Faith712

Jan 3, 2012
✟29,549.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone! God bless you!

I am schizophrenic and hear voices. These voices scream the same things over and over again into my ear. I believe they are or could be demons. When they are overwhelming me, I look at the cross and that comforts and heals me (from headache and irritation).

I keep going back and forth between believing in God and believing in Aphrodite. Aphrodite tells me I am surrounded by devils and everyone are devils in disguise and that the scriptures are her words and things like that. I keep going back and forth between the 2 and it is a mess.

I want to commit and stay with God and Jesus. So I know I need to pray a prayer to come back to them, but are there other prayers I may consider praying? Is it true God no longer talks to us?

Thank you. God bless. Please pray for me.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keep reading God's Word, trustingly. John's Gospel is a wonderful book of the New Testament, centred on the love of the Lord Jesus, God's beloved Son.

This, and also find a Scripture that you can memorise easily and when the voices tell you otherwise, speak that, and believe it for it is the one and only truth.

Perhaps you could start with John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life" and say "Lord I believe".

Also Psalm 27:1
" The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

If these are a bit long for the present, even Psalm 28:7a
"The Lord is my strength and my shield"

By doing so it will remind you of Gods truth, not the deceiving voices that try to tell you otherwise.
A good study for you would also be Ephesians 6:11-18.
God bless you and I hope this may be of some help.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This, and also find a Scripture that you can memorise easily and when the voices tell you otherwise, speak that, and believe it for it is the one and only truth.

Perhaps you could start with John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life" and say "Lord I believe".

Also Psalm 27:1
" The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

If these are a bit long for the present, even Psalm 28:7a
"The Lord is my strength and my shield"

By doing so it will remind you of Gods truth, not the deceiving voices that try to tell you otherwise.
A good study for you would also be Ephesians 6:11-18.
God bless you and I hope this may be of some help.
Excellent verses and passage there.

Prayer and the Scriptures can truly be truly life-transforming.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I am schizophrenic and hear voices. These voices scream the same things over and over again into my ear. I believe they are or could be demons. When they are overwhelming me, I look at the cross and that comforts and heals me (from headache and irritation).

I keep going back and forth between believing in God and believing in Aphrodite. Aphrodite tells me I am surrounded by devils and everyone are devils in disguise and that the scriptures are her words and things like that. I keep going back and forth between the 2 and it is a mess.

I want to commit and stay with God and Jesus. So I know I need to pray a prayer to come back to them, but are there other prayers I may consider praying? Is it true God no longer talks to us?

It is not the goddess who is speaking to you. It is a lying demon pretending to be her. It is saying these things to you to derail your faith in Christ. What you need to do is to say, "You lying spirit, the Lord rebuke you, and I totally renounce everything you are trying to tell me!" If you maintain that stand against the spirit, it will give up on you and leave you alone.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Yes, God still speaks to us. He will lead you and guide you. He speaks through His word, through the brethren and directly to our innermost being,our spirit.

You are definitely troubled by demons. You need to command the evil spirits to get out of your life. Christians can't be possessed, but they can be oppressed. That means being manipulated and controlled against your will.
Freedom is available. Lord Jesus cast 5,000 or so demons out of the man at Gadara. If you are not confident, ask a mature Christian who knows their authority to help.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible tells us "That man looks at the outside appearance, but God looks at our heart". You don't need to pray a specific prayer, you just need to make a determined decision in your heart, and God will accept that.

As for does God still speak to us, He can speak to us when we seek it, but it is not often that He speaks in a voice like way, He is more likely to give an inner impression of what He is thinking, or would like us to do.

Seeing you are experiencing voices, I would suggest that you don't try to hear God's voice, just trust that God loves you, based upon what He tells you in the bible. Read the bible regularly, and pray often, it might seem hard initially but I can guarantee in the long run prayer will bring you peace.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No it is not true that God doesn't speak to us. He speaks to us through the Truths of the word and in the Spirit of Divine love. And yes you can communicate with Him and share your life with Him. However you have to watch out out for the wicked for they will bring around anti-Christ ideas and visions and will try to rob your mind of the truth. That is why it is best only ever to believe God's truths and nothing else.

He says in His word that if we do His will -- love God above all and our neighbour as well as our selves -- then God Himself in Trinity will dwell within us. In John 14 Jesus explains this truth to the disciples.

So let Love for God teach you right from wrong and you will flourish and be a blessing to others.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I Hear voices too but DONT LISTEN TO THEM never ever believe what that false goddeses tells you she wants you to follow her she is wrong
Jesus loves you sister we love you sister my voices i never listen to them i listen to Jesus Bible.is | Experience the Word of God Like Never Before. Free. this has helped me so much listening to this got me closer to Jesus dont listen to her at all play praise and worship music keep praying
i am praying for you dear sister you are loved no matter what the false goddess tell you LISTEN TO JESUS find a church near you and go there
Sister you are loved by Jesus and by us

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Hear voices too but DONT LISTEN TO THEM never ever believe what that false goddeses tells you she wants you to follow her she is wrong
Jesus loves you sister we love you sister my voices i never listen to them i listen to Jesus Bible.is | Experience the Word of God Like Never Before. Free. this has helped me so much listening to this got me closer to Jesus dont listen to her at all play praise and worship music keep praying
i am praying for you dear sister you are loved no matter what the false goddess tell you LISTEN TO JESUS find a church near you and go there
Sister you are loved by Jesus and by us
Hi, @Lily76_ When other ideas seem to intervene, it's so good to be able to turn to God's Word prayerfully, and keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2). :)

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The next time she speaks to you, ask God to rebuke her for you. Do this as often as she speaks, God will surely honor your prayers. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums