WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please go ahead perhaps you can start by proving I am taking God's WORD out of CONTEXT? If you cannot. You should at the least apologise. Thanks for sharing.
I’m not going to do all of the work of posting each reference in context, try to guess why you used it, and then formulate a response. Pick one or two, explain why you think they are significant to the discussion, and we can go from there.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’m not going to do all of the work of posting each reference in context, try to guess why you used it, and then formulate a response. Pick one or two, explain why you think they are significant to the discussion, and we can go from there.

Were not you the one making claims that I have posted scripture out of CONTEXT but when challenged on your claims for discussion you cannot post anything I have posted out of CONTEXT? If I have not posted anything out of CONTEXT why pretend that I have? If you say that I have why can you not now prove what you claim? All the scriptures posted are God's WORD and it is all scripture that we are to live by *MATTHEW 4:4; 2 TIMOTHY 3:16. Only God's WORD is true brother and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4. Only shared in love brother.

God bless :)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Were not you the one making claims that I have posted scripture out of CONTEXT but when challenged on your claims for discussion you cannot post anything I have posted out of CONTEXT? If I have not posted anything out of CONTEXT why pretend that I have? If you say that I have why can you not now prove what you claim? All the scriptures posted are God's WORD and it is all scripture that we are to live by *MATTHEW 4:4; 2 TIMOTHY 3:16. Only God's WORD is true brother and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4. Only shared in love brother.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Well you were the one brother making all the claims you cannot prove not me. You can start with the questions in the OP if you like to keep the discussion on topic if you do not wish to discuss the scriptures. Why make claims when you cannot prove your claims with God's WORD? You do not have to answer this if you do not wish to. Only sent in love brother. I am always happy to share God's WORD. Did you have something to share here?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well you were the one brother making all the claims you cannot prove not me. You can start with the questions in the OP if you like to keep the discussion on topic if you do not wish to discuss the scriptures. Why make claims when you cannot prove your claims with God's WORD? You do not have to answer this if you do not wish to. Only sent in love brother. I am always happy to share God's WORD. Did you have something to share here?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I guess it’s obvious that it must be easier to carpet bomb with verses than it is to actually state why one believes that they are significant. That way, one doesn’t have to defend anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess it’s obvious that it must be easier to carpet bomb with verses than it is to actually state why one believes that they are significant. That way, one doesn’t have to defend anything.
You should see what has already been pointed out, including many verses, in this thread, and how he conveniently chooses or chose to ignore and "bury them" I guess...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I share God's WORD because it is God's WORD not mine. You cannot defend your claim of taking scriptures out of CONTEXT now can you? I am happy to share Gods WORD with you. I share Gods WORD because it is God's WORD not my words. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29; MATTHEW 15:3-9. It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only sent in love and as a help to you brother :).

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You should see what has already been pointed out, including many verses, in this thread, and how he conveniently chooses or chose to ignore and "bury them" I guess...

God Bless!

Really? Which ones address the OP here? Please prove your claims with God's Word. If you cannot prove what you are saying why pretend that you can? There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day *ROMANS 14:10; JOHN 12:47-48. Sadly at this time it will be too late for many that had the chance to hear the word of God and chose to turn away from it *MATTHEW 7:22-23. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the traditions and teachings of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9; ROMANS 3:4.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Really? Which ones?
Look back through your own thread, I've pretty much quit focusing on this one now, and not...? Look, I'm not going to back through and dig them all up either, you don't listen and/or choose to ignore them anyway... and with the ones you perhaps felt you addressed, you really did not address either, or had some wild and long winded explanation as to why those scriptures that were brought up, were not about what they really or plainly said, ect, and people would try to "discuss" it with you, but your not at all really interested in any kind of discussion, cause your not really interested in listening, so... All to defend you position of law, and that is not at all interested in truth, (or the Gsopel of Grace) at all...

Anyway, it's a very tiresome game that I'm very tired of now...

Go back through your own thread and try to see just how much you did not address...

If you want scripture, I am currently working on collecting together a bunch of scriptures for my position, but I'm not finished yet, when I do, I'll post them, OK...? While I also consider scripture that could appear to be against them, or my position, as well... It's a study that is taking time...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Look back through your own thread, I've pretty much quit focusing on this one now, and not...? Look, I'm not going to back through and dig them all up either, you don't listen and/or choose to ignore them anyway... and with the ones you perhaps felt you addressed, you really did not address either, or had some wild and long winded explanation as to why those scriptures that were brought up, were not about what they really or plainly said, ect, and people would try to "discuss" it with you, but your not at all really interested in any kind of discussion, cause your not really interested in listening, so... All to defend you position of law, and that is not at all interested in truth, (or the Gsopel of Grace) at all...

Anyway, it's a very tiresome game that I'm very tired of now...

