WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermos

God is the Potter, and we are the clay.
Feb 10, 2019
United States
Visit site
✟38,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it causes me to wonder in awe how such a one can call themselves a Christian. It surely must be true all one has to do to post in this section of CF labeled for Christians only is to say they're a Christian. Personally I think its a black eye in both Christianity and the forum.
God has us here for a purpose, Ace of Hearts! Keep up the good fight! But really, the battle is not ours, but God's, and Jesus already has the VICTORY!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 2:11 is telling of the One who gives rest, Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:28)!

Not really brother. HOSEA 2:11 is talking about the end of the annual FEAST DAYS of LEVITICUS 23. God's 4th Commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. God's 4th commandments is every week (SEVENTH DAY). It is a memorial of CREATION *EXIDUS 20:8-11; GENESIS 2:1-3 and not only once a year.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hallalujah! Ace of Hearts, that is quite the blessing that you point out that the plural "sabbaths" in Hosea 2:11 is very important since God Himself explains ALL the sabbaths in Leviticus 23. here is the opening passage (Leviticus 23:1-3) that precedes God's explanation of the other sabbaths:

You mix up the SHADOW sabbaths from the MOSIAC book of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 in FEAST days *LEVITICUS 23:24; 32; 39 with God's ETERNAL LAW in the NEW COVENANT (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

1. THE ANNUAL SHADOW FEAST SABBATHS <PLURAL> from the SHADOW laws of Moses *EXODUS 24:7 are special annual ceremonial sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

The Hebrew Word for these sabbaths is H7677 שׁבּתון shabbâthôn shab-baw-thone' is From H7676; and means a sabbatism or SPECIAL HOLIDAY: - rest, sabbath.

This sabbath can fall on any day of the seek
and is only used in the annual Jewish festivals of Feasts of Trumpets (Lev 23:24) or Day of Atonement (Lev 23:32 or Feast of Booths (Lev 23:39). These feasts are NOT fulfilled and Shadows of things to come Col 2 v17 (e.g. 2nd coming, close of probation and judgement and God's people saved from their temporary dwelling on earth to the earth made new) NOTE: Col v17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. It is NOT fulfilled and has NOT finished and IS to COME. These are temporary Shadow Sabbaths showing God's plan of salvation.

2. GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT WEEKLY SABBATH which is one of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). The Hebrew word use here for Sabbath has a DIFFERENT Hebrew word used compared to the ceremonial Sabbath of H7677. The Hebrew Word used here is H7676 and means H7676 שַׁבָּת shabbath (shab-bawth') n-e.1. intermission, a period of temporary rest.2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest. [intensive from H7673]KJV: (+ every) sabbath. Root(s): H7673. The root word comes from H7673 which comes from the creation week of Genesis 2:1-3 and means shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away. This is God's Sabbath it is a memorial of creation and part of a FINISHED WORK BEFORE SIN entered the WORLD. If it is part of a FINISHED work BEFORE SIN then it cannot be a part of the plan of salvation because it was BEFORE the fall of mankind. Just like all the other 10 commandments God's Word says they are FOREVER and the very standard of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and the JUDGEMENT to come.

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God says is FOREVER nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14)

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
YHVH spoke again to Moses, saying, "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, 'YHVH'S appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations - My appointed times are these: For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to YHVH in all your dwellings.'"

The CONTEXT of LEVITICUS 23 here are the appointed times of the ANNUAL FESTIVALS. These ANNUAL FESTIVALS are once a year events and includes days of HOLY CONVOCATION. A HOLY CONVOCATION in Hebrew means;

HOLY קדשׁ ; qôdesh From H6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstractly sanctity: - consecrated (thing), dedicated (thing), hallowed (thing), holiness, (X most) holy (X day, portion, thing), saint, sanctuary.

CONVOCATION מקרא; miqrâ'; From H7121; something called out, that is, a public meeting (the act, the persons, or the palce); also a rehearsal: - assembly, calling, convocation, reading.

