WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So my question is what provided the light and darkness on day one?

Why do you expect me to answer your questions if you ignore mine? Tell you what how bout you answer my question to you and I will then answer yours?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
David please do not simply say I am wrong when you ignore the scriptures, questions asked of you and the outside sources that disagree with what you are saying. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.

Please by all means prove your claims that the NEW MOON reset the WEEK? If you cannot why pretend that anyone is wrong without addressing the scriptures; questions and sources they have provided that disagree with what you have posted?

Firstly, If the NEW MOON was created on the 4th Day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:14-19 and God's SABBATH was created on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week *GENESIS 2:1-3 how can the SABBATH start on a NEW MOON?

The NEW MOON determines a NEW MONTH and does not reset the days of a week which are a continuous seven day weekly cycle and the NEW MOON does not always fall on the SEVENTH DAY on the HEBREW calander or our Saturday.

Only sent in love as a help to you brother.
But the new moon does reset the weekly cycle.
You do not understand the lunar cycles or calendar.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But the new moon does reset the weekly cycle. You do not understand the lunar cycles or calendar.

I see so, you should be believed here because you say so even though you have been provided scripture and outside sources from Wiki; Judaism 101 and Israel Scrience and Technology all on the Luna calander and its cycle and elsewhere that all disagree with you. So in essence your saying that all of Israel who have been keeping the SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbath for 1000's of years have it wrong?

Despite this you claim that we should believe your words even though you have no scripture and cannot prove any claims you are making with God's WORD or outside references? Sorry brother only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Please brother by all means prove what you are claiming which is that EVERY SABBATH is a NEW MOON and EVERY NEW MOON resets the days of the week? You cannot can you.

God's WORD says that the SABBATH is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. While the NEW MOON is once a month. The MOON was created on DAY 4 of the creation week and the SABBATH on day 7. Do the math.

More showing the Luna Sabbath false teaching here click me; and here click me; and here click me; and here click me.

*Biblical Sabbath here click me (wiki)

Only sent in love brother and only as a help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Was it (the new moons day) counted like any other day of the week, or was it kept out of that...?

Now I guess you'd have to include it or count it now, wouldn't you...? cause it's still a day that passes or has passed right, and even one day, not included or excluded as a part of the week/month or whatever, would throw off the week, and the rest of it right...? So that they would not be the same, right...? I mean having an eighth day at all would basically crush any similarities right...? literally I mean, or actually or factually or historically...? So that they are not synchronous and cannot be, ect...?

I still don't know at this point...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you expect me to answer your questions if you ignore mine? Tell you what how bout you answer my question to you and I will then answer yours?
If the first sabbath day of the month is the 8th, when is the New Moon that begins the month? Doesn't it have to be the 1st day as in day 1? The sabbath is the last day of the week, the 7th day after the previous sabbath.

Now please answer my question.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If the first sabbath day of the month is the 8th, when is the New Moon that begins the month? Doesn't it have to be the 1st day as in day 1? The sabbath is the last day of the week, the 7th day after the previous sabbath.

Your speaking hypotheticals that do not exist. God's SABBATH according to God's WORD is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. End of story. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleve and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. The NEW MOON brings in a NEW MONTH and does not RE-SET the WEEK which is a 7 day continual weekly cycle. A NEW MOON can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All you have to do is read GENESIS 1 and GENENSIS 2 to see that the NEW MOON SABBATH claim is a false one.

If the NEW MOON was created on the 4th Day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:14-19 and the God's SABBATH was created on the SEVENTH DAY *GENESIS 2:1-3 of the creation week how can the SABBATH start on a NEW MOON?
God didn't create the sabbath on the 7th day of creation. Your proof text is Ex 20:11. There's nothing in Genesis to show God took a periodic rest and returned to creating (His work). There's also nothing in Ex 20:11 indicating the same day. The text of the 4th says work 6 days and take a day of physical rest, then work 6 more days and take another day of physical rest. This isn't the rest of God, He swore they would never enter.
It would also have to reset the weekly seven day cycle which is continuous every NEW MOON which it does not. The NEW MOON Sabbath is a false teaching not supported by God's WORD.
Since there's only 30 days in a lunar month at most and the first sabbath is always the 8th day, someone has some explaining to do. This isn't true on our solar calendar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since there's only 30 days in a lunar month at most and the first sabbath is always the 8th day, someone has some explaining to do. This isn't true on our solar calendar.
Why your speaking hypotheticals that do not exist. God's SABBATH according to God's WORD is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. End of story. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleve and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. The NEW MOON brings in a NEW MONTH and does not RE-SET the WEEK which is a 7 day continual weekly cycle. A NEW MOON can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
NOT UNDER LAW

When confronted with certain of the
commands,which should be observed by Christians but which are largely ignored by the majority,those who ignore these commands will boldly say; they are not under the law but under grace.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you:for ye are not under the law,but under grace."[Romans 6:14]

To understand what is meant by "not under the law" we must know what it is to be under grace.

