✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And just when did WATER BAPTISM END ?

Just looking at the 3 other web site that I am on , Water Baptism is being believed , for salvation an as a Gospel for today , as written in Mark 16:15 and 16 ?

Or will water Baptism make a come back ?

Especially , since Water Baptism was only given to Israel , as written in John 1:31 .

What say you ?

dan p

Last edited:

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ritual cleansing existed long before Jesus as the pools outside the second temple attest, but did the gentiles immediately follow suit or was it excluded for a time as were many other rites of Jewish practice?
Will reply on Thursday .

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And just when did WATER BAPTISM END ?

Just looking at the 3 other web site that I am on , Water Baptism is being believed , for salvation an as a Gospel for today , as written in Mark 16:15 and 16 ?

Or will water Baptism make a come back ?

Especially , since Water Baptism was only given to Israel , as written in John 1:31 .

What say you ?

dan p

Water baptism never ended and there is no reason to believe that it did.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It stopped for a bit because the further inland you go, the less clean water there is.

Once technology allowed for it, people had the luxury to debate about it again.

• Useful
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a verse , and do consider it , Acts 1:5 is says that WATER BAPTISM , but now you will be BAPTIZED with Holy Spirit NOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and it definitely will happen and it did at PENTECOST , Acts 2:38 .

John's water baptism did end at ACTS 28 :27 .

Bur it will begin again when the 144,000 begin to preach as written in Mark 16:15----18 are the SIGNS , when that happens .

Water Baptism is just ONLY one of the LEAST known subjects in the bible !

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is a verse , and do consider it , Acts 1:5 is says that WATER BAPTISM , but now you will be BAPTIZED with Holy Spirit NOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and it definitely will happen and it did at PENTECOST , Acts 2:38 .

John's water baptism did end at ACTS 28 :27 .

Bur it will begin again when the 144,000 begin to preach as written in Mark 16:15----18 are the SIGNS , when that happens .

Water Baptism is just ONLY one of the LEAST known subjects in the bible !

dan p

Water baptism is one of the principles of the doctrines of Christ, see Heb 6:1, and has been practiced by Christianity for two thousand years now. It is through water baptism that one receives forgiveness of previous sins, see Acts 2:38. Paul himself was baptized long after those events, see Acts 9:18. A person is baptized in water for forgiveness of sins and then chrismated to receive the Holy Spirit, see again Heb 6:1. The idea that water baptism ended is simply not worth considering.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ritual cleansing existed long before Jesus as the pools outside the second temple attest, but did the gentiles immediately follow suit or was it excluded for a time as were many other rites of Jewish practice?
The only verse that points to WATER BAPTISM is Acts 1:5 , that shows WATER BAPTISM will cease and the HOLY SPIRIT will be given .

Your reply is in John 4:4 where an ANGEL TROUBLED the water and the first one to enter was HEALED .

The Greek word BAPTISM / BAPTIZO can be translated by , Water , Sprinkling , Submerging , Dipping , or Dry Baptism , or Washing .

dan p

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism is one of the principles of the doctrines of Christ, see Heb 6:1, and has been practiced by Christianity for two thousand years now. It is through water baptism that one receives forgiveness of previous sins, see Acts 2:38. Paul himself was baptized long after those events, see Acts 9:18. A person is baptized in water for forgiveness of sins and then chrismated to receive the Holy Spirit, see again Heb 6:1. The idea that water baptism ended is simply not worth considering.
It may be a play on words, but for a while there "immersion" stopped and was replaced with sprinkling.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be a play on words, but for a while there "immersion" stopped and was replaced with sprinkling.
If anyone says that WATER BAPTISM is still in effect , there has to be a reason why it will come back .

#1 Why was Jesus WATER BAPTIZE by John as He had NO SIN !

#2 Why in Matt 3:15 was Jesus BAPTISM to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS ?

#3 Why was WATER BAPTISM only given to Israel and not given to Gentiles ?

#4 Rev 1 :6 says that Israel will be kings and priests , and when does that HAPPEN ?

#5 Did Christ have ANYTHING to REPENT OF , see Gen 6:6

#6 Christ will be a HIGH PRIEST ,WHY ? read Heb 5:1--10

# 7 Then read Gen 6:7 as to why we are ALL still here ?

dan p

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ritual immersion/cleansing was part of Jewish life and Jesus no doubt had partaken in it previously. There were/are even immersion /cleansing pools at the entrance to the Temple. What was the relation to the immersion with John to His coming out, beginning His ministry?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If anyone says that WATER BAPTISM is still in effect , there has to be a reason why it will come back .

#2 Why in Matt 3:15 was Jesus BAPTISM to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS ?

#3 Why was WATER BAPTISM only given to Israel and not given to Gentiles ?

#4 Rev 1 :6 says that Israel will be kings and priests , and when does that HAPPEN ?

#5 Did Christ have ANYTHING to REPENT OF , see Gen 6:6

#6 Christ will be a HIGH PRIEST ,WHY ? read Heb 5:1--10

# 7 Then read Gen 6:7 as to why we are ALL still here ?

dan p
I remember my baptism. It was a good experience of intimacy with God.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember my baptism. It was a good experience of intimacy with God.
And I did believe in WATER BAPTISM and was water baptized , and never understood what it meant , and that was a long time ago .

I am just trying to explain what WATER BAPTISM was given to in John 1:31 and I cannot believe for you , it is your decision !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And I did believe in WATER BAPTISM and was water baptized , and never understood what it meant , and that was a long time ago .

I am just trying to explain what WATER BAPTISM was given to in John 1:31 and I cannot believe for you , it is your decision !!

dan p
You don't need to believe me for what happened, to have actually happened. I'm not sure if decision is the correct word there for that sentence, it doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will reply on Thursday .

dan p
Reading Mark 7:4 we see that they WASHED / BAPTISMOS that they were washing cups , and pots vessels and tables ,,and that same Greek word is used in Heb 6:2 and is a type of BAPTISM .

Agree / or disagree ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I And where was WATER BAPTISM given to the BODY OF CHRIST , as I have yet to see that verse , and please show where that verse is found , that I can examine it ??

dan p

Upvote 0