WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see you have misunderstood the passage(Matthew 5:17,18)even though you agreed with my post on the same(#725)It is the prophecies in the Law and Prophets that Jesus said he would fulfill and hence none of these prophecies will pass until He has fulfilled them all.This is confirmed by Luke 24:27,44-47)To say this provides a condition for the law to pass is not entirely correct.
Really? Then since the law hasn't passed in your opinion Jesus is in violation of the law by Heb 7:12. Your idea must be the earth is still here so the law is still in effect. Just not what the verse says.

Then we have -

LK 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

So I ask, if you believe all the Scripture? Then we can get into more discussion.

Galatians tells us the law had a limited time of jurisdiction by saying "added ...till." The Seed is Jesus.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You want scripture to prove they went by a lunar calendar, or what exactly...?
The new moon celebration should be enough to establish the fact they went by the lunar calendar. There are 13 months in a lunar year.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
David thanks for your post but your mixing up the shadow sabbaths of the ANNUAL FEAST days with God's ETERNAL LAW and 4th commandment of God's SEVETH DAY weekly SABBATH that is every SEVENTH DAY. It is the ANNUAL FEAST days that are determined by the Luna calander not God's 4th commandment which is simply every SEVENTH DAY of the week. You do not need a NEW MOON to determine the weekly Sabbath. It is the ANNUAL FEASTS, days of holy convocation and special sabbaths of the OLD COVENANT that were determined by the Luna cycle.

1. THE ANNUAL SHADOW FEAST SABBATHS <PLURAL> from the SHADOW laws of Moses *EXODUS 24:7 are special annual ceremonial sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

The Hebrew Word for these sabbaths is H7677 שׁבּתון shabbâthôn shab-baw-thone' is From H7676; and means a sabbatism or SPECIAL HOLIDAY: - rest, sabbath.

This sabbath can fall on any day of the seek
and is only used in the annual Jewish festivals of Feasts of Trumpets (Lev 23:24) or Day of Atonement (Lev 23:32 or Feast of Booths (Lev 23:39). These feasts are NOT fulfilled and Shadows of things to come Col 2 v17 (e.g. 2nd coming, close of probation and judgement and God's people saved from their temporary dwelling on earth to the earth made new) NOTE: Col v17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. It is NOT fulfilled and has NOT finished and IS to COME. These are temporary Shadow Sabbaths showing God's plan of salvation.

2. GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT WEEKLY SABBATH which is one of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). The Hebrew word use here for Sabbath has a DIFFERENT Hebrew word used compared to the ceremonial Sabbath of H7677. The Hebrew Word used here is H7676 and means H7676 שַׁבָּת shabbath (shab-bawth') n-e.1. intermission, a period of temporary rest.2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest. [intensive from H7673]KJV: (+ every) sabbath. Root(s): H7673. The root word comes from H7673 which comes from the creation week of Genesis 2:1-3 and means shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion. KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

God's Sabbath is a memorial of creation and part of a FINISHED WORK BEFORE SIN entered the WORLD. If it is part of a FINISHED work BEFORE SIN then it cannot be a SHADOW law of the plan of salvation because it was BEFORE the fall of mankind. Just like all the other 10 commandments God's Word says they are FOREVER and the very standard of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and the JUDGEMENT to come.

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God says is FOREVER nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

CONCLUSION: The luna calander
(NEW MOONS etc) according to God's WORD was for signs and seasons *GENESIS 1:14-19. This was important under the OLD COVENANT as the NEW MOONS timed the ANNUAL FEASTS of LEVITICUS 23. This does not effect God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of the 4th commandment which is simply once a week, every SEVENTH DAY. Your getting the sabbaths in the ANNUAL FEAST days and NEW MOONS mixed up with God's WEEKLY SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of Gods 4th Commandment which is every SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK. You do not need a luna calander to determine this as it is every SEVENTH DAY of the week.