So CONTEXT of LEVITICUS 23 is lising all the days of HOLY CONVOCATION for the ANNUAL FEASTIVALS. That are SACRED PUBLIC MEETINGS for the YEARLY FEAST DAYS.

God's 4th Commandments is a part of the ANNUAL FEAST days because many FEASTS were longer then 7 days or the FEASTS could start on any day depending on the YEARLY CYCLE.

The OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures talk about a putting an END to the YEARLY FEASTIVALS. These scriptures are found. HERE...

1 CHRONICLES 23:31 and whenever (1) burnt offerings were presented to the LORD on the (4) Sabbaths, at the (3) New Moon (2) feasts and at the appointed festivals. They were to serve before the LORD regularly in the proper number and in the way prescribed for them.

2 CHRONICLES 2:4 [4] Now I am about to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God and to dedicate it to him for burning fragrant incense before him, for setting out the consecrated bread regularly, and for making (1) burnt offerings every morning and evening and on the (4) Sabbaths, at the (3) New Moons and at the appointed (2) festivals of the LORD our God. This is a lasting ordinance for Israel.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual BURN'T OFFERING, and his DRINK OFFERING.

HOSEA 2:11 [11], I will also cause all her mirth to CEASE, her FEAST DAYS, her NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all her SOLEMN FEASTS.

ISAIAH 1:10-14 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, THE CALLING OF ASSEMBLIES, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your new moons and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give BURNT OFFERINGS, and MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

PAUL is referencing these scriptures above from here...

COLOSSIANS 2:16 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAY(S) <plural>:

It is the YEARLY days of HOLY CONVOCATION and the special ceremonial sabbaths connected to FEAST DAYS that were to come to an END not Gods 4th Commandment which is always a WEEKLY Sabbath (EVERY SEVEN DAYS).

The yearly ceremonial sabbaths that the Jews observed in connection with the Temple or Sanctuary were a shadow, or prophetic in nature, of future events. Every year the Jews were acting out the plan of salvation as demonstrated by the Temple sacrifices and ceremonies. The whole process was designed as a play of sorts, to explain to everyone the exact sequence of events in God's plan to redeem mankind. The focus of this plan, of course, is Jesus Christ in his role as the Lamb of God, as well as his role of High Priest or Mediator between God the Father and humanity.

It is essential that one have a basic understanding of the ceremonial calendar associated with the Hebrew Sanctuary. God intended the Sanctuary and it's services as an instructional tool to teach all people His plan of salvation, and I believe every Christian can benefit greatly from studying it. It has particular relevance near the end of time, because it lays out in detail the sequential process of events that God is using and will follow in the very near future.

In brief, these were the yearly ceremonial days observed and associated sabbaths.

Spring Calendar:

· Passover, The crucifixion, Jesus is God's Passover Lamb. (14 Nisan, not a Sabbath)
· Feast of Unleavened Bread (Pilgrimage to Jerusalem required for all men.) Putting away sin from one's life.
o Sabbath of 15 Nisan, 1st day of the feast.
o The Omer, first fruits of the barley harvest, 16 Nisan. Resurrection.
o Sabbath of 21 Nisan, 7th and last day of the feast.
· Feast of Weeks - Pentecost, a sabbath day 50 days after the Omer (Pilgrimage to Jerusalem required for all men.) Firstfruits of the wheat harvest. The outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Fall Calendar:

· Trumpets, Sabbath of 1 Tishri, Announcement of impending judgment.
· Day of Atonement, Sabbath of 10 Tishri, The pre-Advent Judgment.
· Feast of Tabernacles (Pilgrimage to Jerusalem required for all men.) The ingathering of God's people - the second coming.
o Sabbath of 15 Tishri, 1st day of Tabernacles, freed from the bondage of sin.
o Sabbath of 22 Tishri, 8th and last day of Tabernacles.