Go back through your own thread and try to see just how much you did not address...

If you want scripture, I am currently working on collecting together a bunch of scriptures for my position, but I'm not finished yet, when I do, I'll post them, OK...? While I also consider scripture that could appear to be against them, or my position, as well... It's a study that is taking time...

God Bless!

So I guess you cannot prove what your saying? If you cannot prove what your claiming why say things that are not true? I am always happy to share God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. If you are studying God's WORD for yourself that is great and is all I would ask of anyone. If you study God's WORD however should you not do so from the point of view of wanting to learn what the truth is in God's WORD through a prayerful study of the scriptures asking God to be your guide and teacher, rather then to support a position? Something to think about. Here are some helpful scriptures for your study of God's WORD *JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 8:31-36. These are conditional however.

May God bless you brother as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So I guess you cannot prove what your saying? If you cannot prove what your claiming why say things that are not true? I am always happy to share God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. Only sent in love brother. Did you have something to share in relation to the OP here?

God bless
Right now I could only toss out a few scriptures, and I already know and saw what you would do with them, so...

But, I'll get you a bunch, if you give me some time, and you just make sure to address all and every single one of them when I do, OK...?

The problem is, even in my study, I know the scriptures pretty well already and know, even when I dig up scriptures for my position, I know of others that might or appear on the surface to say differently, and it does that on both sides of this issue... There is scripture that says their are relatively few requirements, and it makes it seem like it's not that difficult a thing to be saved or get into heaven, not a lot of work or strenuous self-effort, ect, and you can rest in Him now, ect... Then we have other scripture that makes it seem opposite of that, and that we really have to "work hard" and exert our own will that God gave us to do it, or get, or attain it (blessings now), or get into heaven, or overcome (our sin), ect...

Balance needs to achieved... Truth needs to be found... We might have to know and follow the truth "in between", IDK...

Problem is, the former, see sin as hardly no problem at all, while the latter see any kind of sin in you at all, as a huge and very significant problem, to the point that that is their entire focus (which is a problem in itself, anyway)... I think the truth is somewhere in between...

We know that "all of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and must start from there, I think... Without saying sin is perfectly fine or OK, or anything...

Enter the NC...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right now I could only toss out a few scriptures, and I already know and saw what you would do with them, so...

But, I'll get you a bunch, if you give me some time, and you just make sure to address all and every single one of them when I do, OK...?

The problem is, even in my study, I know the scriptures pretty well already and know, even when I dig up scriptures for my position, I know of others that might or appear on the surface to say differently, and it does that on both sides of this issue... There is scripture that says their are relatively few requirements, and it makes it seem like it's not that difficult a thing to be saved or get into heaven, not a lot of work or strenuous self-effort, ect, and you can rest in Him now, ect... Then we have other scripture that makes it seem opposite of that, and that we really have to "work hard" and exert our own will that God gave us to do it, or get, or attain it (blessings now), or get into heaven, or overcome (our sin), ect...

Balance needs to achieved... We might have to know and follow the truth "in between", IDK...

Problem is, the former, see sin as hardly no problem at all, while the latter see any kind of sin in you at all, as a huge and very significant problem, to the point that that is their entire focus (which is a problem in itself, anyway)... I think the truth is somewhere in between...

We know that "all of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and must start from there, I think... Without saying sin is perfectly fine or OK, or anything...

Enter the NC...

God Bless!

I am always happy to share God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. If you are studying God's WORD for yourself that is great and is all I would ask of anyone. If you study God's WORD however should you not do so from the point of view of wanting to learn what the truth is in God's WORD through a prayerful study of the scriptures asking God to be your guide and teacher, rather then to support a position? Something to think about. Here are some helpful scriptures for your study of God's WORD *JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 8:31-36. These are conditional however.

May God bless you brother as you seek him through his Word.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
GOD bless you all and love you all. Nice talking with you all. HAPPY SABBATH my time. I will be back latter. Wishing you all only LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the HOLY GHOST! To him who loved us and washed us in his own blood, to him be all glory forever and ever AMEN! :wave:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I share God's WORD because it is God's WORD not mine. You cannot defend your claim of taking scriptures out of CONTEXT now can you? I am happy to share Gods WORD with you. I share Gods WORD because it is God's WORD not my words. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29; MATTHEW 15:3-9. It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only sent in love and as a help to you brother :).

God bless
You post links to verses. When you do that in carpet-bomb fashion, without any type of explanation, you assume the meaning. All I’m asking is that you pick one or two and give the reason why you think they are relevant.

Would you accept as a counter-argument if I just posted links to verses that I thought were relevant? I would hope not. I’m just asking to to engage in meaningful discussion. I’m not sure why you are shying away from that. You could have used any of the last four long posts to me to do that. Instead, you give nonsense responses that try to put the burden on me.