Hope this helps
Have you ever noticed what we call Easter can be on different week ends from year to year? Have you ever noticed the new moon is at different weeks and days every month?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All these scripture you posted David support my post to you and that is these scriptures are in reference to the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS that the NEW MOONS and luna calander point to under the OLD COVENANT not God's 4th commandment which is every SEVENTH DAY of the week. You do not need a luna calander for a weekly Sabbath.
No we don't need a calendar to count 7 days.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. It is the LIVING WORD of God that has given us the written WORD of God that we are to BELIEVE and FOLLOW. Only God's WORD is true and we are to BELIEVE and FOLLOW it. God's people (the true Church) are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD as has been shown through the scriptures earlier.
Why would we want to follow only your part of the Scripture when we have a better covenant based on better promises instead of law? Heb 8:6.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As posted earlier the first part of the scripture you quote testifies against you. Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17).

[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the <1> law, or <2> the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to <3> fulfill.
You've been shown conclusive proof the law has been set aside no longer having jurisdiction with Scripture.
NOTE: JESUS did not come to destroy or stop καταλύω; kataluō the law or the prophets (this is referring to torah both the 10 commandments and the Mosaic book of the covenant prophets and psalms).

The GREEK word fulfill used πληρόω; plēroō here has many applications depending on the context of use. The many meanings of fulfil πληρόω; plēroō are From G4134; to make replete, that is, (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.: - accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

In the context above we are referring to the law, prophets and Psalms. The CONTEXT is that JESUS has not come to destroy or bring to an END to the law, prophets and psalms. So the GREEK word use here for fulfill based on the rules of CONTEXT cannot mean bring to an end or expire. The meaning here then considering the GREEK word and primary context whics not to destroy being used then is to SATISFY, to EXECUTE, ACCOMPLISH, PERFECT or FULFILL the requirements of the LAW and the PROPHETS and PSALMS which were spoken of JESUS. This is re-emphasized in v18
This is exactly what Jesus did. To you destroy the law means to annihilate it. The verse says to complete and finish the contract (covenant) which isn't or hadn't been done by any man up to that time. We can't complete the law. We're not eligible and the Scripture says there are none that do.
[18], For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

NOTE: The topic is still the same here in v18 and the CONTEXT therefore is still the LAW and the prophets and Psalms. This passage is referring to HEAVEN and EARTH passing away. This does not take place until after the SECOND COMING. As HEAVEN and EARTH have not passed away and as yet there has been no SECOND COMING it should be very clear that all things concerning CHRIST and God's plan of salvation for mankind written in the law and the prophets and Psalms have NOT YET BEEN FULFILLED.
You fail to understand the provision of the verse and refuse top accept LK 24:44 as proof all things spoken about are indeed fulfilled. Yet you may claim Jesus is your priest against the law and jots and tittles passing.

CONCLUSION The GREEK meaning of fulfill in v17 πληρόω; plēroō defines it's meaning from the CONTEXT of application which is JESUS saying he has not come to destroy or bring to an end the law and the prophets (torah) the GREEK application for fulfill then cannot mean bring to an end as this is not the meaning of the context used before by JESUS saying he has not come to bring to an end (destroy). The context meaning of fulfill in v17 πληρόω; plēroō therefore means to SATISFY, to EXECUTE, ACCOMPLISH, PERFECT or FULFILL the requirements of the LAW and the PROPHETS and PSALMS which were spoken of JESUS.
Not all thing have been fulfilled concerning JESUS in the law and the prophets and Psalms as Heaven and Earth have not passed away and there has not been a second coming to complete God's plan of salvation for mankind so not all things have been fulfilled. What has been fulfilled is Christs work on earth but not in HEAVEN.
Then Rom 10:4 is a lie. It seems to me you treat the NT as nothing more than secular uninspired worthless mumble jumble fictional garbage you use against Christians.

With these thoughts in mind brother let's move through the scriptures of MATTHEW 5:17-29 slowly as they further show that none of God's Commandments have been abolished.

MATTHEW 5:17-29
[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
[18], For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[19], Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20], For I say to you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not kill; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[23], Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has ought against you;
[24], Leave there your gift before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
[25], Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
[26], Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
[27], You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
[28], But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[29], And if your right eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.