Prior to the incarnation of Jesus and his crucifixion, all the above festivals awaited their fulfillment. They were what are called "types". They were symbolic of specific events yet to come. The event that is foretold is referred to as the "antitype". In the New Testament, the Greek words corresponding to type and antitype are:

G5179. tupos, too'-pos; from G5180; a die (as struck), i.e. (by impl.) a stamp or scar; by anal. a shape, i.e. a statue, (fig.) style or resemblance; spec. a sampler ("type"), i.e. a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning):--en- (ex-) ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print.

G499. antitupon, an-teet'-oo-pon; neut. of a comp. of G473 and G5179; corresponding ["antitype"], i.e. a representative, counterpart:--(like) figure (whereunto).
The "shadow" or "type" itself had no substance, but rather pointed to a future event that would have substance, the "antitype". For example, slaying the Passover lamb is the type, the crucifixion of Jesus is the antitype.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus the Christ eloquently demonstrates and explains about the Sabbath that does tie into Hosea 2:11 in John 5:7-18 (the Apostle John states that Jesus was breaking the Sabbath, but Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath [Matthew 12:8] - in verse 18 the scripture does not say "because the Jews accused Him not only of breaking the Sabbath" rather John wrote "because He not only was breaking the Sabbath"):

7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me."
8 Jesus said to him, "Get up, pick up your pallet and walk."
9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and [began] to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day.
10 So the Jews were saying to the man who was cured, "It is the Sabbath, and it is not permissible for you to carry your pallet."
11 But he answered them, "He who made me well was the one who said to me, 'Pick up your pallet and walk.'"
12 They asked him, "Who is the man who said to you, 'Pick up [your pallet] and walk '?"
13 But the man who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away while there was a crowd in [that] place.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you."
15 The man went away, and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath.
17 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."
18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Now brother are you saying that JESUS broke the 4th commandment? If JESUS broke God's 4th commandment then he could not be our perfect sacrifice and mankind would be lost because JESUS would have to die for his own sin and could not die for ours. You do not believe that now do you brother? Sorry brother God's WORD does not teach lawlessness. Jesus was teaching in MATTHEW 12:1-12 that it is lawful to do GOOD on the SABBATH not to break it and he is the maker and LORD of the SABBATH day *MATTHEW 12:8 that he made for mankind *MARK 2:27-28.

THE LORD OF THE SABBATH SAID:"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to satisfy" (Matthew 5:17)

Indeed the scriptures testify against what you just posted earlier. If JESUS broke the SABBATH then he did not fulfill it now did he.

Sorry brother God's WORD does not teach lawlessness.

Hope this

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The passage referenced includes the sabbath.

Indeed. The ceremonial sabbaths connected to FEAST DAYS that could fall on any day of the week are not God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is the 4th commandment of the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's SDA doctrine, not the Scripture. You've no Scripture showing the sabbath as the Lord's day.

Not at all it is God's WORD and we should believe and follow it.

Q. WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY?

MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

There is no scripture in all of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY or the FIRST DAY of the week is the LORD'S DAY. There is only scripture that shows that the LORD'S DAY is the SABBATH DAY.

Who should we BELIEVE God or man *ROMANS 3:4? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It looks like you just wrote that Jesus' word is not law. But Jesus does issue commandment which is law. Here are the words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15)

Oh, and God's Word is Jesus as recorded in John 1:1 and John 1:14.

LoveGodsWord, you do not keep Jesus' word because you incessently try to get other people to ignore the meaning of "It is finished" at the cross. You write the implication that people that do not keep the Sabbath are practicing sin thus truly you are practicing LAWLESSNESS. it has been repeatedly demonstrated to you that you are criminally violating much of God's Word, such as:

bearing false witness
trying to twist scripture by adding and subtracting from scripture.

May God open your eyes before it is too late!

I can understand why you only part posted me brother. The rest of the post explians why LAWLESSNESS means without LAW and having God's WORD but not following it. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.

Complete post sent earlier..

Nope. LAWLESSNESS means to be without LAW. This is the same as having God's WORD and not following God's WORD. JESUS says if we knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. God's WORD says that if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11. God's 4th commnandment is one of God's 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:8-11 that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken. According to JESUS all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God. Who should we believe God or man *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29?

