Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can a Christian have a demon?

I was prayed over in church one time and it was said-maybe it meant I was under oppression?

I do not believe if you are truly saved you can be possessed. But a believer can be vexed and oppressed by demons. Especially if the believer is dabbling in things that give the enemy the right. People open doors to the enemy that lead to oppression, torment, and vexation.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe if you are truly saved you can be possessed. But a believer can be vexed and oppressed by demons. Especially if the believer is dabbling in things that give the enemy the right. People open doors to the enemy that lead to oppression, torment, and vexation.

Would you say the stigmata is a sign of possession?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No the bible talks about it not because they were mentally ill, because demons are real.

Acts 16

16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

The bible does not say she was healed of mental illness, it says the spirit (demon) to come out.

Does it say in Ephesians 6 we wrestle against the mentally ill....

How can you identify a demon?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would LOVE for some of you that do not believe demons are real, to walk ONE day in my shoes. A whole new world would open up to you, guaranteed. And due to the sensitive nature of the subject, No I cannot share a lot of things on here. Out of respect for others. Praying for those that do not know or understand :prayer:

• Agree
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would LOVE for some of you that do not believe demons are real, to walk ONE day in my shoes. A whole new world would open up to you, guaranteed.

Agreed. Like any war, I think a spiritual war has front-lines. Just because you aren't on them, doesn't mean it isn't going on.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No the bible talks about it not because they were mentally ill, because demons are real.

Acts 16

16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

The bible does not say she was healed of mental illness, it says the spirit (demon) to come out.

Does it say in Ephesians 6 we wrestle against the mentally ill....

This is untrue. There are different kind of demonic possesions. Even the apostles were unable to heal all kinds of possesions.
In fact Matthew 17:15-18 names the medical condition calling it epilepsy and then Jesus heals him by expelling a demon.

The medical conditions are constantly being reclassified and given new names through the ages and societies and cultures. A few decades ago there was a thing called gender identity disorder today it's called transgender and is normal. Two thousand years ago this would have been labeled demonic delusions.

Matthew 15:28 speaks of healing the Daughter of a Canaanite woman not expelling demons. People who were born blind and mute were said to be demonically possessed and were "healed" by Jesus.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you identify a demon?

Mostly it is discerned through the Holy Spirit. Usually they identify themselves by revealing themselves. One, they hate the word of God, they hate praising God, and they hate both of those things coming from a true believer that is full of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is untrue. There are different kind of demonic possesions. Even the apostles were unable to heal all kinds of possesions.
In fact Matthew 17:15-18 names the medical condition calling it epilepsy and then Jesus heals him by expelling a demon.

The medical conditions are constantly being reclassified and given new names through the ages and societies and cultures. A few decades ago there was a thing called gender identity disorder today it's called transgender and is normal. Two thousand years ago this would have been labeled demonic delusions.

Matthew 15:28 speaks of healing the Daughter of a Canaanite woman not expelling demons. People who were born blind and mute were said to be demonically possessed and were "healed" by Jesus.

The disciples were unable to cast out all types of demons, the apostles had grown in their maturity and understanding. Also, the "disciples" were not full of the Holy Spirit yet since Jesus had not died and rose from the dead.

Healings and Deliverance from demons are two different things. Matthew 15 was not a case of possession as the text clearly states she was vexed, not possesed. Never the less it was a demon behind it. Jesus did not say there is no demon woman. He responded to her faith and the demon fled and whatever was caused by that devil was healed in this case.

Matthew 15
21Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. 22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Matthew 17 - note the headline in your bible right above the text it clearly says Jesus cast out a demon from a Boy. That was not epileptic seizure, it was the manifestation of a devil...

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

I mean it is right there in the text for crying out loud.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but he "healed",not cast out the demons in every instance. Working with many immigrants of varying Christian backgrounds still view certain illnesses as demonic attacks (seizures for example) because culturally that's what they have always been. In fact I know a person here from NYC born and bred in the city who had severe illnesses such as vertigo and seizure. He was on medications till his 20's. At that point he turned to Christ and began a prayer life and discernment. He stopped the medications completely and while not healed entirely can control these episodes and lives a normal life without meds. He makes clear that his turning to Jesus is what's keeping the demons at bay and no longer control him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but he "healed",not cast out the demons in every instance. Working with many immigrants of varying Christian backgrounds still view certain illnesses as demonic attacks (seizures for example) because culturally that's what they have always been. In fact I know a person here from NYC born and bred in the city who had severe illnesses such as vertigo and seizure. He was on medications till his 20's. At that point he turned to Christ and began a prayer life and discernment. He stopped the medications completely and while not healed entirely can control these episodes and lives a normal life without meds. He makes clear that his turning to Jesus is what's keeping the demons at bay and no longer control him.