[31], It has been said, Whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorce:
[32], But I say to you, That whoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery: and whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.

Yep Jesus is certainly referencing the 10 Commandment applying them to our very thoughts and feelings.
As I've pointed out to you before the phrase "but I say" is changing the law.

The word but means - used to introduce a phrase or clause contrasting with what has already been mentioned.

The Greek word "de" is used and means - but. Jesus isn't teaching nor amplifying the law making it respectable as you will.

NOTE: After stating that none of God's LAW (10 Commandments) have been abolished v17-19, Jesus then goes on to say; v20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
The word "for is a mistranslation of G1161 de.
Jesus then goes on and amplifies the application of God's LAW to the heart (thoughts and feelings) which is the very root of sin saying that if we lust after women we are committing Adultery and being angry with your brother as murder from the 10 commandments as examples in v17-27.Jesus starts out by saying;
Now that is another discussion all together. The devil's ambassadors try to plant lust in my heart all the time. It only becomes sin when I take it as my own thought process by dwelling on it. That means encouraging it to flame consuming me.
Jesus finishes by saying in v48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Bet you think that means to be flawless in character. It means being complete and mature. This has no reference to age.
NOTE: The application here in v19-32 changes to specifically focus now on God's 10 commandments where JESUS is saying whoever breaks any one of God's 10 Commandmetns shall be called the least in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN; that is by those already there. The least in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN are those who do not go there. The application of here of the 10 Commandments is shown in v20-22 and v32 where JESUS uses examples of the commandments he is referring to citing "YOU SHALL NOT KILL" and "COMMIT ADULTERY" which are two of God's 10 Commandments found in EXODUS 20:13-14. It is pretty clear here that if JESUS came to put an end to God's 10 Commandments he would not be teaching them and increasing their application to the inside out in verses 19-22 and verses 31-32.
So are you arguing over position in heaven? It does mention position affecting position, not salvation. No I'm not promoting the right to sin.

CONCLUSION: JESUS did not come to destroy the law or the prophets he came to fulfill them. The are not fulfilled. Christs work on earth is fulfilled but not God's plan of salvation which is also written in the law and the prophets and Psalms. God's eternal law (the 10 Commandments) are not abolished and not to be broken.
Then Jesus isn't your priest. And LK 24:44 is a lie about Mat 5:18. You treat the NT as secular uninspired works of men.

Now we have had an overall look at MATTHEW 5:17 in context with the rest of the chapter to v32, lets focus our attention to MATTHEW 5:20.

[20], For I say to you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART.
It's impossible for your righteousness to exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees by the law. When you claim people sin by not keeping the law (4th commandment) you claim righteousness by the law.
It is BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. We all have a sinful nature *ROMANS 7. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.
You aren't arguing with unregenerate individual here. We've got the Savior and no longer need the law as Gal 3:25 says.
If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
You willfully testify against yourself with the above.
God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.
You don't listen very well or don't understand the Scripture. You've been quoted appropriate passages of Scripture from both testaments.
RIGHTESOUSNESS comes from LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. He that does not LOVE does not KNOW GOD for GOD IS LOVE * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are BORN AGAIN have a NEW HEART TO LOVE and FOLLOW GOD *1 JOHN 4:7. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9.
Righteousness doesn't come from love. The righteousness we need only comes by Jesus and God's declaration. Rom 4
This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

Hope this helps.
That is why you twist John's words. You promote keeping the law when John doesn't. You refuse to believe and acknowledge 1 Jn 3:23 as written.

