Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don't have any authority over demons, in and of ourselves. God is sovereign and Him alone. We don't cast demons out nor do we command them. God does.

If we see some sort of evidence of demonic influence or possession we are to run to God and trust in Him. And if it is a possession, we proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, so that God may save the person being possessed and the Holy Spirit will indwell them. The Holy Spirit is who casts out demons, not us.
Yes we do.
Jesus rebuked His disciples for not having the faith to cast a particular demon out but said " this kind don't got out accept by prayer and fasting.

Mark 16:17. Jesus says about every believer " in My name they shall cast out devils".

All authority has been given to us born again Spirit filled followers of Christ in fact He commands us to.

Jesus is in heaven sitting at the right hand side of Farher God.
He delights in us following as we have the Helper with us, Holy Spirit empowering the mission in Jesus name.

Don't you realise that the same dunamis power that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in us?

Man, I do. Anything less is a cop out.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This figure involves exorcisms of a couple of minutes to hours. By this, Fr. Amorth is not talking about 160,000 solemn exorcisms. The Rite takes longer than that. But, he is counting brief prayers of people afflicted with demons.

I believe demons can only be cast out by God-not by doing rituals-they can pretend to leave-like with that girl who died.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe demons can only be cast out by God-not by doing rituals-they can pretend to leave-like with that girl who died.

Self deliverance is very real. I have nothing much to say about ministers who do casting out except that it seems a bit fake to me when I have ever seen it.

Imagine spraying yourself with DEET in the woods. The skeeters buzz all around you. Some land on you and jump off. Some decide to bite anyway.
Demons are just like that. After experiencing deliverance when one stays close to God its like being sprayed with DEET. They are still there buzzing about but we have a repelant which is our righteousness.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Self deliverance is very real.
Imagine spraying yourself with DEET in the woods. The skeeters buzz all around you. Some land on you and jump off. Some decide to bite anyway.
Demons are just like that. After experiencing deliverance when one stays close to God its like being sprayed with DEET. They are still there buzzing about but we have a repelant which is our righteousness.

A demon can inhabit a Christian?

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A demon can inhabit a Christian?
No.
Though I have first hand experience with self-deliverance I cannot say where they actually exist and for certain how they affect us.
It seems like all they can do is drop thoughts. Temptations. Lies.
So they don't inhabit at all.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No.
Though I have first hand experience with self-deliverance I cannot say for certain how they affect us.
All they can do is drop thoughts. Temptations. Lies.
So they don't inhabit at all.

When I was prayed over a few years ago I was told I had a demon-was that a reference to oppression?

I read our spirit is sealed but not our soul and body.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was prayed over a few years ago I was told I had a demon-was that a reference to oppression?

I read our spirit is sealed but not our soul and body.
Right.
Part of the glorious coming event....the redemption of our bodies.....is being freed from the affects effects and very presence of evil in any part of our beings. But for now.........

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right.
Part of the glorious coming event....the redemption of our bodies.....is being freed from the affects effects and very presence of evil in any part of our beings. But for now.........

Is it a mystery why the angels weren't created that way?

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it a mystery why the angels weren't created that way?
God created many beings in the beginning. Its not just limited to angels and man. There are many many categories or shall we say species of beings. We know that some angels look like men and some like strange objects (the wheel within the wheel). Just like the animal kingdom.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God created many beings in the beginning. Its not just limited to angels and man. There are many many categories or shall we say species of beings. We know that some angels look like men and some like strange objects (the wheel within the wheel). Just like the animal kingdom.

it doesnt matter-but are the angels in the bible (the types described) all they are-or you speculate there may be more?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it doesnt matter-but are the angels in the bible (the types described) all they are-or you speculate there may be more?

I have no information on specifics here. The Father showed me that the animal kingdom is a representation of what He has created. My guess is that just like there are many species of dogs like wolves, coyotes and Chihuahuas, there are many kinds of angels (and demons) though they are of the same "kind". Demons have personalities like we do and addictions like we do. Some are violent. Some are homosexual. Some are lustful. Some are liars. Some are power hungry.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have no information on specifics here. The Father showed me that the animal kingdom is a representation of what He has created. My guess is that just like there are many species of dogs like wolves, coyotes and Chihuahuas, there are many kinds of angels (and demons) though they are of the same "kind". Demons have personalities like we do and addictions like we do. Some are violent. Some are homosexual. Some are lustful. Some are liars. Some are power hungry.

What do you mean by that? Prayer?

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by that? Prayer?
I just mean that demons attach to us and there are many kinds. Our temptations we endure are from demons (or like Paul calls it...the flesh)
We all have different things that cause us to sin. The flesh as its called, is simply a vehicle for demons to use. The flesh is weak and often falls into sin by the promptings of demons.
Don't get too worried, though. We ALL have this problem.
All we need to do is walk in the spirit of God's divine love and demons are neutralized.

It is all a big test.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just mean that demons attach to us and there are many kinds. Our temptations we endure are from demons (or like Paul calls it...the flesh)
We all have different things that cause us to sin. The flesh as its called, is simply a vehicle for demons to use. The flesh is weak and often falls into sin by the promptings of demons.
Don't get too worried, though. We ALL have this problem.
All we need to do is walk in the spirit of God's divine love and demons are neutralized.

It is all a big test.

So the animal kingdom is a representative of heaven?

Upvote 0

Historical Christianity

Site Supporter
Apr 6, 2017
Silicon Valley, CA
✟24,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Demons went the way of phlogiston. The word could appropriately be translated as pathogen. We now understand what pathogens really are, and the various forms of physical and mental illness. We still have the concept of an agent of disease (infection, pathogen), but now we know what they are, and they are physical, not spiritual or supernatural. Until the last century, the history of medicine was the history of the placebo effect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Prayer?

Upvote 0

Linda24

Jun 1, 2017
Berlin, Germany
✟1,234.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a little bit surprised. Demons were never seen in antiquity as the "evil", but as a counselor or advisor before all sorts of dangers. This is what the Greek origin word "daimon" says to us.
It was only in later times, especially in Christianity and Islam, and even in Judaism (about 300 BC), that the evil demons were made of the good demons. I wonder why, and therefore come to psychology. Why do religions need the evil demons? Why do people justify their terrible actions by being possessed by demons? Perhaps as a kind of "scapegoat" you can push everything to clean yourself?

Upvote 0