JESUS did indeed satisfty all the requirements of the law in order to be our perfect sacrifice. JESUS did not satisfy the requirements of the LAW so that we are now free to break it and live in sin (break God's LAW).

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sorry brother God's WORD does not teach lawlessness (without law). All those who KNOWINGLY SIN (breaking God's LAW) and promote it do not know God and need to be BORN AGAIN *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10. All those who continue in Sin will die in sin because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23; ROMANS 6:16.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More lies, DoesNotLoveGodsWord. You try to distort the Scripture, but the Spirit reveals "His commandments" are Jesus' commandments because it is revealed in 1 John 2:1 that Jesus Christ the righteous is the "His" in "His commandments". The quote above is yet another example of you imposing your words on Scripture, and failing miserably. Cry out to Jesus for mercy, DoesNotLoveGodsWord!

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. You say that I have not answered you, but I indeed answered you with His Word but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the WORD of God).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So it causes me to wonder in awe how such a one can call themselves a Christian. It surely must be true all one has to do to post in this section of CF labeled for Christians only is to say they're a Christian. Personally I think its a black eye in both Christianity and the forum.

God's people are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. It is God's WORD that makes it very clear who his people are and the children of the devil.

WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE?

REVELATION 12:17, And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

REVELATION 14:12, Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

WHO ARE THOSE THAT RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

REVELATION 22:14, Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

WHO HAS GOD'S SPIRIT?

ACTS 5:32, And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THEM WHO OBEY HIM.

WHO ARE NOT GOD'S PEOPLE?

1 JOHN 2:3-4
3, And hereby we do know that we know him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM

1 JOHN 3:3-10
3, And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6, Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.
7, Little children, let no man deceive you:
he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)
Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Sorry brother God's WORD does not teach lawlessness.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't say. And yet it's still part of tradition... which even Protestants somehow follow, despite holding to sola scriptura.

I'm not making fun of that. I mean it in the lightest way.

Full of truth and honesty. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. The ceremonial sabbaths connected to FEAST DAYS that could fall on any day of the week are not God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is the 4th commandment of the 10 commandments.
Say anything you like.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your still here aren't you :) ? If anyone had scripture the OP would be answered already
So you mistakenly think that means I'm interested in taking your view as my own. I'm here defending the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not at all it is God's WORD and we should believe and follow it.

This verse doesn't say the sabbath is the Lord's day.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can understand why you only part posted me brother. The rest of the post explians why LAWLESSNESS means without LAW and having God's WORD but not following it. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.

Complete post sent earlier..

Nope. LAWLESSNESS means to be without LAW. This is the same as having God's WORD and not following God's WORD. JESUS says if we knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.
To me lawlessness means living a wicked life style.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's people are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. It is God's WORD that makes it very clear who his people are and the children of the devil.
Yes I agree God's people follow God's Word. You however mean God's people follow the law of Moses, specifically the famous 10. In case you still haven't heard we have a New Covenant unlike the previous covenant issued to Israel in the desert after departure from Egypt.

Upvote 0

Selene03

Feb 9, 2019
Hagatna
✟15,025.00
Country
Guam
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi David

Thanks for your try. However, according to God's WORD it is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH that is the LORD'S DAY.

Do you have any scripture David to show that the LORD'S DAY is referring to SUNDAY or the FIRST DAY of the WEEk?

There is no scripture in all of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY or the FIRST DAY of the week is the LORD'S DAY. There is only scripture that shows that the LORD'S DAY is the SABBATH DAY.

Who should we BELIEVE God or man *ROMANS 3:4? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Thanks for trying to answer the OP though David.

Again, do not twist scripture around to fit your agenda. Scripture said that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. It didn't say that the Lord's day is the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I answered your question accurately.

Your answer was incorrect.

In your quotation the day is still called the Sabbath day, I do not understand how you think you answered that question?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.