Grace - (5485,Strong' s)charis, from 5463;graciousness( as gratifying), of manner or act(abstr.or concr.;lit., fig.or spiritual;espec. the divine influence upon the heart,and its reflection in the life;including gratitude):

With regards to God's act towards sinners it is thus defined as:The kindness by which God bestows favours and blessings upon the ill deserving,and grants to sinners pardon of their offenses,otherwise called unmeruted favour.(Bible dictionary - The Family Bible)

To be under grace is therefore not speaking of the Christian using something other than the law of God to define sin or right living but of the way sin is dealt with ie. how God treats sinners.

To be under law in this context would be a reference, therefore ,also to the way in which sin is dealt with by the law.The passage alludes to this as it says;

"For sin shall not have dominion over you:.."

This passage speaks of a change in the way sin and its consequences are to be treated,all because of the actions of Christ.[See, Romans 6:9-11]

How was sin and sinners treated before Christ, the Messiah came to save His people?How did sin have dominion over man?

In the old covenant sin had dominion over man in two ways.

(i)Sinners had a curse pronounced against them for failing to keep the commands of the law.Also any sinner discovered was likely to be punished for his sin and death by various means was one of the punishments. [Deuteronomy 27:26;Exodus 21:12-24;Leviticus 24:10-23;Deuteronomy 19:11-21;17: 2-13;Hebrews 10:28.]

(ii)There were onerous ceremonies which were to be performed in order to approach God in worship and to atone for the sins of the people.[See, Leviticus 1-7,16,23]

"And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you to make atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year.And he did as the Lord commanded Moses"[Leviticus 16:34]

However these sacrifices and ceremonies for sin were only temporary measures put in place until Christ should have made the sacrifice which would remove sin and its consequent result of eternal separation from God.All these(temporary measures) were called patterns,figures and shadows.[Exodus 25:9,40;Hebrews 8:5;9:22-28; 10:1-10]

To continue to administer the punishments, to refuse to acknowledge the true and perfect sacrifice of Jesus and to continue to trust in the sacrifices and ceremonies is to be under the law.

It is God's grace in making the sacrifice of Jesus available to all,but God's grace does not replace the commands which were broken and which caused the sacrifices and ceremonies to be introduced,Hence Paul asks:

"What then? shall we sin,because we are not under the law,but under grace?God forbid."[Romans 6:15]

The writer of Hebrews says we have been redeemed from transgressions described by the first covenant:

"And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament,that by means of death,for the redemption of transgressions that were under the first testament,they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance" [Hebrews 9:15]

Paul was also able to say he was:

"...being not without law to God but under the law to Christ..." [I Corinthians 9:21]

He also says the law is that which identifies sin.[See,Romans 3:20b;7:7]

This clearly shows Paul was still subject to parts of the law and prophets but that the Lord Jesus Christ had replaced portions which related to His death.Hence Christians are not under the law but are still subject to the commands in the law and prophets which define sin,right and wrong.

The ten commandments are referred to in this way where Christian life is concerned.[See, Romans:13: 8-10;I Corinthians 7:19;Hebrews 8:10;James 2:10-12]

The best example of what is involved in being under grace is seen in the case of the woman caught in adultery.

The woman was found guilty of breaking the command:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery."[Exodus 20:14]

According to the law she was to have been stoned to death.[Leviticus 20:10;John 8:5]

Grace was excercised and Jesus said; "...Neither do I condemn thee.."[John 8:11]

Jesus did not prescribe any remedy for atonement according to the law.[eg.Leviticus 16:1-34]

However at the end of it all, she was told :

"...go and sin no more. "[John 8:11]

Hence; " Thou shalt not commit adultery", still stands and she is still subject to the law of God even thou grace freed her from the penalty of sin.

It is the same now, as we access this grace by faith but are to practice the "good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."[Ephesians 2:8-10]

Many persons teach the opposite of this,as they claim those who observe the ten commandments and other aspects of the law which define right living (righteousness) are under a curse,fallen from grace and are trying to earn their own salvation.

Jesus and the apostles knew there would be persons who would attempt to distort the gospel in this way and their words on this subject are clear.