• Useful
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is it you agree to? What have you discussed in EXODUS 20:8-11?
You don't understand? Why? Haven't you read my posts? Why is everything in the last second ancient forgotten history to you?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The simple truth is that there is no scripture that answered the questions posted in the OP :)
Exactly! That's why you built a straw man and have been trying to make him a scarecrow enforcing your view and bondage on others. We've burnt your scarecrow on his own stake. Essentially you're fearmongering.
The reason the OP was made was to discuss MATTHEW 15:3-9 where JESUS states that if we knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? Yep there is none. If there is no scripture that says that God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day, who are we following God or man? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.
You only indict yourself with the above.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What???? o_O Nope, no it doesn't. The primary CONTEXT is till heaven and earth pass.
MATTHEW 5:18 [18], For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Yes it does. You claim the condition is why the earth is still here. That means you can't claim there isn't a condition in the verse for the law passing. The condition has been met and evidenced with the words of Jesus in LK 24:44 with further proof found in Heb 7:12. You want to say those passages are in error proving you neither believe the NT or 2 Tim 3:16 is true.
Indeed the scriptures hold the key here brother did you pick it up? THAT ALL THINGS MUST BE FULFILLED IN THE LAW OF MOSES, and in the PROPHETS and in the PSALMS CONCERNING ME.
Yes I did pick it up. You seem to deny what the verse has reference to. It's obvious to me you don't believe it references Mat 5:17-18. Heb 7:12 is either proof it does or it's a work of fiction making the Scripture unreliable to base anything on. You do the same with the OT. The Bible only serves as a quote source for you.
The SHADOW LAWS from the MOSIAC BOOK of the LAW, the PROPHETS and PSALMS all pointed to JESUS as the COMING MESSIAH.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
The MOSAIC BOOK of the law in the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 are not God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken under the NEW COVENANT
Glad you agree with me here. The MOSAIC BOOK of the law is the only reason you know about the famous 10 which are found therein. This is the covenant with Israel made in the desert after departure from Egypt according to Moses in Deut 5:1-3.
*ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSIAC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken.
You keep trying to project your belief on me which the Scripture proves is error as I quoted above. You'll simply make an unsupported denial claim using a false statement.
Your very own words brother here show that HEBREWS 7 is not talking about God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments). It is talking about the MOSAIC law from the BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 and the SHADOW laws of the Priesthood.
All Jews speak of the law as a single indivisible unit as both James and Paul indicate. You're trying to dismiss Heb 7:12 to validate your erroneous statement about Mat 5:17-18. Thar reference isn't about part of the law.
HEBREWS 7 CHANGE OF LAW

Your trying to argue that the change in the law in HEBREWS 7:12 is in reference to the 10 Commandments because you thought that the OLD COVENANT is only the 10 commandments.
No and jots and tittles prove my point.
The scripture posted above show that the OLD COVENANT include both the 10 commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:8, which contained all the laws for remission of sin, ceremonial ordinances for the Levitical priest hood.
Not so -

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Foiled again by God's Word, not LGW.
So what is the CONTEXT of HEBREWS 7 and what laws is it talking about? Is HEBREWS 7 talking about the 10 commandments or the MOSAIC BOOK of the laws for remission of sins *DEUTERONOMY 29:21?

Let's look at the scriptures...

HEBREWS 7:1-28
[1], For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
[2], To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
[3], Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like to the Son of God; stays a priest continually.
[4], Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
[5], And truly they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brothers, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

NOTE: In the earthly Sanctuary only those from the tribe of Levi could be Priests. Jesus was from the tribe of Judah also note that the context of the chapter now is the Priesthood and the king and Priest in the days of Abraham named Melchisedec.

[6], But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
[7], And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
[8], And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
[9], And as I may so say, Levi also, who receives tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.
[10], For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
[11], If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

NOTE: Topic is on the Levitical Priesthood the law we are talking about are the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23. The Priesthood was to be only for the tribe of Levi under the OLD COVENANT.

[12], For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
[13], For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
[14], For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
[15], And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there rises another priest,

NOTE: Jesus from the tribe of Judah is now our great high Priest from the order of Melchisedec. No more animal sacrifices.

[16], Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
[17], For he testifies, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
[18], For there is truly a cancellation of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
[19], For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw near to God.
[20], And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
[21], For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said to him, The Lord swore and will not repent, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
[22], By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
[23], And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
[24], But this man, because he continues ever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
[25], Why he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
[26], For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
[27], Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

[28], For the law makes men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, makes the Son, who is consecrated for ever more.

NOTE: v28 does the 10 commandments make men high Priests or does the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23?

