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
YOURS 5, And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

NASB 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
YOURS 6, Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.

NASB 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
YOURS 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

NASB 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
YOURS 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

(N.B. for verse 8:
[1] your version carries a weaker meaning with "commits sin" as opposed to the NASB "practices sin".
[2} the text refers to the fallen world from the beginning by way of "the devil has sinned from the beginning".
[3] your version states wrongly that Jesus "might destroy the works of the devil"; on the other hand, the NASB states that Jesus appeared "to destroy the works of the devil"!
[4] The Greek agrees with the NASB translation.)

NASB 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
YOURS 9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

NASB 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
YOURS 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother

Praise God, 1 John 3:3-10 agrees with the Apostle Paul's writing! Here it is for remembrance sake:

"he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law" (Romans 13:8)

And the word of Jesus with:

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy" (Matthew 5:17)

"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'" (Matthew 5:23)

In the next passage, notice the result of the one who hears Jesus' words but does not act on them - and that one's relationship to "PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS" and that one's house:

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven [will enter]. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and [yet] it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell - and great was its fall." (Matthew 7:21-27)

The Father in heaven says to listen to Jesus (Matthew 17:5)!

You wrote:

“NASB 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
YOURS 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

(N.B. for verse 8:
[1] your version carries a weaker meaning with "commits sin" as opposed to the NASB "practices sin".
[2} the text refers to the fallen world from the beginning by way of "the devil has sinned from the beginning".
[3] your version states wrongly that Jesus "might destroy the works of the devil"; on the other hand, the NASB states that Jesus appeared "to destroy the works of the devil"!
[4] The Greek agrees with the NASB translation.)”

The above statements in bold is another example of the lack substance in your arguments as you resort to pitting bible versions against each other in order to destroy a straw man of your own making.

Commit - to do(something that is illegal or harmful)

Additionally it means: to carry into action deliberately, to pledge or assign to some particular course or use, to obligate or pledge oneself.

With this meaning in mind we see that the words commit and committeth (KJV) would carry the same weight as “practices”. Nothing wrong with the translation of that passage in the other poster’s version nor in the KJV.

You seem to think that the word “might” used in the other poster’s version or in the KJV gives an air of uncertainty to the situation. However the meaning again shows this is not always so.

Might - used in auxiliary function to express permission, liberty…

With this meaning in mind, here again, there is no lessening of the force of the meaning in the other poster’s version when compared to your version. This just another invention of yours, in an attempt to avoid the truth,

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome although I don't see why you would be happy to be an,Idolater,Image maker and worshiper, Blasphemer, Dishonourer of parents,Murderer,Adulterer, Thief,False witness,Coveter.

You say:
"See this phrase 'the law', in the New Testament that phrase always signifies the whole law."

This is patently false,and only a novice to the scriptures could say this.Just one example. When Paul says:

"Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."(Romans 8:7)

Which law is he referring to here?Are you carnal since you "don't keep any of the written law" ?

You also wrote:

"If just one jot of the law falls, then the whole law itself will also fall."

This is the gospel according to you.Which scriptures say this?
Law of Moses
The Hebrew word for the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, Torah (which means "law" and was translated into Greek as "nomos" or "Law") refers to the same five books termed in English "Pentateuch" (from Latinised Greek "five books," implying the five books of Moses). (wikipedia)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Law of Moses
The Hebrew word for the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, Torah (which means "law" and was translated into Greek as "nomos" or "Law") refers to the same five books termed in English "Pentateuch" (from Latinised Greek "five books," implying the five books of Moses). (wikipedia)

David, the HEBREW and GREEK words do not have single and specific word meanings like they do in the english. The HEBREW and GREEK words normally have multiple meanings and it is their application within the scriptures and chapter as to how they are used that determines what the word meanings are. For example;

GREEK
the law νόμος; nomos G3551 From a primary word νέμω nemō (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), generally (regulation), specifically (of Moses [including the volume]; also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle): - law.

Multiple meanings of nomos

1. Parcel out food to grazing animals
2. Law by application
3. Regulations from the book of the law of Moses also Gospel
4. Priciple law.

So how do we determine the correct application of the many meanings here for Nomos?

HEBREW
the law; תּורה תּרה; tôrâh tôrâh From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Multiple meanings of torah

1. Precept
2. Statute
3. The above as applied to either Decologue or the Pentateuch

So how do we determine the correct application of the meanings here for Torah if it is applied to God's 10 commandments (decologue) or Pentateuch (Book of the law of Moses)?

As shown earlier in the earlier posts using scripture examples, it is the within SCRIPTURE and CHAPTER CONTEXT that determines the correct meaning and application of the Greek or Hebrew word being used.

You cannot use and take a GREEK and HEBREW WORD in ISOLATION of the scripture and chapter context to determine what the WORD meaning is as there is multiple applications and it is the scripture and chapter context that determines meaning. This is why you were provided different scripture examples in the earlier posts that show your claims that every time the Greek word "the law" are used always means every law in the bible is a false claim.

It is the application of the HEBREW or GREEK words used within the scriptures and chapter context that determine the correct word meaning and application.

Can you see your error here brother?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Law of Moses

You haven't/can't answer my questions??

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.