It makes it look like you are hiding.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
GOD bless you all and love you all. Nice talking with you all. HAPPY SABBATH my time. I will be back latter. Wishing you all only LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the HOLY GHOST! To him who loved us and washed us in his own blood, to him be all glory forever and ever AMEN! :wave:
Not washed enough, though, apparently.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you agree that God's 4th commandment has never been abolished and we are not commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day and we are to keep God's 10 commandments then do you keep them?

Already answered. Your only repeating yourself here brother. Please see post # 1879 linked which directly answers your challenge with God's WORD. What is your argument if you believe that we are to keep the 10 commandments? It seems like contradicting yourself with your statements.

Look forward to your clarification.

I may choose to go to Church on Sunday or Saturday or Wednesday.

The question you keep avoiding to answer, is simple.

Is it a sin to go to Church on Sunday, rather than Saturday?

It’s yes or No.

If you are to ashamed to answer then what is the point of this thread?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Few points with scripture support here...

We are not under the SHADOW laws of MOSES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVANANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7. These were SHADOWS of things to come *COLOSSIANS 2:17; HEBREWS 10:1-8. God's ETERNAL LAW however is God's LAW that in the OLD AND NEW COVENANT give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 in the OLD COVENANT with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us the knowledge of what SIN is in the NEW COVENANT. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to?

The is not one single scripture here in this response.

These are statements of your opinion with scripture references.

If you believe your are under the law of Moses, then you must keep all the law, which means putting to death Sabbath Violaters.

What violates the Sabbath?

Here is what a scripture looks like.

You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:14-15

You keep referring to the law of Moses.

If you believe you are then move to Israel and sacrifice animals for your sins.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your response was...

Few points with scripture support here...

We are not under the SHADOW laws of MOSES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVANANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7. These were SHADOWS of things to come *COLOSSIANS 2:17; HEBREWS 10:1-8. God's ETERNAL LAW however is God's LAW that in the OLD AND NEW COVENANT give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26; EXODUS 24:7 in the OLD COVENANT with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us the knowledge of what SIN is in the NEW COVENANT. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to?

We are in the NEW COVENANT now not the OLD COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD *JOHN 3:15-21. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted into God's ISRAEL *ROMANS 11:13-27. It sounds like your trying to argue against God's 10 commandments again that you said in another post that Christians are to follow? Have you changed your mind? Sounds like you are contradicting yourself brother. Did you wish you explain yourself and clarify your position so there is no misunderstandings? Or are you teaching God's 4th commandments is ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? If so where is your scriptures?

Indeed. How does this answer the question in the post you are quoting from? JESUS is not re-commanding God's 10 commandment he is showing that the application of them is to the inside out. He is magnifying the law in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. Now JESUS did not re-command any of God's 10 commandments he simply taught about what was already given to God's people 4000 years earlier *EXODUS 20:1-17. Why would JESUS need to re-command God's 10 commandments when God's people already had them for 1000's of years. Yout argument makes no sense. Where does JESUS re-command the first 4 commandments which are our duty of love to God?

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If we break any one of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11.

Did JESUS and the APOSTLES and God's people travel to Church on the Sabbath? What does God's 4th commandment say *EXODUS 20:8-11

Nope.

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day) [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

Preparation day (6th day of the week)

EXODUS 16:22-23 [22], And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses. [23], And he said to them, This is that which the LORD has said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath to the LORD: bake that which you will bake to day, and seethe that you will seethe; and that which remains over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

MARK 15:42, And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath

The preparation day is the 6th day of the week. This includes preparing to stop all business and secular work as well as any domestic work; cooking, cleaning; shopping, buying and selling that can be done on any other day of the week.

Doing God's WORK and doing GOOD on the SABBATH is not doing our own work *MATTHEW 12:1-12. God's 4th commandments states it is unlawful to do our own work. This includes all business and secular work as well as any domestic work; cooking, cleaning; shopping, buying and selling that can be done on any other day of the week and anything to do with uneccessary work (Exodus 20:8-11; Exodus 16:22-23; Matthew 21:13).

Why? Is doing Good on the Sabbath a sin? Nope *MATTHEW 12:1-12

We should worship God everyday as did the disciples *ACTS 2:46-47. The issue is over sin and breaking any one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. *ROMANS 3:20. What does God's 4th commandment say?

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day) [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

Did you set aside the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH for GOD and did you keep it Holy? You have the answers to your questions. How about you now answer mine?

Hope this helps.

It time for you to list all the commands from Jesus or His Apostles that specifically instruct us what actions violate the Sabbath today, under the New Covenant.

With your list, make sure to list the actual scripture from the New Testament where the law of Christ specifies exactly what we can and can not do on the Sabbath.

JLB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.