Illinois
✟176,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am new to politics and news, I was interested at age 18 but I am now starting to understand agenda's behind news stations and very bad bias.

These were the ones I was watching, I liked to watch left wing and both right wing to get both sides. But I don't really think these news stations are that good anymore.

CNN, YTY, FOX, INFO WARS. Left and right wing, all of them are terrible in my opinion. I feel its all for publicity and money, and they can lie to everyone and everyone will eat it anyways.

I caught all 4 of these station spreading lies. Is this current day news, or am I missing something?

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am new to politics and news, I was interested at age 18 but I am now starting to understand agenda's behind news stations and very bad bias.

These were the ones I was watching, I liked to watch left wing and both right wing to get both sides. But I don't really think these news stations are that good anymore.

CNN, YTY, FOX, INFO WARS. Left and right wing, all of them are terrible in my opinion. I feel its all for publicity and money, and they can lie to everyone and everyone will eat it anyways.

I caught all 4 of these station spreading lies. Is this current day news, or am I missing something?

I used to watch and read a number of different news sources to sort through them well enough to find out what was really going on. Then about six months ago some insane man started walking down my street dragging a clanging string of tin cans behind him and screaming incoherently at the top of his lungs. I've just been listening to him lately and I'm better informed than I've ever been.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I read about 16-17 online editions of various websites and new outlets (CNN, NBC News, FOX News, ABC, CBS, even Breitbart). They have views ranging from extreme left to far right. Personally, I'm slightly center-right. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I get my news from independent journalists who have YouTube channels. People like Tim Pool, Ben Shapiro with his Daily Wire network.

I also like social commentary from Joe Rogan, The Rubin Report and things like the recent debates between Jordan B. Peterson and Sam Harris.

Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Beyond any doubt, Cable News is not news in many cases. I usually watch local news stations if I want a fairly unbiased program but that is not always the case. Most programs on CNN are left leaning while their political pundits are quite liberal. Fox News would be there same as far as the right wing goes though their political pundits are further right than CNN's are left. And then there is Shep Smith. He may be the most centralist figure in Cable News and how he survives on Fox is beyond me. :)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny how people that lean one way always think that the news sources that lean the other way are more pronounced in their biases than the ones they agree with politically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well, I spent an hour looking at what organizations I followed over the past three month and this is what I came up with.

Every day I check…

NPR, BBC, MLive, Reuters, The Economist, UPI, Associated Press, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Detroit News, and The Grand Rapids Press.

About twice a week I check out…

Christian Science Monitor, Haaretz, Al Jazeera, Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA), The Jerusalem Post, Russian News Agency-TASS, and The Wall Street Journal.

Twice a month I get…

The Navy Times and Army Times.

Nothing too far left or right.

Anything else is for entertainment purposes.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

An important distinction to keep in mind...

There's a difference between bias and inaccuracy. Some use the terms interchangeably. However, it's crucial to know the difference.

Certainly both CNN and Fox News are biased. However, they're not equally inaccurate in their reporting and punditry. (Despite the fact that right wing folks will try to suggest that "CNN is just as bad").

You do have some left wing sources that would be as bad (Salon, perhaps Mother Jones). However, in terms of the big media outlets, the left is more accurate than the right these days.

PunditFact checks in on the cable news channels

...believe me, I wish it weren't that way. I'd like to be able to get accurate information from both points of view.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Its really important to understand the difference between bias and reliability.

Bias mans certain topics and stories will be favored over others.

Reliability means that even if there's bias, you can still generally count on the veracity of the stories presented.

Its OK to include biased sources in your mix, as long as youre aware of the bias, and perhaps balance it out with opposing biases.

Its never any good to dip into un-reliable sources.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I pay half attention to the CBS morning show, and watch the PBS NewsHour in the evening. Subscribe to Washington Post and LA Times.

Then I come here to get all the links to Breitbart and Daily Caller and someone's personal favorite... The Federalist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums