where do you think the current PC will end up become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Talk alone establishes nothing.

Well, the entire #MeToo movement proves that is entirely wrong.

And yes, I’m ignoring the grossness of your implication that when it comes to sexual violations, either do something or shut up.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just because persecution here isn't as bad elsewhere doesn't mean it can't be talked about. Persecution is persecution no matter what.

The white Christian male majority is literally so not persecuted that they mistake not getting their way all the time and inclusion as persecution.

I wonder if the women that want to be independent also treat the man as if he should also be independent? Because too often I find men just do whatever their wife tells them. Doesn't seem like they want the husband to be independent. Though biblically if you want independence you stay single. When you're married you become one. Not saying you MUST rely on every single thing from your spouse of course. But independence doesn't seem to match up with the word married as one.

Case in point.

Lastly aren't both sides technically whiny brats?

Case in point x2.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yes, I’m ignoring the grossness of your implication that when it comes to sexual violations, either do something or shut up.
That is not my implication at all. I understand (to a degree) the damage inflicted by those kind of actions.

My wife was repeatedly molested and nothing was said. Ever. Her perp eventually got his (decades later) when he did the same thing on his own daughters.

She still lives with the scars. I am sure his girls will too.

Had something been said and done, my wife perhaps could have gotten the help she needed and his girls would have been spared that fate.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The white Christian male majority is literally so not persecuted that they mistake not getting their way all the time and inclusion as persecution.
We are not persecuted. PERIOD.

When we are beheaded in the streets, THEN we are being persecuted.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not my implication at all. I understand (to a degree) the damage inflicted by those kind of actions.

My wife was repeatedly molested and nothing was said. Ever. Her perp eventually got his (decades later) when he did the same thing on his own daughters.

She still lives with the scars. I am sure his girls will too.

Had something been said and done, my wife perhaps could have gotten the help she needed and his girls would have been spared that fate.

On a personal note, my heart bleeds for your beautiful souled wife. That is a crime that’s shocking in its level of underreporting and protection of the guilty. In relation to this discussion, I’m very sorry for misreading what you were intending. That was what I took from your line of speaking, I was wrong.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are not persecuted. PERIOD.

When we are beheaded in the streets, THEN we are being persecuted.

Exactly.

Did we just agree on something? ^_^

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On a personal note, my heart bleeds for your beautiful souled wife. That is a crime that’s shocking in its level of underreporting and protection of the guilty. In relation to this discussion, I’m very sorry for misreading what you were intending. That was what I took from your line of speaking, I was wrong.
Thank you. Even after 40 years of marriage we are still working thru all of that.

And I accept your apology. We are not always clear on these forums, me especially.
Did we just agree on something? ^_^
Maybe so ...... Scary! :)

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Case in point.

Case in point x2.
Well we can agree to disagree. As a male I see what I see. In america being a white male is becoming more of a thing most groups seem to pick on. At least by blacks and hardcore feminists.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for me as a Christian, i am beginning to feel more and more depressed about the current direction of where this whole thing is going.

it seems it was not that long ago people respect the fact there some people who hold different opinions, such as marriage is between a man and a woman, pro life etc

but now those views are increasingly casting as "hate" speech?

it is like with the MeToo movement, it appears to me at least, the movement is seeking to eradicate the degrees of wrong behaviors......

and a person's claimed subjective experiences should trump over everything....

that rape allegations must be believed and it seems to me they are increasing seek to do away with the due process....

it is definitely a scary time we live in......

I find the PC brigade and the more hysterical and militant elements of e.g the LGBT lobby frustrating, but I don’t think they should be conflated with women speaking out about being sexually assaulted or intimidated by men in power. Those are not ‘PC’ issues, they are real world issues that a lot of women face.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well we can agree to disagree. As a male I see what I see. In america being a white male is becoming more of a thing most groups seem to pick on. At least by blacks and hardcore feminists.
I think you may be doing a better job of supporting her point more than even she is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I find the PC brigade and the more hysterical and militant elements of e.g the LGBT lobby frustrating, but I don’t think they should be conflated with women speaking out about being sexually assaulted or intimidated by men in power. Those are not ‘PC’ issues, they are real world issues that a lot of women face.
.....maybe note your use of certain terms and ask yourself if you're excused from those terms being applicable to you.

To be read in the voice of Forrest Gump:
That's all I've got to say about that.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....maybe note your use of certain terms and ask yourself if you're excused from those terms being applicable to you.