CONCLUSION: HEBREWS 7:12 in relation to the change of laws is talking about the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW not the 10 commandments and a change in the Priesthood and the laws that accompany it from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 24:7. Not the 10 commandments. Can you see your mistake here? Is there anything you are specifically referring to in Galatians you wish to discuss?
So you want to invalidate parts of the law and require other parts of the law for your purpose. This contradicts Jots and tittles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Already addressed recently with a detailed scripture reply 1. HERE linked and 2. HERE linked and more detailed scripture 3. HERE linked. Perhaps you should read it? Please respond if you disagree with anything posted and prove your position with God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.
Doesn't delete Lev 23:1-3.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absoultely, that is why I posted the HEBREW words used for the SHADOW sabbaths connected to the ANNUAL FEAST days meaning "SPECIAL" sabbaths that are not God's 4th commandment and could fall on any day of the ANNUAL FEAST days. This was done to show that the FEAST sabbaths of Feasts of Trumpets (Lev 23:24) or Day of Atonement (Lev 23:32 or Feast of Booths (Lev 23:39) are not God's SEVENTH DAY WEEKLY Sabbath of the 4th Commandment. The HEBREW words used here is "SPECIAL" sabbath H7677 שׁבּתון shabbâthôn shab-baw-thone'. These sabbaths are not God's SABBATH of the 4th commandment, H7676 שַׁבָּת shabbath.

Hope this helps
Sorry but Lev 23:2-3 are a direct reference to the weekly sabbath, required and called a feast by verse 1.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother Neogaia777,

There is no Luna calander requirement for God's SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbath as it is every seventh day of the week. The Luna calander was a requirement for the timing of the ANNUAL FEAST days of LEVITICUS 23. This has already been demonstrated through the scriptures in posts # 789 and post # 790 linked.

According to the Hebrew calendars and traditional Christian calendars and the bible, Sunday has always been the first day of the week. However, according to the International Organization for Standardization ISO 8601 (European calander), Sunday was changed from the first day of the week which is what it always has been to the seventh and last day of the week in 1988. Once again this has nothing to do with Gods Calander and the bible as it is a recent man-made creation.
The Gregorian calendar isn't God's calendar and is in contradiction to it. Since you follow the Gregorian calendar you don't follow the law administered under the lunar calendar Israel used for all holy days including the weekly sabbath. There aren't any partial weeks in the beginning of the month on the lunar calendar.

• Haha
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Kermos

God is the Potter, and we are the clay.
Feb 10, 2019
United States
Visit site
✟38,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed you did not add ths scriptures I provided that show who God's people are and those who do not follow God. The scriptures here are very clear and are a guide to us.
...snip
Ace of Hearts said the truth well to you!

You quoted quite a bit of scripture, there.

You try to insert your imaginations into the scripture with highlights of the text. For example, in Revelation 12:17, you did not highlight "and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" which implies that it is less important in some manner to you. The "commandments of God" are:

"This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" (Matthew 17:5)

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17)

"It is finished!" (John 19:30)

That is testimony of Jesus Christ, words and actions (action at the cross), the witness of Lord Jesus. Since Jesus said "It is finished!" then anyone who says otherwise or teaches otherwise contradicts the Word of God such as He is come to satisfy the Law.

Concerning Revelation 14:12, we find "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus". Faith and belief are synonyms. Again, "commandments of God" as well as "the faith of Jesus" are:

"the government will rest on His shoulders" (Isaiah 9:6)

"whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of [its] stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!" (Matthew 18:6-7)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:5-8)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?" (John 5:26-27)

Powerful Word! Moses said:

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him. This is according to all that you asked of the LORD your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.' The LORD said to me, 'They have spoken well. I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require [it] of him." (Deuteronomy 18:15-19)

In 1 John 2:3-4, the "His commandments" are "Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments" because 1 John 2:1 identifies Him, here is verse 1: "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

Let's just see what the Apostle John has to say about someone who does not keep "Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments" as he recorded as a reminder, becuase you did quote the verse:

"The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4)

So, John the Beloved Apostle wrote essentially this, the person who says "I have come to know Jesus," and does not keep Jesus Christ the righteous' commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Hmm, your version of 1 John 3:3-10 is different than the NASB (of particular concern is your version of 1 John 3:4 and also 1 John 3:8), so I include a verse by verse comparison, here is the passage:

NASB: 3 And everyone who has this hope [fixed] on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
YOURS: 3, And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.

