where do you think the current PC will end up become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the point he’s trying to make is that while you complain about “women” and “blacks” making “white men” to be the enemy, you also complain that when white male privledge or bad behavior is spoken of that people don’t clarify it’s only “some” white men. You have no problem lumping all women and “blacks” into a group, but get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]y when it’s done to you.

When asked to explain yourself, you get upset, say you have an excuse for speaking like you do, then keep saying you’re poor and powerless... Neither is which are true. You are basically being what you accuse everybody else of doing to you, despite the fact that literally nobody is doing it to you.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, "white men", not "many white men".
Would you prefer "white trash?"

ETA:

ARGHH! I just looked up that phrase (which I remember well from my childhood) and the definition on wikipedia said it was a RACIAL slur against poor white people, especially southern rural US. By middle and upper class white people.

If they are both white, how can it be racial? I cringe at the misuse of that word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But for us not in any power who are treated like crud, we aren't afraid of it because we never got treated well to begin with.
Sorry, but I think you are being WAY over dramatic here.

So what if every black out there wants every white person scrubbed from the face of the earth? Or that some radical feminists want to eliminate the Y chromosome from the Human gene pool? It does not matter to you or me in the least.

Complaining about stuff is what God was angry with Israel for and made them wander in the Sinai desert for 40 years (until all adults died out)

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree with Dave that you are being way too over dramatic. I do not see any evidence of "hatred" against white men, or that they are being treated like "crud" - or that YOU personally have ever been treated like crud based on the fact that you are a white male.

The only thing I see out there is that there are women out there who are exposing the sins against them - right from being considered property when the women's liberation movement began, all the way to the current issue of sexual misconduct and assault. Would you go along with it if men started exposing the sins against them? There are many men who now speak out against domestic violence in which they are the victim. Do you think they should keep that hidden in the dark, or should they expose it in order to bring healing? The Bible says to confess your sins one to another that you may be healed. It does no one any good to keep sins hidden. Women have been quiet about misconduct for millennia. It is a far bigger issue than previously thought, and it is currently being exposed in Hollywood and the entertainment industry. Will you have them shut up so they carry their burden alone, and thus perpetuate the misconduct? From all you are saying here, it seems you would shut the women up and let the men rule over them again. This is not about bashing white men. It is about a social problem and the justice required to address the problem. And it is not done in hatred; it is done to protect other women who would otherwise have been hurt by those same men. It is done for justice. And my God is a God of justice.

If you go looking for hatred, that is what you will find but it is not real hatred; instead, it is the hatred you make up in your mind because you interpret people's intentions that way.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you prefer "white trash?"

ETA:

ARGHH! I just looked up that phrase (which I remember well from my childhood) and the definition on wikipedia said it was a RACIAL slur against poor white people, especially southern rural US. By middle and upper class white people.

If they are both white, how can it be racial? I cringe at the misuse of that word.

Around here it’s racial because it’s a passive implication that one is better in their whiteness than the other. Poor ignorant people vs better off educated people. It’s a slur in that it’s how people of the same color insult them over their color. Kind of like how people of other skin tones will harass each other over who is darker than lighter. I have African Americans insult other African Americans for being very dark, for example. I can’t use the words they use for obvious reasons, but in the situation the implication is your peers have judged you and found you wanting.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Around here it’s racial because it’s a passive implication that one is better in their whiteness than the other.
That makes absolutely NO SENSE to me whatsoever. They both are equally white.

It is class prejudice, not racial.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the point he’s trying to make is that while you complain about “women” and “blacks” making “white men” to be the enemy, you also complain that when white male privledge or bad behavior is spoken of that people don’t clarify it’s only “some” white men. You have no problem lumping all women and “blacks” into a group, but get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]y when it’s done to you.

When asked to explain yourself, you get upset, say you have an excuse for speaking like you do, then keep saying you’re poor and powerless... Neither is which are true. You are basically being what you accuse everybody else of doing to you, despite the fact that literally nobody is doing it to you.
As stated I mess up and don't use the right words. But at least I have a reason why I do it on accident.

So your saying I'm not poor or powerless? This would mean you must know me then and my whole life and where I am at now. Are you arguing I'm not powerless because you don't think anything is being done to me? Reverse racism is being done to me for one thing. Not by many of course. But none the less its done.

Powerwise I basically am told what to do and have no control over how my life is. Meds and health issue rule my life. I don't even have money to lead a normal life. I don't drive. I live at home. My wife only works part time and we don't make the bills. Thus my parents have to eat the cost.

