sg
✟216,927.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi and the UNPARDONABLE SIN can only be committed on Jesus earthly ministry as recorded in Matt 12:31 and can NEVER be committed again by Israel !!

dan p

I presume you are also an Acts 2 dispensationalist? Thus you will not attach any special significance to Stephen stoning. That is understandable.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I presume you are also an Acts 2 dispensationalist? Thus you will not attach any special significance to Stephen stoning. That is understandable.

Hi and I am NOT Acts 2 or Acts 13 or Acts 28er as I am Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

The context of Matt 12:31 is Israel and not the B O C !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,927.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi and I am NOT Acts 2 or Acts 13 or Acts 28er as I am Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

The context of Matt 12:31 is Israel and not the B O C !!

dan p

If you are Acts 9, that means mid acts. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay, for the unpardonable sin, we can agree to disagree. I originally thought MAD generally believed that it was the stoning of Stephen that heralded the grace dispensation.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are Acts 9, that means mid acts. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay, for the unpardonable sin, we can agree to disagree. I originally thought MAD generally believed that it was the stoning of Stephen that heralded the grace dispensation.

Hi Guojing and the stoning of Stephen is just one of the sign posts that Israel will be set aside as 2 Cor 3:13:13-16 , Isa 6 :1-13 and Luke 13:6-9 , Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and in Acts 28:28 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The events "portrayed" (Galatians 4: 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory:.) in scriptures are dealing with the conscience and have no historic or specific race, gender, or class respected over another, the spirit blows where it wills according to the voice referred to as the Father of us all.

If one has left the first elements of belief behind the flesh version of Christ is no longer needed once the mystery of Christ in you is fully weighed against traditional doctrines that retain a mixture of flesh and religious spirit that require observation, 2 Corinthians 5:16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new..

Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Only one division in scripture that makes it dead or alive, 2 Corinthians 3:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Psalms 40:6Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. Galatians 4:1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all

If I AM be not raised in you (conscience), your still dead in your sins and looking for another to come in time, Hebrews 9:8The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

1 Corinthians 3:16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? Hebrews 9:24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

All OT scripture is figurative,
(1{Maschil of Asaph.} Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

2I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

3Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.)

concerning the conscience of Christ hidden in man John 1:9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. and that body temple is built without hands starting in the womb of darkness/flesh Matthew 11:11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The events "portrayed" (Galatians 4: 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory:.) in scriptures are dealing with the conscience and have no historic or specific race, gender, or class respected over another, the spirit blows where it wills according to the voice referred to as the Father of us all.

If one has left the first elements of belief behind the flesh version of Christ is no longer needed once the mystery of Christ in you is fully weighed against traditional doctrines that retain a mixture of flesh and religious spirit that require observation, 2 Corinthians 5:16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new..

Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Only one division in scripture that makes it dead or alive, 2 Corinthians 3:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Psalms 40:6Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. Galatians 4:1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all

If I AM be not raised in you (conscience), your still dead in your sins and looking for another to come in time, Hebrews 9:8The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

1 Corinthians 3:16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? Hebrews 9:24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

All OT scripture is figurative,
(1{Maschil of Asaph.} Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

2I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

3Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.)

concerning the conscience of Christ hidden in man John 1:9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. and that body temple is built without hands starting in the womb of darkness/flesh Matthew 11:11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

What you are trying to say is cloaked in parables. What are you trying to say?

Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you are trying to say is cloaked in parables. What are you trying to say?
Luke 17:21, 1 Corinthians 3:16, pretty much sums up what my post was about, reread those two verses and ponder what's being said about the Kingdom and temple location, its not the one made with hands, its the other one that isn't made with hands, which is the only division in scripture, flesh and spirit interpretations being mixed is the leaven of traditional confusion, 2 Cor 5:16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. mixing flesh literalism that represent spiritual typologies hast to be left behind before one can move on from elemental faith taught by and through flesh portrayals to the spiritual equivalence of the allegories, and symbolic typologies, which Paul exposed in Galatians 4:20-30.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luke 17:21, 1 Corinthians 3:16, pretty much sums up what my post was about, reread those two verses and ponder what's being said about the Kingdom and temple location, its not the one made with hands, its the other one that isn't made with hands, which is the only division in scripture, flesh and spirit interpretations being mixed is the leaven of traditional confusion, 2 Cor 5:16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. mixing flesh literalism that represent spiritual typologies hast to be left behind before one can move on from elemental faith taught by and through flesh portrayals to the spiritual equivalence of the allegories, and symbolic typologies, which Paul exposed in Galatians 4:20-30.

Well I hope you don't talk this way to others. Your hyper spiritual conversation means little.