It says right in Matthew 17 he cast the devil out. Not sure why this is so hard to understand it is right there in the text.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Mostly it is discerned through the Holy Spirit. Usually they identify themselves by revealing themselves. One, they hate the word of God, they hate praising God, and they hate both of those things coming from a true believer that is full of the Holy Spirit.
There have been numerous claims of demonic position wherein people have done all sorts of absurd things to others because of this sort of speculation.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we excorsise our demons where do they go?

I find no example in the Bible where people exorcise their own demons. Where do you get this from?

what about our precious Earth and her elements?

Where do you get this from? This is not a Biblical teaching. Earth is not a person or an entity, nor a "her".
The earth is an inanimate object created by God.

Upvote 0

Nous Sommes

May 10, 2017
Manchester
✟17,930.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find no example in the Bible where people exorcise their own demons. Where do you get this from?

Where do you get this from? This is not a Biblical teaching. Earth is not a person or an entity, nor a "her".
The earth is an inanimate object created by God.
I don't know where they came from!
Good question!
Maybe from ignorance or some deep rooted belief.
Thinking back, I picked up the earth as feminine due to being taught it was with no questions asked.
And excising our demons ourselves is most probably due to my seeing everything as one. Otherwise I'm lost for thought!

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have been numerous claims of demonic position wherein people have done all sorts of absurd things to others because of this sort of speculation.

So because in your mind people have abused position and used false claims (probably false believers) that negates demons from reality and that negates the Holy Spirit from discerning it?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So because in your mind people have abused position and used false claims (probably false believers) that negates demons from reality and that negates the Holy Spirit from discerning it?
It was widely believed during the times of Christ and after that when someone had an epileptic seizures or other common disorders that they were demon possessed. But Jesus had the ability to real demonic possession. Today plenty of people who have been born of the spirit might think they are encountering demons when it's just various human problems.

After Jesus defeated Satan and inaugurated a new dispensation all the rebel forces were taken away.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

my issue wiht deliverance ministry is it feels like a mediator-idk though.

Upvote 0

chihwahli

Apr 29, 2012
✟20,987.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, faith is just the basics at which things work. It is not THE thing that prevents demons coming back.

The question is why did they ever enter someone?? Sin is a reason. Another reason is negative feelings or thoughts. The more someone exercises these negative thoughts or sin, that will open doors for demons to enter. Same thing with drugs, smoking, excessive eating or drinking. In basic words: anything you do not have under control might open doors.

Faith will not prevent demons from entering. There is a passage in the bible that talks about the strong man (Matt 12:29, Mark Mark 3:27, and Luke Luke 11:21-22.). The solution is to have God fill every empty spot in you. Some might think, didn't I already give myself to God. Is my body not God's temple. Well, talk aint the same as giving as a sacrifice in whole. The moment you told the world, demons, angels and God himself that you belong to Jesus and He is your Lord is THE beginning. It is not the finish! The reason is that your spirit man was reborn, but your thoughts and feelings are still the old. That's why the bible says about nailing yourself to the cross.

Nailing yourself to the cross, is , what I think a continues, lifelong action that is always in the present tense. Because sometimes we think or feel to go back to the old ways.

As long someone did not let the old ways of thinking or feeling go, they are all open doors for demons. Or they make it easy for demons to use you as a target practise. Target practise? if you ever talk to prophetic people in Christ, they sometimes see arrows sticking into you. That means, you were negative, or sinning, etc, that lowers your protection.

Examples:

- Anger for someone , you cannot explain it why you are angry at all sometimes.
- Lust for any girl or man
- Love for money
- Excessive eating or drinking
- keep using drugs, smoking, etc and cannot get rid of it.
- feeling a looser always
- thinking you know everything and your the best (devil did that ,and how he fell!)
- (extreme ) fear for people, situations, possbile future problems, etc

Why above list? Every negative thing or thing that is not good for your body has a named demon after it. Just read the bible. So by doing things that are not good for you, you are actually inviting them and kicking God away in certain parts in your temple. (temple is your flash body, thinking, feelings etc).

I was talking about lowering your protection. How???
Bible talks about the armor of Christ. Shield of faith. That is only one part! You need the whole armor! Otherwise arrors from the devil to hurt you keep hitting you and will stick. Read about Gods armor (
Ephesians 6:10-18
)

Yeah they go elsewhere, the bible says that when they're cast out sometimes they try to go back to their old host. So if you're getting delivered...make sure your faith is super strong -- because those d3moms will try to com3 back and if theyre able to get in....they'll come back stronger. So you have to have strong faith and be able to defend yourself against them when they try to come back.

They also search for other people to inhabit as well, its all very creepy.. That's why its good to have God living on the inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nous Sommes
Upvote 0