Jesus knew there would be many who would claim to believe and have faith in Him.He states clearly that this must be accompanied by their obedience:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him,if ye continue in my word,then are ye my disciples indeed."[John 8:31]

Paul said it this way:

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing,nor uncircumcision, but faith which worketh by love."[Galatians 5:6]

James makes it clear that our faith is dead unless accompanied by our works:

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified,and not by faith only....For as the body without the spirit is dead,so faith without works is dead also."[James 2:24,26]

John states clearly it is not wrong for us as Christians to do works of righteousness:

"Little children let no man decieve you:he that doeth righteousness is righteous,even as He is righteous."[ I John 3:7]

In conclusion;we must have faith in the sacrifice of Christ in order for us to gain forgiveness and remission of our sins.Any one who continues to trust in the shadows (sacrifices and ceremonies) is still under the law and is condemned to die for; "all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God;" so all have to depend on Christ for salvation.[Romans 3:23,28]

The law is not made completely void however as it still identifies sin and right living and hence Paul asks:

"Do we then make void the law through faith?"

And answers:

"God forbid we establish the law."[Romans 3:31]

The law which is established includes the ten commandments. [Romans 13:8-18;7:7; 2:10-13,21- 23;I Timothy 1:9-11]

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your speaking hypotheticals that do not exist. God's SABBATH according to God's WORD is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. End of story. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleve and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. The NEW MOON brings in a NEW MONTH and does not RE-SET the WEEK which is a 7 day continual weekly cycle. A NEW MOON can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.
Then let me state it the hard way (not hypothetical), the first sabbath of the month is always the 8th. That would make the New Moon fall on what we call a week grid our Saturday. No matter how you state it the lunar year is 11 days shorter than the solar year our calendar is based on. Thus the true sabbath can't be our Saturday.

But since the real issue here is observance of the sabbath, it includes the personal physical acts as well. If we discuss them we will find you have servants working on your behalf every sabbath. So the bottom line is you still don't keep the sabbath as Ex 20:8-11 requires.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
NOT UNDER LAW

When confronted with certain of the
commands,which should be observed by Christians but which are largely ignored by the majority,those who ignore these commands will boldly say; they are not under the law but under grace.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you:for ye are not under the law,but under grace."[Romans 6:14]

To understand what is meant by "not under the law" we must know what it is to be under grace.

Grace - (5485,Strong' s)charis, from 5463;graciousness( as gratifying), of manner or act(abstr.or concr.;lit., fig.or spiritual;espec. the divine influence upon the heart,and its reflection in the life;including gratitude):

With regards to God's act towards sinners it is thus defined as:The kindness by which God bestows favours and blessings upon the ill deserving,and grants to sinners pardon of their offenses,otherwise called unmeruted favour.(Bible dictionary - The Family Bible)

To be under grace is therefore not speaking of the Christian using something other than the law of God to define sin or right living but of the way sin is dealt with ie. how God treats sinners.

To be under law in this context would be a reference, therefore ,also to the way in which sin is dealt with by the law.The passage alludes to this as it says;

"For sin shall not have dominion over you:.."

This passage speaks of a change in the way sin and its consequences are to be treated,all because of the actions of Christ.[See, Romans 6:9-11]

How was sin and sinners treated before Christ, the Messiah came to save His people?How did sin have dominion over man?

In the old covenant sin had dominion over man in two ways.

(i)Sinners had a curse pronounced against them for failing to keep the commands of the law.Also any sinner discovered was likely to be punished for his sin and death by various means was one of the punishments. [Deuteronomy 27:26;Exodus 21:12-24;Leviticus 24:10-23;Deuteronomy 19:11-21;17: 2-13;Hebrews 10:28.]

(ii)There were onerous ceremonies which were to be performed in order to approach God in worship and to atone for the sins of the people.[See, Leviticus 1-7,16,23]

"And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you to make atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year.And he did as the Lord commanded Moses"[Leviticus 16:34]

However these sacrifices and ceremonies for sin were only temporary measures put in place until Christ should have made the sacrifice which would remove sin and its consequent result of eternal separation from God.All these(temporary measures) were called patterns,figures and shadows.[Exodus 25:9,40;Hebrews 8:5;9:22-28; 10:1-10]

To continue to administer the punishments, to refuse to acknowledge the true and perfect sacrifice of Jesus and to continue to trust in the sacrifices and ceremonies is to be under the law.