And I do realize being white means if I encounter a cop, I'm less likely to be harrassed of course. And I realize that as a male I'd probably make more money then a woman who would be in my same position if I worked.

Sorry, but I think you are being WAY over dramatic here.

So what if every black out there wants every white person scrubbed from the face of the earth? Or that some radical feminists want to eliminate the Y chromosome from the Human gene pool? It does not matter to you or me in the least.

Complaining about stuff is what God was angry with Israel for and made them wander in the Sinai desert for 40 years (until all adults died out)
Sure, its not that bad. But whenever I talk to people online and say anything there like "Your probably a white male!" and they bully me. As if all white males are the same.

I'd also say you are saying its not that bad at this point. But I imagine thats how the Jews felt at first with the nazis "Eh, they aren't doing to much right now!". Not that whats going on will ever go that far of course.

I agree with Dave that you are being way too over dramatic. I do not see any evidence of "hatred" against white men, or that they are being treated like "crud" - or that YOU personally have ever been treated like crud based on the fact that you are a white male.
That makes no sense at all. Unless you have lived my life, how can you know how I am treated? To be fair I also spend alot of time online. And online its a different world then offline where people are less likely to be confrontational if your white or black or whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is class prejudice, not racial.
It's both.

As I understand it....the implication is that *most* whites aren't poor (or trash). IOW....you have to add those descriptors to set apart that person from the rest of the race (as an exception). The people that use that phrase don't usually go to such length for setting apart people of other races (allowing them to be bundled together with their bias). The exception I can think of would be if they're speaking of a person they find favorable (i.e.----he's such a well-spoken/well-dressed black person). See what I mean? If it's a white person....the exception is "poor and trash". If it's a person of color...the exception is "well-dressed and well-spoken".

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd also point out your acting very childish. "Get over it!" and "whiney brats". Again don't recall Jesus saying those things. At least I can agree to disagree. If you really hate men I'd say just ignore threads like this. Or at least come in and not make assumptions. As I am a poor white man with no power and nothing really.

Poor white men think they're "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" so they keep voting for the same group of idiots who have caused numerous economic downturns over the past century. You think you have it so bad...I'm a hispanic woman. Try getting thru life as me! I've had to fight for everything I've ever gotten. Had to fight my way through school...statistically I was supposed to be pregnant/on welfare/working in a bodega or bar. Had to fight my way through college. Latina women in engineering programs in the early 1980's...yeah...no. Fought my way through my first few jobs "go home and bake cookies and leave your job for a man who has a family to support".

Jesus didn't say anything about voting for a pathological liar either, did he? Where did he say that Christians should sell their souls to the crooked alleged "pro-life" crowd? WHERE? I want chapter and verse where Jesus says "thou shalt vote Republican all thine days".

I don't hate men, I'm married to one, I've worked with them. I can't stand whiny white boys who think they're being "persecuted" because the culture/society is demanding a change in the language used to refer to people. Not 50 years ago, it was OK to call a black person the n-word in public, to his or her face. Not 50 years ago it was OK to call my mother "Spic trash" to her face. Not 50 years ago, it was OK to call my father names too.

Don't like it? Tough.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As stated I mess up and don't use the right words. But at least I have a reason why I do it on accident.

I’m simply pointing out that when people say things you don’t like, they’re against you. When people call you out for the off color things you say, it’s “whoops, accident!” and then you keep saying them. You hold yourself to a lower standard than to expect from others.

So your saying I'm not poor or powerless? This would mean you must know me then and my whole life and where I am at now. Are you arguing I'm not powerless because you don't think anything is being done to me? Reverse racism is being done to me for one thing. Not by many of course. But none the less its done.

I’m arguing you’re not powerless because you have unrestricted access to utilities, Jobs, advancement, education, voting, public office, housing, and basic life needs and do not ever need to wonder if your access will be restricted due to your race and gender.

“Not many” instances of “reverse racism” (which isn’t a thing, btw) is not a sign of persecution. It’s a sign that you ran into a jerk, not a movement to target your gender, faith, or race.

Powerwise I basically am told what to do and have no control over how my life is. Meds and health issue rule my life. I don't even have money to lead a normal life. I don't drive. I live at home. My wife only works part time and we don't make the bills. Thus my parents have to eat the cost.