Yes we are living in the mystery form of the kingdom. but the physical form of the kingdom will be established when Jesus physically returns to earth!

Yes we are the temple of god, but in eternity the Lord God and the Lamb will be the temple!

Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I hope you don't talk this way to others. Your hyper spiritual conversation means little.

Yes we are living in the mystery form of the kingdom. but the physical form of the kingdom will be established when Jesus physically returns to earth!

Yes we are the temple of god, but in eternity the Lord God and the Lamb will be the temple!

Nope your still clinging to a Christ of flesh for fear of blasphemy if you actually claimed the title he portrayed, its bondsmen mentality that isn't ready to claim it all Galatians 4:1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all, time to leave the hyper bondservant's servitude to dead letter traditions or remain as a man waiting on another to come who is still dead asleep in you, Ephesians 5: 14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. There's your raised Christ out of the dead called humanity, some keep re-lying on a Baal type blood sacrifice served by Rome to ignorant gullible masses they caught with fear inappropriate content to save Christ who is your own I AM, but your carnal mind can't receive it yet, keep looking for your other Christ to come rule in your place.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope your still clinging to a Christ of flesh for fear of blasphemy if you actually claimed the title he portrayed, its bondsmen mentality that isn't ready to claim it all Galatians 4:1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all, time to leave the hyper bondservant's servitude to dead letter traditions or remain as a man waiting on another to come who is still dead asleep in you, Ephesians 5: 14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. There's your raised Christ out of the dead called humanity, some keep re-lying on a Baal type blood sacrifice served by Rome to ignorant gullible masses they caught with fear inappropriate content to save Christ who is your own I AM, but your carnal mind can't receive it yet, keep looking for your other Christ to come rule in your place.

All I can glean from your hyper spiritual bloviating here is that you appear to be an adherent to the gnositc apostate belief systems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi to all and some believe that the BODY OF CHRIST began :

#1 In Genesis

#2 It began in Acts 2 ?

#3 It began in Acts 9 ?

# 4 It began in Acts 13 ?

#5 It began in Acts 28 ?

What say you and provide a verse saying WHERE , HOW , and with WHO ?

dan p

Okay, to break it down.

The body of Christ is called the temple of God by Jesus, while He was on earth. There was some emphasis placed on when the son of man was in the world and the type of things He could do as long as His incarnate body was in the world.

The spiritual body of Christ makes an appearance in the Major Prophets and is called "the Glory of the Lord" a complete version of this person of Christ appears in the first chapter of Revelation.

The Body of Christ in terms of the marriage parable (in which He is the head) is explained as a Spiritual Body (Ephesians 2:22) and also a Physical entity where a community of faith comes together and looks out for one another. (Read New Testament)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are talking about Gentiles and Jews being in the same body, it could not have started in a Jewish festival, Pentecost, in Acts 2.

Ahhh, but how do you know that? Where does scripture say it could not have started with a Jewish festival? You ask others to prove their position but you really never do. If you read Eph 2:11-22 you will see that the Gentiles were brought into the body which was already in place, made up primarily of course of the Jews. Especially verse 19, "Now then, you (gentiles) are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens WITH the saints and members of the household of God. The Gentiles were brought in and made fellow citizens with the saints (Jews) who were already part of the body of Christ. It obviously started at Pentecost with the outpouring of the Spirit.

You could say it began even before that, because God chose us in Him before the foundations of the world that we should be holy and blameless before Him in love.

Eph 2:20 says the body of Christ was built upon the foundation of the apostles (plural) and the prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. The body started with Christ, who was slain before the foundation of the world. It came into humanitie's time when He died, was buried, rose from the dead and ascended on high. Its Christ's program, and all the apostles were part of it, as it says above it was built upon their foundation, with Christ as the chief cornerstone.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,927.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, but how do you know that? Where does scripture say it could not have started with a Jewish festival? You ask others to prove their position but you really never do. If you read Eph 2:11-22 you will see that the Gentiles were brought into the body which was already in place, made up primarily of course of the Jews. Especially verse 19, "Now then, you (gentiles) are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens WITH the saints and members of the household of God. The Gentiles were brought in and made fellow citizens with the saints (Jews) who were already part of the body of Christ. It obviously started at Pentecost with the outpouring of the Spirit.

You could say it began even before that, because God chose us in Him before the foundations of the world that we should be holy and blameless before Him in love.

Eph 2:20 says the body of Christ was built upon the foundation of the apostles (plural) and the prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. The body started with Christ, who was slain before the foundation of the world. It came into humanitie's time when He died, was buried, rose from the dead and ascended on high. Its Christ's program, and all the apostles were part of it, as it says above it was built upon their foundation, with Christ as the chief cornerstone.