It is God's grace in making the sacrifice of Jesus available to all,but God's grace does not replace the commands which were broken and which caused the sacrifices and ceremonies to be introduced,Hence Paul asks:

"What then? shall we sin,because we are not under the law,but under grace?God forbid."[Romans 6:15]

The writer of Hebrews says we have been redeemed from transgressions described by the first covenant:

"And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament,that by means of death,for the redemption of transgressions that were under the first testament,they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance" [Hebrews 9:15]

Paul was also able to say he was:

"...being not without law to God but under the law to Christ..." [I Corinthians 9:21]

He also says the law is that which identifies sin.[See,Romans 3:20b;7:7]

This clearly shows Paul was still subject to parts of the law and prophets but that the Lord Jesus Christ had replaced portions which related to His death.Hence Christians are not under the law but are still subject to the commands in the law and prophets which define sin,right and wrong.

The ten commandments are referred to in this way where Christian life is concerned.[See, Romans:13: 8-10;I Corinthians 7:19;Hebrews 8:10;James 2:10-12]

The best example of what is involved in being under grace is seen in the case of the woman caught in adultery.

The woman was found guilty of breaking the command:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery."[Exodus 20:14]

According to the law she was to have been stoned to death.[Leviticus 20:10;John 8:5]

Grace was excercised and Jesus said; "...Neither do I condemn thee.."[John 8:11]

Jesus did not prescribe any remedy for atonement according to the law.[eg.Leviticus 16:1-34]

However at the end of it all, she was told :

"...go and sin no more. "[John 8:11]

Hence; " Thou shalt not commit adultery", still stands and she is still subject to the law of God even thou grace freed her from the penalty of sin.

It is the same now, as we access this grace by faith but are to practice the "good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."[Ephesians 2:8-10]

Many persons teach the opposite of this,as they claim those who observe the ten commandments and other aspects of the law which define right living (righteousness) are under a curse,fallen from grace and are trying to earn their own salvation.

Jesus and the apostles knew there would be persons who would attempt to distort the gospel in this way and their words on this subject are clear.

Jesus knew there would be many who would claim to believe and have faith in Him.He states clearly that this must be accompanied by their obedience:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him,if ye continue in my word,then are ye my disciples indeed."[John 8:31]

Paul said it this way:

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing,nor uncircumcision, but faith which worketh by love."[Galatians 5:6]

James makes it clear that our faith is dead unless accompanied by our works:

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified,and not by faith only....For as the body without the spirit is dead,so faith without works is dead also."[James 2:24,26]

John states clearly it is not wrong for us as Christians to do works of righteousness:

"Little children let no man decieve you:he that doeth righteousness is righteous,even as He is righteous."[ I John 3:7]

In conclusion;we must have faith in the sacrifice of Christ in order for us to gain forgiveness and remission of our sins.Any one who continues to trust in the shadows (sacrifices and ceremonies) is still under the law and is condemned to die for; "all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God;" so all have to depend on Christ for salvation.[Romans 3:23,28]

The law is not made completely void however as it still identifies sin and right living and hence Paul asks:

"Do we then make void the law through faith?"

And answers:

"God forbid we establish the law."[Romans 3:31]

The law which is established includes the ten commandments. [Romans 13:8-18;7:7; 2:10-13,21- 23;I Timothy 1:9-11]
There is a difference between being under the law and establishing the law.

The law includes the ten commandments and over six hundred other laws. If one law has fallen then the entire law system has fallen. You cannot pick and pack, you cannot attempt to keep any subset of these laws.

You misunderstand the New Testament.

We are UNDER Grace and not UNDER the law.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see so, you should be believed here because you say so even though you have been provided scripture and outside sources from Wiki; Judaism 101 and Israel Scrience and Technology all on the Luna calander and its cycle and elsewhere that all disagree with you. So in essence your saying that all of Israel who have been keeping the SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbath for 1000's of years have it wrong?

Despite this you claim that we should believe your words even though you have no scripture and cannot prove any claims you are making with God's WORD or outside references? Sorry brother only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Please brother by all means prove what you are claiming which is that EVERY SABBATH is a NEW MOON and EVERY NEW MOON resets the days of the week? You cannot can you.

God's WORD says that the SABBATH is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. While the NEW MOON is once a month. The MOON was created on DAY 4 of the creation week and the SABBATH on day 7. Do the math.

More showing the Luna Sabbath false teaching here click me; and here click me; and here click me; and here click me.

