Where Did The Bible Come From? Did Catholics Add Books to The Bible OR Did Protestants Remove Books from The Bible? The Truth About The Apocrypha

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there was ever a zinger to stump Protestants, it is this question. And it's such a simple question! If all Christians truly knew and understood this question, our divisions would begin to evaporate.

Where did the Bible come from?

That's it. That's the question every Protestant must answer for himself or herself.

More specifically, where did the Bible's Table of Contents come from? Why does the Bible include some books and exclude others?

Did Catholics add the deuterocanonical books, the so-called Apocrypha? Or did Protestants remove these books? Because the books contradicted Protestant theology?

Here's also a great interview of Dr. John Bergsma, a Protestant minister and convert to Catholicism, on The Journey Home, which centers on these basic questions that troubled him as a Protestant:

Continued below.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If there was ever a zinger to stump Protestants, it is this question. And it's such a simple question! If all Christians truly knew and understood this question, our divisions would begin to evaporate.

Where did the Bible come from?

That's it. That's the question every Protestant must answer for himself or herself.

More specifically, where did the Bible's Table of Contents come from? Why does the Bible include some books and exclude others?

Did Catholics add the deuterocanonical books, the so-called Apocrypha? Or did Protestants remove these books? Because the books contradicted Protestant theology?

Here's also a great interview of Dr. John Bergsma, a Protestant minister and convert to Catholicism, on The Journey Home, which centers on these basic questions that troubled him as a Protestant:

Continued below.
I watched the whole interview and was so impressed. I have played the organ for numerous Roman Catholic funerals, and have loved the services. I would love to know more. Thank you for posting this interview.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched the whole interview and was so impressed. I have played the organ for numerous Roman Catholic funerals, and have loved the services. I would love to know more. Thank you for posting this interview.
You are very welcome @musicalpilgrim! :)

Upvote 0