NASB 4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
YOURS 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

(N.B. for verse 4, the Greek word anomia and anomian is there which translates to lawless. That "a" in anomia is like the "a" in atheist, a theist beleives in a god, but an atheist is godless)

NASB 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
YOURS 5, And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

NASB 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
YOURS 6, Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.

NASB 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
YOURS 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

NASB 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
YOURS 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

(N.B. for verse 8:
[1] your version carries a weaker meaning with "commits sin" as opposed to the NASB "practices sin".
[2} the text refers to the fallen world from the beginning by way of "the devil has sinned from the beginning".
[3] your version states wrongly that Jesus "might destroy the works of the devil"; on the other hand, the NASB states that Jesus appeared "to destroy the works of the devil"!
[4] The Greek agrees with the NASB translation.)

NASB 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
YOURS 9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

NASB 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
YOURS 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother

Praise God, 1 John 3:3-10 agrees with the Apostle Paul's writing! Here it is for remembrance sake:

"he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law" (Romans 13:8)

And the word of Jesus with:

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy" (Matthew 5:17)

"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'" (Matthew 5:23)

In the next passage, notice the result of the one who hears Jesus' words but does not act on them - and that one's relationship to "PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS" and that one's house:

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven [will enter]. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and [yet] it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell - and great was its fall." (Matthew 7:21-27)

The Father in heaven says to listen to Jesus (Matthew 17:5)!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As I've pointed out to you before the phrase "but I say" is changing the law.

The word but means - used to introduce a phrase or clause contrasting with what has already been mentioned.

The Greek word "de" is used and means - but. Jesus isn't teaching nor amplifying the law making it respectable as you will. The word "for is a mistranslation of G1161 de.

One positive aspect of heresy is it does motivate people to go deep on Bible study, studies of Church history and theology. Anyway nice, commentary on the Lexicon, there's lots of stuff in thread for folks to use when meeting a hard core Sabbitarian. Of course, this thread if it keeps going is going to the size of an ancient codex! :holy:

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Gregorian calendar isn't God's calendar and is in contradiction to it. Since you follow the Gregorian calendar you don't follow the law administered under the lunar calendar Israel used for all holy days including the weekly sabbath. There aren't any partial weeks in the beginning of the month on the lunar calendar.

This is so funny and accurate it should be repeated and emphasized! :amen:

• Haha
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The new moon celebration should be enough to establish the fact they went by the lunar calendar. There are 13 months in a lunar year.

Well that is not true. There is no lunar calander requirement for a weekly Sabbath which is every SEVENTH DAY of the week. It has been kept unboken every seveth day by ISRAEL for thousands of years already.

The luna calander (NEW MOONS etc) according to God's WORD was for signs and seasons *GENESIS 1:14-19. This was important under the OLD COVENANT as the NEW MOONS timed the starting of the ANNUAL FEASTS of LEVITICUS 23.

This does not effect God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of the 4th commandment which is simply once a week, every SEVENTH DAY.

Your getting the sabbaths in the ANNUAL FEAST days and NEW MOONS mixed up the WEEKLY SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of Gods 4th Commandment which is every SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK.

You do not need a luna calander to determine a day within a week. You do need the luna calander to determine when the ANNUAL FESTS begin under the OLD COVENANT.

There is no Luna calander requirement for God's SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbath as it is simply every seventh day of the week unbroken. The Luna calander was a requirement for the timing of the ANNUAL FEAST days of LEVITICUS 23. This has already been demonstrated through the scriptures in posts # 789 and post # 790 linked.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever noticed what we call Easter can be on different week ends from year to year? Have you ever noticed the new moon is at different weeks and days every month?