You must include the new moon in your reckoning, the count follows the day of the new moon. This is simple scripture and surely you see the error of your way.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then let me state it the hard way (not hypothetical), the first sabbath of the month is always the 8th. That would make the New Moon fall on what we call a week grid our Saturday. No matter how you state it the lunar year is 11 days shorter than the solar year our calendar is based on. Thus the true sabbath can't be our Saturday.

But since the real issue here is observance of the sabbath, it includes the personal physical acts as well. If we discuss them we will find you have servants working on your behalf every sabbath. So the bottom line is you still don't keep the sabbath as Ex 20:8-11 requires.

Well that is not true brother :). Both God's WORD and JEWISH resources all disagree with you.

SCRIPTURE

God's SABBATH according to God's WORD is the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK *GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:8-11. End of story. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleve and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. The NEW MOON brings in a NEW MONTH and does not RE-SET the WEEK which is a 7 day continual weekly cycle. A NEW MOON can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

REFERENCES OUTSIDE OF GOD'S WORD.

*Luna Sabbath false teaching here click me; and here click me; and here click me; and here click me.

* Hebrew Luna Calander and NEW MOON cycles from Wiki; Judaism 101 and Israel Scrience and Technology and elsewhere that all disagree with you.

So in essence your saying that all of Israel who have been keeping the SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbath for 1000's of years have it wrong?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only sent in love brother but your post has no truth in it. I have provided God's WORD and it disagrees with you. You have not provided a single scripture inside of God's WORD or outside that supports the NEW MOON SABBATH theory.

Now let's be honest here. You have no scripture do you and you have provided none. Please show from scripture or elsewhere that at the start of every new MOON is a SEVENTH DAY SABBATH and the weekly cycle which is continuous changes the days in the week?

also...

If the NEW MOON was created on the 4th Day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:14-19 and the God's SABBATH was created on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week how can the SABBATH start on a NEW MOON?

Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

This only further shows that your promoting a false teaching brother

You can read more about the Luna Sabbath false teaching here click me; and here click me; and here click me; and here click me.

Hope this helps.
I'll check out your links. They're quite extensive. Don't expect me to comment on them anytime soon. The ones that appear to be SDA related sites I'll totally dismiss.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You must include the new moon in your reckoning, the count follows the day of the new moon. This is simple scripture and surely you see the error of your way.

What do you think the linked posts I have provided to you on the Hebrew luna calander is talking about from Wiki; Judaism 101 and Israel Scrience and Technology all on the Luna calander and its cycle and elsewhere that all disagree with you?

Please brother by all means prove what you are claiming which is that EVERY SABBATH is a NEW MOON and EVERY NEW MOON resets the days of the week? Fact is you cannot can you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

You have the wrong calendar in those links. They are referring to a solar-lunar calendar and that is not the simple lunar calendar that we see in Exodus and Leviticus.

Why do these links try to reconcile the solar year with the lunar year. No need to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have the wrong calendar in those links. They are referring to a solar-lunar calendar and that is not the simple lunar calendar that we see in Exodus and Leviticus.

Why do these links try to reconcile the solar year with the lunar year. No need to do that.

You are confused again David. The Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar, meaning that months are based on lunar months (NEW MOONS), but years are based on solar years.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do you think the linked posts I have provided to you on the Hebrew luna calander is talking about from Wiki; Judaism 101 and Israel Scrience and Technology all on the Luna calander and its cycle and elsewhere that all disagree with you?

Please brother by all means prove what you are claiming which is that EVERY SABBATH is a NEW MOON and EVERY NEW MOON resets the days of the week? Fact is you cannot can you.

God reset the calendar in Exodus so the Sabbath observance was not continuous since creation. That's assuming there was a Sabbath before Exodus.

Exodus 12:2
This month shall be the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year to you.

A new calendar count was started right here, forget the past everything has changed.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are confused again David. The Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar, meaning that months are based on lunar months (NEW MOONS), but years are based on solar years.
Negative, the Hebrews only knew the lunar calendar. A solar year was a much later development in history. Your missing the history of the development of the calendars.

The papal calendar did not begin until the sixteenth century. I reject the timing of your Sabbaths.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Negative, the Hebrews only knew the lunar calendar. A solar year was a much later development in history. Your missing the history of the development of the calendars.

The papal calendar did not begin until the sixteenth century. I reject the timing of your Sabbaths.

David. Please prove your claims instead of saying things that have no basis in fact or scripture. A Luni/Sola calander is not a sola calander. Your confused brother. The Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar, meaning that months are based on lunar months (NEW MOONS), but years are based on solar years. The Luni/Sola calander uses the sightings of the NEW MOON to determine the start of a NEW month.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.