where do you think the current PC will end up become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
for me as a Christian, i am beginning to feel more and more depressed about the current direction of where this whole thing is going.

it seems it was not that long ago people respect the fact there some people who hold different opinions, such as marriage is between a man and a woman, pro life etc

but now those views are increasingly casting as "hate" speech?

it is like with the MeToo movement, it appears to me at least, the movement is seeking to eradicate the degrees of wrong behaviors......

and a person's claimed subjective experiences should trump over everything....

that rape allegations must be believed and it seems to me they are increasing seek to do away with the due process....

it is definitely a scary time we live in......

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
for me as a Christian, i am beginning to feel more and more depressed about the current direction of where this whole thing is going.

it seems it was not that long ago people respect the fact there some people who hold different opinions, such as marriage is between a man and a woman, pro life etc

it is like with the MeToo movement, it appears to me at least, the movement is seeking to eradicate the degrees of wrong behaviors......

that rape allegations must be believed and it seems to me they are increasing seek to do away with the due process....

it is definitely a scary time we live in......
For the believer, Hebrews 12.2 is a great reference point. :)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Respect for those with with "different opinions" is low now ... all around.

The MeToo movement is fairly new ... and deals with very serious wrongs which have been perpetrated upon women, children, and some men since the onset of humanity.

Try and tell me there's not a power component involved in that !

It's going to take a while to figure it all out ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m so thankful for being really consistent with pursuing meditation and mindfulness.

Now, when I read a thread and don’t know where to even begin with what was just said, I know it’s best to shake my head and say “nope, not touching this one” and then go about my day.

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The MeToo movement is fairly new ... and deals with a very serious wrongs which have perpetrated upon women since the onset of humanity.

It's going to take a while to figure it all out ...

just based on mine impression, MeToo movement is originated from a serious wrong that women face.

however, it seems to me the movement is less based on desire for justice, and more on desire for revenge.

third wave feminism have dominated western society for at least 20 years now. and has inflicted enough damage on men in mine opinion, enough is enough.

i personally can never condone anything that is motivated by hatred, anger and desire for revenge, regardless of the toll it takes on the innocents all masked in the pursuit for equality but is anything but.

just mine two cents.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just based on mine impression, MeToo movement is originated from a serious wrong that women face.

however, it seems to me the movement is less based on desire for justice, and more on desire for revenge.

How do you come to this conclusion ... particularly taking into account how widespread the problem is ?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

The "#MeToo" movement isn't about revenge, accusations, or beating up on men. Rather, it is about addressing widespread misconduct found in society by communicating that #1) it's is a huge widespread problem, and 2) We need to do something to prevent more victims.

For example, did you know that if you have 3 MEN in the room, chances are at least one of them was sexually abused before the age of 18? And that the man standing in the room probably feel very ashamed about what happened and feels like he's the only one who's been through that misery?

Why? Because predictors and society traditionally have made sexual misconduct utterly taboo to talk about. And when you can't talk about hurt, individuals can't get healed and society can't do things to prevent more and more victims.

We NEED to talk about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,387.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should this topic be in the married forums? :scratch:

I know the world is messed up, has always been and always will be until Jesus comes and makes it right again. Until then, I focus on Him and try to keep the political stuff to a downright minimum.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
The "#MeToo" movement isn't about revenge, accusations, or beating up on men. Rather, it is about addressing widespread misconduct found in society by communicating that #1) it's is a huge widespread problem, and 2) We need to do something to prevent more victims.

For example, did you know that if you have 3 MEN in the room, chances are at least one of them was sexually abused before the age of 18? And that the man standing in the room probably feel very ashamed about what happened and feels like he's the only one who's been through that misery?

Why? Because predictors and society traditionally have made sexual misconduct utterly taboo to talk about. And when you can't talk about hurt, individuals can't get healed and society can't do things to prevent more and more victims.

We NEED to talk about this.
Exactly. Plus, it's not about revenge so much as it is about exposing abusers so women can protect themselves, since the justice system does a terrible job at protecting us. As stated here, though, it's not just about women who are being raped or sexually assaulted; men need to start speaking up, too. Women can, and do, rape men - though it is likely not so prevalent as it is men assaulting men. Imo, the whole issue is about social justice, not about revenge. It's time there is equality! Feminism was not borne out of hatred, but from the desire to be recognized as female human beings rather than men's property.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a strangely almost related topic, I just watched “Song of the South,” which is (for those who don’t know) about post civil war Georgia and the social dynamic of the time. It’s famous for being Disney’s “lost movie” for its depiction of African Americans. It is accused that Disney sanitized slavery and racism with the “happy slave” and a buffet of other racially centered stereotypes.