Of course it can. It is determined by the yearly cycle as it is an ANNUAL EVENT not a weekly event. This is what I have already been sharing with you from the begginning in relation to the SPECIAL ceremonial sabbaths that were not God's 4th commandment Sabbath connected to the ANNUAL FEASTS days. Depending on the yearly cycle they could fall on any day of the week because they were not connected to the week by the year. If you read the scriptures and the posts provided you would already know this.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would we want to follow only your part of the Scripture when we have a better covenant based on better promises instead of law? Heb 8:6.

We are in the NEW COVENANT now. The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT (no more Levitical Priesthood, no more burnt offerings and sin offerings all the MOSIAC shadow laws pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation are fulfilled in the NEW). If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) under the NEW COVENANT give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. Now we get back to the OP here which asks the question, where in God's WORD does it say God's 4th Commandment (or God's LAW) have been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? Here we are after 40 + pages and no one has provided a single scripture that shows God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day.

According to JESUS all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15;3-9. Therefore ONLY God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4.

According to God's WORD, all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Where is the scripture that says God's 4th Commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? If you have no scripture brother does it not worry you?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that seek to break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You've been shown conclusive proof the law has been set aside no longer having jurisdiction with Scripture.This is exactly what Jesus did. To you destroy the law means to annihilate it. The verse says to complete and finish the contract (covenant) which isn't or hadn't been done by any man up to that time. We can't complete the law. We're not eligible and the Scripture says there are none that do.You fail to understand the provision of the verse and refuse top accept LK 24:44 as proof all things spoken about are indeed fulfilled. Yet you may claim Jesus is your priest against the law and jots and tittles passing.Then Rom 10:4 is a lie. It seems to me you treat the NT as nothing more than secular uninspired worthless mumble jumble fictional garbage you use against Christians.As I've pointed out to you before the phrase "but I say" is changing the law. The word but means - used to introduce a phrase or clause contrasting with what has already been mentioned. The Greek word "de" is used and means - but. Jesus isn't teaching nor amplifying the law making it respectable as you will.The word "for is a mistranslation of G1161 de.Now that is another discussion all together. The devil's ambassadors try to plant lust in my heart all the time. It only becomes sin when I take it as my own thought process by dwelling on it. That means encouraging it to flame consuming me.Bet you think that means to be flawless in character. It means being complete and mature. This has no reference to age.So are you arguing over position in heaven? It does mention position affecting position, not salvation. No I'm not promoting the right to sin.Then Jesus isn't your priest. And LK 24:44 is a lie about Mat 5:18. You treat the NT as secular uninspired works of men.It's impossible for your righteousness to exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees by the law. When you claim people sin by not keeping the law (4th commandment) you claim righteousness by the law.You aren't arguing with unregenerate individual here. We've got the Savior and no longer need the law as Gal 3:25 says.You willfully testify against yourself with the above.You don't listen very well or don't understand the Scripture. You've been quoted appropriate passages of Scripture from both testaments.Righteousness doesn't come from love. The righteousness we need only comes by Jesus and God's declaration. Rom 4That is why you twist John's words. You promote keeping the law when John doesn't. You refuse to believe and acknowledge 1 Jn 3:23 as written.

As posted earlier the first part of the scripture you quote testifies against you. Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy." (Matthew 5:17).

[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the <1> law, or <2> the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to <3> fulfill.

NOTE: JESUS did not come to destroy or stop καταλύω; kataluō the law or the prophets (this is referring to torah both the 10 commandments and the Mosaic book of the covenant prophets and psalms).