This is not a tree you want to bark up with me. Unless you are an indentured servant, you have control of your life. Even with medical issues. And medical issues you can’t afford to manage isn’t a race or persecution issue. It’s a life issue.

I know what its like to have a medical problem that dominates your life. It’s hard, but it doesn’t denote a lack of control in your life.

And I do realize being white means if I encounter a cop, I'm less likely to be harrassed of course. And I realize that as a male I'd probably make more money then a woman who would be in my same position if I worked.

So your “not many instances” of “racism” is a sign of persecution, yet you’re still admitting and happily claiming the benefits that come from being a white male... My brain hurts.

I’m not even going to address the “not many instances” and how you compared it to aWhat happened to the Jewish people. That’s downright offensive.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
That makes no sense at all. Unless you have lived my life, how can you know how I am treated? To be fair I also spend alot of time online. And online its a different world then offline where people are less likely to be confrontational if your white or black or whatever.
Having a pretty good understanding of the things you post on here, if you were mistreated, you'd come on here and post about it. And if you hadn't made original threads about it, you surely would have provided examples here. But you haven't. And I certainly haven't seen it happen on here.

But... since you seem to think I don't know, then I am currently affording you the opportunity to describe specifics of how you have witnessed "hatred" of white men, and how you personally have experienced it. Online or irl.

And though it's not part of my conversation with you, I just want to say that if you have an address, you are rich. If you have eaten today, you are rich. If you have a change of clothes to wear while you clean your clothes, you are rich. If you have clean drinking water, you are rich. If you or anyone in your family uses transportation other than your bare feet, you are rich. If you have eaten in a restaurant (even cheap fast food) or had an edible treat in the last year, you are rich. As for power, if you have the freedom to make decisions, to speak freely, own any technology and communicate through it, if you have the right to vote, etc, you have power. If you can access SSI (or whatever disability income is called), if you have power. If you have an education, you have power. You had the power to choose a wife, to marry, to decide where you and your wife will live, and how you will live. You can learn to exercise that power in a way that will be helpful in your life. In most cases, helplessness is learned. And I know that you have an ABI, but I've seen you on these forums... you can function, and would likely function well enough in a part time job - or even full time. And I think if you were desperate enough, you probably would.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's both.

As I understand it....the implication is that *most* whites aren't poor (or trash). IOW....you have to add those descriptors to set apart that person from the rest of the race (as an exception). The people that use that phrase don't usually go to such length for setting apart people of other races (allowing them to be bundled together with their bias). The exception I can think of would be if they're speaking of a person they find favorable (i.e.----he's such a well-spoken/well-dressed black person). See what I mean? If it's a white person....the exception is "poor and trash". If it's a person of color...the exception is "well-dressed and well-spoken".
But that is NOT race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the last two sentences. That's racial bias.
Not so. You are subdividing the races on some other criteria, like economic class or education. Those have nothing to do with race.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the insult refers even in part to the color of their skin and follows it up with a negative, it’s a racial insult. Living in an area where that insult is lobbed about pretty liberally, I can say that every time it has been done so to attack ones race as well as their socio-economic status and intelligence.

The intent behind the terms is that they’re abusing/misusing/representing their race in a negative way. Somebody has examined them compared to others of the same race and found them wanting. It’s a “yes they’re white, but...”

There Are several insults among all races that insult the race of their own raced people. “Sambo” was one, as was “Uncle Tom” or “Uncle Remus” for African Americans, though there are other terms that mean the same that are used more now, I just can’t/won’t say them here. It’s meant to imply that yes, somebody is that race, but they’re an lesser representation of it.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not so. You are subdividing the races on some other criteria, like economic class or education. Those have nothing to do with race.
First of all......it's not my division. I was trying to explain to you the bias that *other* people hold to, but you seem intent on protecting the idea that you were originally right when you said, "it's not racism". Bias based on race is racism (but I'm not interested in arguing back and forth about it).

When people believe poverty is synonymous with blacks....IOW...it's just part of their characteristics (or Hispanics or any race besides Caucasians)...that's racism. When a person is surprised that a black person is a prestigious doctor (for example)....that's a racist bias. Racism is tied up with all those things you mentioned (education, economic status, etc).

What do you even think racism is (if you're going to divorce it from education; economic status...etc)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you even think racism is (if you're going to divorce it from education; economic status...etc)?
Bias for or against someone based SOLELY on skin color, facial features or other group physical characteristics. It does not include speech patterns, education, or class.

That was taught in grade school.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.