To be read in the voice of Forrest Gump:
That's all I've got to say about that.

Could you be a little less cryptic?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you may be doing a better job of supporting her point more than even she is.
Technically I'd think the fact how aggressive the women are responding, it would if anything prove my point of men are starting to be treated as if all men are bad. We can't even speak (no matter our side) without women ganging up on us. Or blacks for that matter.

Yes, I realize for now men are still doing "better", but just because that is the case doesn't mean we should ignore the hatred that is slowly growing. I see the sexist white men in power, but I'm tired of all men being treated as if we are the same. I'm a white male but I have no power or anything. I'm poor and stuck.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

“Picked on...” :doh:

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Technically I'd think the fact how aggressive the women are responding, it would if anything prove my point of men are starting to be treated as if all men are bad. We can't even speak (no matter our side) without women ganging up on us. Or blacks for that matter.

Yeah, it sucks to have an opinion and then have to deal with hearing different ones from “blacks” and women.

Yes, I realize for now men are still doing "better", but just because that is the case doesn't mean we should ignore the hatred that is slowly growing.

Can white Christian men make up a majority of our government, our public safety force, our medical force, our colleges, our entertainment industry, and top careers and still have the word “better” in quotes?

I see the sexist white men in power, but I'm tired of all men being treated as if we are the same.

Yeah, it really stinks being lumped together with the whole of your gender and ethnicity...

Irony is ironic.

I'm a white male but I have no power or anything. I'm poor and stuck.

Oh, so it’s this kind of thread. Got it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
People and life issues are a bit more nuanced than that. Just because some of us women are responding (what is "aggressive" about any of these posts.....seriously give that some consideration why you perceive it that way....honestly) doesn't mean we are painting all men with the same broad brush (not even ALL white men). That's the exact trouble with trying to discuss issues that involve any certain profile.

If you're concerned about "being ganged up on" (and why can't you speak?....this is written media, no one is interrupting you or talking over you)....I honestly would really appreciate it if you'd take the time to watch this scene from Grey's Anatomy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat

Well, if white men quit going around thinking they're God's gift to the rest of us, maybe we'd leave them alone. Thing is, white men are used to being the majority and having all the power. They're losing both and now they're scared they'll be treated the way they've treated women and minorities. They should be.

And, considering the last mass shooters were white men, the idiots in DC are "white men", the sexual violators that have been on the news are "white men"...well, I'd say the criticism of white men is quite well founded. Those who get all defensive about it are either scared or mad that they can't get away with acting like a bunch of middle school bullies anymore.

In the immortal words of Don Henley "I'd like to find your inner child...Get over it"

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if white men quit going around thinking they're God's gift to the rest of us, maybe we'd leave them alone.
Problem is you are talking as if I am part of that group that thinks they are Gods gift. You didn't say "many white men". Which shows how you really feel about all men period.

Thing is, white men are used to being the majority and having all the power. They're losing both and now they're scared they'll be treated the way they've treated women and minorities. They should be.
Maybe true for those men in power. But for us not in any power who are treated like crud, we aren't afraid of it because we never got treated well to begin with. Though I do again point out you REALLY hate men given your saying something unbiblical of basically "Men were bad, so we deserve to treat them bad back!". If I recall Jesus said turn the other cheek. Its what I try to do to those who treat me badly.

And, considering the last mass shooters were white men, the idiots in DC are "white men", the sexual violators that have been on the news are "white men"...well, I'd say the criticism of white men is quite well founded.
Again, "white men", not "many white men".

Those who get all defensive about it are either scared or mad that they can't get away with acting like a bunch of middle school bullies anymore.
Again, I can agree, but saying all feel that way is an assumption. Such as in my case, I'm defensive because your assuming all men are the mad because all men have power and all men are evil.

In the immortal words of Don Henley "I'd like to find your inner child...Get over it"
The irony here is many people here, including yourself in the past have told me to word things better. Use words like some, many, a few...etc instead of one black word like "women" or "blacks"...etc. And yet your here doing the same thing, not using the proper words.

Though earlier I did the same and just said women and blacks instead of some women and some blacks. But at least I have a valid reason for screwing up how I talk. I'd also point out your acting very childish. "Get over it!" and "whiney brats". Again don't recall Jesus saying those things. At least I can agree to disagree. If you really hate men I'd say just ignore threads like this. Or at least come in and not make assumptions. As I am a poor white man with no power and nothing really.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.