The GREEK word fulfill used πληρόω; plēroō here has many applications depending on the context of use. The many meanings of fulfil πληρόω; plēroō are From G4134; to make replete, that is, (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.: - accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

In the context above we are referring to the law, prophets and Psalms. The CONTEXT is that JESUS has not come to destroy or bring to an END to the law, prophets and psalms. So the GREEK word use here for fulfill based on the rules of CONTEXT cannot mean bring to an end or expire. The meaning here then considering the GREEK word and primary context whics not to destroy being used then is to SATISFY, to EXECUTE, ACCOMPLISH, PERFECT or FULFILL the requirements of the LAW and the PROPHETS and PSALMS which were spoken of JESUS. This is re-emphasized in v18

NOTE: The topic is still the same here in v18 and the CONTEXT therefore is still the LAW and the prophets and Psalms. This passage is referring to HEAVEN and EARTH passing away. This does not take place until after the SECOND COMING. As HEAVEN and EARTH have not passed away and as yet there has been no SECOND COMING it should be very clear that all things concerning CHRIST and God's plan of salvation for mankind written in the law and the prophets and Psalms have NOT YET BEEN FULFILLED.

CONCLUSION The GREEK meaning of fulfill in v17 πληρόω; plēroō defines it's meaning from the CONTEXT of application which is JESUS saying he has not come to destroy or bring to an end the law and the prophets (torah) the GREEK application for fulfill then cannot mean bring to an end as this is not the meaning of the context used before by JESUS saying he has not come to bring to an end (destroy). The context meaning of fulfill in v17 πληρόω; plēroō therefore means to SATISFY, to EXECUTE, ACCOMPLISH, PERFECT or FULFILL the requirements of the LAW and the PROPHETS and PSALMS which were spoken of JESUS.
Not all thing have been fulfilled concerning JESUS in the law and the prophets and Psalms as Heaven and Earth have not passed away and there has not been a second coming to complete God's plan of salvation for mankind so not all things have been fulfilled. What has been fulfilled is Christs work on earth but not in HEAVEN.

With these thoughts in mind brother let's move through the scriptures of MATTHEW 5:17-29 slowly as they further show that none of God's Commandments have been abolished.

MATTHEW 5:17-29
[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
[19], Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not kill; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[23], Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has ought against you;
[24], Leave there your gift before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
[25], Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
[26], Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
[27], You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
[28], But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[29], And if your right eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.

[31], It has been said, Whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorce:
[32], But I say to you, That whoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery: and whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.

Yep Jesus is certainly referencing the 10 Commandment applying them to our very thoughts and feelings.

NOTE: After stating that none of God's LAW (10 Commandments) have been abolished v17-19, Jesus then goes on to say; v20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus then goes on and amplifies the application of God's LAW to the heart (thoughts and feelings) which is the very root of sin saying that if we lust after women we are committing Adultery and being angry with your brother as murder from the 10 commandments as examples in v17-27.Jesus starts out by saying;

Jesus finishes by saying in v48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

NOTE: The application here in v19-32 changes to specifically focus now on God's 10 commandments where JESUS is saying whoever breaks any one of God's 10 Commandmetns shall be called the least in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN; that is by those already there. The least in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN are those who do not go there. The application of here of the 10 Commandments is shown in v20-22 and v32 where JESUS uses examples of the commandments he is referring to citing "YOU SHALL NOT KILL" and "COMMIT ADULTERY" which are two of God's 10 Commandments found in EXODUS 20:13-14. It is pretty clear here that if JESUS came to put an end to God's 10 Commandments he would not be teaching them and increasing their application to the inside out in verses 19-22 and verses 31-32.

CONCLUSION: JESUS did not come to destroy the law or the prophets he came to fulfill them. The are not fulfilled. Christs work on earth is fulfilled but not God's plan of salvation which is also written in the law and the prophets and Psalms. God's eternal law (the 10 Commandments) are not abolished and not to be broken.

Now we have had an overall look at MATTHEW 5:17 in context with the rest of the chapter to v32, lets focus our attention to MATTHEW 5:20.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART.

It is BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. We all have a sinful nature *ROMANS 7. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

RIGHTESOUSNESS comes from LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. He that does not LOVE does not KNOW GOD for GOD IS LOVE * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are BORN AGAIN have a NEW HEART TO LOVE and FOLLOW GOD *1 JOHN 4:7. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9.

This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand? Why? Haven't you read my posts? Why is everything in the last second ancient forgotten history to you?

Your posts have been read and responded to section by section and scripture by scripture showing the context you leave out of your interpretation of the scriptures. God's WORD does not teach lawlessness brother. ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.