Not going to lie, I found it a really interesting watch. I didn’t think the depictions of race and racial dynmanics was even one inch different than how it was depicted in “Gone with the Wind” and maybe since the movie had such a reputation, I went in prepared and thus not shocked. It’s a product of its time, really.

What I did find insanely interesting is that while there was tons of noise about race in the movie, it actually tackled some other topics that would have been 100 times more controversial for the time it was made and released. Like, the parents were getting a divorce. Kids casually mention they’re taking a puppy to the creek to drown it to get revenge on a sibling. Parents announce they’re going to “beat” their kids “black and blue.” An African American man basically tells off a rich, white woman... More than once. While Disney these days tries to be as non controversial as possible, in 1949 under Walt’s direction, apparently they had no problem tackling social issues of the era a movie is made head on and coming down pretty blatantly progressive.

Can you imagine if Disney did a movie that was so progressive now? Like if Disney unapologetically did a movie featuring gay interracial characters getting married and adopting kids? Holy cow, people would lose their bananas. The mind melt would be fast and furious and loud and long.

It was a deeply fascinating counterpoint to experience from a company known now for trying to appeal to everybody from in an era were theoretically much more conservative than today’s social environment.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know the world is messed up, has always been and always will be until Jesus comes and makes it right again. Until then, I focus on Him and try to keep the political stuff to a downright minimum.
That begs the question, "what is political stuff"?

If it's your daughter or son (or your husband or self) that have experienced sexual misconduct, wouldn't it be difficult (even wrong) to just have the response of "focusing on Him and keeping that political stuff to a minimum"? To some people, they don't have that option.

I apologize if that sound combative, Lilac.....because I truly don't mean it in that way. I've just heard this from too many [former] FB friends....and it seems to completely go against the instruction Jesus gave us to love others.

When people in power--especially pastors-- label that as "political stuff" (and I don't mean you, Lilac, as you didn't first come up with that term :) )....it seems to be a way to distance those that are most in need (but still feel okay about themselves).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the problem with the MeToo movement is that while I personally think its great, there are also stories of people accusing others without any proof and ruining that persons life. There seems to be no due process. Someone just says something and within hours that person (that is accused) is harassed online by thousands of people and even loses their job. Granted these cases where the person is innocent are maybe like only 10% of cases.

None the less I'm glad the movement is happening. Though I also feel it seems men, especially white men are being turned into the one thing everyone attacks now when it comes to our PC world. Some women hate men, some latinos hate white men, some blacks hate white men...etc.

This is why I think sadly the school shootings happen. White men are feeling trapped and like they can't do or say anything without the world wanting to attack them. And for those men with mental issues like the recent school shooter) now they go do something crazy to vent.

Me though? I don't care to much. I say what I will regardless of what people think. Anyways the bible said in general christians will be hated in the end.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Though I also feel it seems men, especially white men are being turned into the one thing everyone attacks now when it comes to our PC world
I'm going to have to learn more about TW's meditation and mindfulness techniques....

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Look at this site:-
Our Religious Freedom
and see what is happening.
As to where it will end, well jews were first demonised, then denied rights and the ability to work in many jobs, then they were denied all rights and attempts where made to remove them.

That is where it is going.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem with the MeToo movement is that while I personally think its great, there are also stories of people accusing others without any proof and ruining that persons life. There seems to be no due process. Someone just says something and within hours that person (that is accused) is harassed online by thousands of people and even loses their job. Granted these cases where the person is innocent are maybe like only 10% of cases.

None the less I'm glad the movement is happening. Though I also feel it seems men, especially white men are being turned into the one thing everyone attacks now when it comes to our PC world. Some women hate men, some latinos hate white men, some blacks hate white men...etc.

This is why I think sadly the school shootings happen. White men are feeling trapped and like they can't do or say anything without the world wanting to attack them. And for those men with mental issues like the recent school shooter) now they go do something crazy to vent.

Me though? I don't care to much. I say what I will regardless of what people think. Anyways the bible said in general christians will be hated in the end.

Aaaaaaand... Judging by how my right eye is twitching, time to hit the meditation pillow again... :|

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to have to learn more about TW's meditation and mindfulness techniques....

I just caught up on this thread. I’ve advanced from from meditation and mindfulness to M&Ms and margaritas.

This forum really needs gif capabilities. It would help a lot. There are a whole range of feelings that can only be captured with a good gif.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.