Peter at that time still consider it against the Law for Jews to associate themselves with Gentiles. Isn't that obvious why the BOC could not have started with Acts 2?

He addressed only to Jews and accuse them of murdering Jesus. Gentiles were not included until Acts 10.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peter at that time still consider it against the Law for Jews to associate themselves with Gentiles. Isn't that obvious why the BOC could not have started with Acts 2?

He addressed only to Jews and accuse them of murdering Jesus. Gentiles were not included until Acts 10.

Doesn't mean the body of Christ didn't start till then....God brought in the Gentiles when he chose to. I wouldn't have a problem so much about when it started if the 12 apostles and early church are included in the body of Christ. Do you think they are?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do not confuse philosophy with Scripture! Yes the Body of Christ was and is composed of Jew and Gentile but that does not mean it would happen all at the same time!

People become Christians by accepting the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for their sin and then they receive the Holy Spirit the moment they believe! Paul said entrance into the body is by Spirit Baptism.

Look at verse 47 of chapter 2.

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

The Lord added to the CHURCH! That should end the argument!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,927.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not confuse philosophy with Scripture! Yes the Body of Christ was and is composed of Jew and Gentile but that does not mean it would happen all at the same time!

People become Christians by accepting the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for their sin and then they receive the Holy Spirit the moment they believe! Paul said entrance into the body is by Spirit Baptism.

Look at verse 47 of chapter 2.

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

The Lord added to the CHURCH! That should end the argument!

I consider the Apostle Paul to be the pivotal moment for the BOC, but I think its no big deal. If you feel the BOC began at Acts 2, I am fine too.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I consider the Apostle Paul to be the pivotal moment for the BOC, but I think its no big deal. If you feel the BOC began at Acts 2, I am fine too.

As a teacher I like to be neat in all the little details, but this is a little little thing if people do not agree.

Upvote 0

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Dan:

I seem to remember you from years ago. Thank you for starting this topic. You wrote:

Hi to all and some believe that the BODY OF CHRIST began :
What say you and provide a verse saying WHERE , HOW , and with WHO ? dan p

This is really a simple question with only one accurate answer, even though the many kinds of professing dispy's here will likely disagree.

The first member of Christ's Body to be baptized into His body by God's grace through faith was the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus in Acts 9:3-8. God would reveal all things related to "the mystery" ("wisdom given him" 2Peter 3:14-16) through a series of "revelations" (Gal. 1:11-12) upon making Paul the "chosen instrument of Mine" (Acts 9:15) who became the steward of the current "dispensation of God's grace" (Eph. 3:2) still in effect today.

Where? The Road to Damascus.
How? By God's Grace through faith apart from works. Eph. 2:8-9.
Who? Paul was saved by God through His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ.

Get more info at https://www.terral03.com in the Scripture Section if interested.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dan:

I seem to remember you from years ago. Thank you for starting this topic. You wrote:

This is really a simple question with only one accurate answer, even though the many kinds of professing dispy's here will likely disagree.

The first member of Christ's Body to be baptized into His body by God's grace through faith was the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus in Acts 9:3-8. God would reveal all things related to "the mystery" ("wisdom given him" 2Peter 3:14-16) through a series of "revelations" (Gal. 1:11-12) upon making Paul the "chosen instrument of Mine" (Acts 9:15) who became the steward of the current "dispensation of God's grace" (Eph. 3:2) still in effect today.

Where? The Road to Damascus.
How? By God's Grace through faith apart from works. Eph. 2:8-9.
Who? Paul was saved by God through His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ.

Get more info at https://www.terral03.com in the Scripture Section if interested.

So you do not believe those in the upper room were part of the body of Christ in Acts 2?
Scriptures to defend your position?
Paul was the chosen instrument yes- but to take the gospel to the gentiles.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, to break it down.

The body of Christ is called the temple of God by Jesus, while He was on earth. There was some emphasis placed on when the son of man was in the world and the type of things He could do as long as His incarnate body was in the world.

The spiritual body of Christ makes an appearance in the Major Prophets and is called "the Glory of the Lord" a complete version of this person of Christ appears in the first chapter of Revelation.

The Body of Christ in terms of the marriage parable (in which He is the head) is explained as a Spiritual Body (Ephesians 2:22) and also a Physical entity where a community of faith comes together and looks out for one another. (Read New Testament)

Hi and there is ONLY one temple today and Paul writes about it in 1 Cor 3:16 and that the SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLETH IN YOU , and only true about the BODY OF CHRIST , ONLY !!

Today there CANNOT BE Jews not Greeks in the B O C , Gal 3:28 !!

dan p

Upvote 0