Where did an aversion to angels of light, come from?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have been part of AOG and Full Gospel Church. I was Catholic at first. There is a big difference with the idea of angels here. Catholics pray to their Guardian Angel, and Michael... Anglicans went the other way and teach it is angel worship. I heard unclearly that Yonggi Cho thought angels had no free will. Randy Clark found wonderful things happening with angels working in South America, and they asked why the other churches neglected such things. King David sang, "Worship the Lord you His angels." Later in North America Gary Oates had wonderful encounters with angels, and wrote the book, Open My Eyes Lord.

So in AOG... where did an aversion to asking for Holy Angels works comes from?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though God clearly uses angels, it is not the early New Testament model to invoke them.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Though God clearly uses angels, it is not the early New Testament model to invoke them.
The New Testament is a summary of the most important things. Current churches practice a kind of ministry in which the preacher does not lay on hands and yet believers are healed or empowered. It is very important, and would seem to work the angels. Seeing in the Spirit, which Paul mentioned and Jesus, must involve seeing angels at work. This is what the South American pastors see, and Randy Clark and Gary Oates. It means the preacher is more than wording to many but ministry is happening and new ministers rise up. And it has been part of Christ for all Nations method, leading to 80,000,000 salvations. Jesus taught, "you have not, because you ask not."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been part of AOG and Full Gospel Church. I was Catholic at first. There is a big difference with the idea of angels here. Catholics pray to their Guardian Angel, and Michael... Anglicans went the other way and teach it is angel worship. I heard unclearly that Yonggi Cho thought angels had no free will. Randy Clark found wonderful things happening with angels working in South America, and they asked why the other churches neglected such things. King David sang, "Worship the Lord you His angels." Later in North America Gary Oates had wonderful encounters with angels, and wrote the book, Open My Eyes Lord.

Colossians 2
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Colossians 2
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.
This quote mentions angel worship, in it's original context, what would this have meant?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This quote mentions angel worship, in it's original context, what would this have meant?
Using angels to gain insight into The Kingdom of God to the detriment of the flock. By the way, " angel of light" is used in scripture to represent Satan.
"And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."
2 Corinthians 11:14

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Using angels to gain insight into The Kingdom of God to the detriment of the flock. By the way, " angel of light" is used in scripture to represent Satan.
"And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."
2 Corinthians 11:14
I have never heard of angels preaching, and have wondered why it is this way?
Satan has to disguise himself as an angel of light, to attempt to deceive and gain trust in his lies. But he is not an actual angel of light, light present truth.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard of angels preaching, and have wondered why it is this way?
Satan has to disguise himself as an angel of light, to attempt to deceive and gain trust in his lies. But he is not an actual angel of light, light present truth.
If you think using angels instead of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is safe,then I can't convince you otherwise. There is just no safe way to call upon anyone other than the Lord our Father, too much deception. Just look back at other religions who claimed angel's gave them a message. Mohammed claimed Gabriel visited him. Joseph Smith claimed an angel named Moroni visited Him.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If you think using angels instead of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is safe,then I can't convince you otherwise. There is just no safe way to call upon anyone other than the Lord our Father, too much deception. Just look back at other religions who claimed angel's gave them a message. Mohammed claimed Gabriel visited him. Joseph Smith claimed an angel named Moroni visited Him.
Be blessed.
I have heard of Catholics having contact with Mary and angels. Guided by priests...

I would not seek an angel for guidance so much as seek spiritual gifts and the still small voice. I use the Bible.

Angels of light come and are part of healings and commissions and strengthening as I mentioned before. God acts sovereignly, but we can ask for more. And some see in the Spirit as I mentioned so Elisha, Jesus, Nathaniel, Paul...

People have visions of angels carrying buckets of living water... No harm in asking God for more of what you have seen or heard of Him doing, whether they were sovereign or petitioned acts of God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of Catholics having contact with Mary and angels. Guided by priests...

I would not seek an angel for guidance so much as seek spiritual gifts and the still small voice. I use the Bible.

Angels of light come and are part of healings and commissions and strengthening as I mentioned before. God acts sovereignly, but we can ask for more. And some see in the Spirit as I mentioned so Elisha, Jesus, Nathaniel, Paul...

People have visions of angels carrying buckets of living water... No harm in asking God for more of what you have seen or heard of Him doing, whether they were sovereign or petitioned acts of God.
So be it. Make sure you also have someone who discerns ,one of the other gifts sorely ignored in Charismatic circles.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So be it. Make sure you also have someone who discerns ,one of the other gifts sorely ignored in Charismatic circles.
Blessings
CCR Fr Bob Faricy SJ used to give away this gift from God, and as he prayed those standing to receive, would fall back into their seats. I was there Sydney, maybe 1993.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name...."

Through Christ we have direct access to the throne of the Father. Why would we stop at the doorman?

"To whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto you, did they minister these things, which now have been announced unto you through them that preached the gospel unto you by the Holy Spirit sent forth from heaven; which things angels long to look into."

If the Holy Spirit is revealing knowledge directly to us that the angels only "long to look into," why would we ask them? Angels don't know all the Holy Spirit is here to tell us. We get information that even angels don't have.

Upvote 0