Where can I find official position papers by WOF people?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where can I find official position papers by WOF people?

As always your first port of call is Google. If it is an established denomination it will have an official web site with eithe ' what we believe' tag or a statement of faith tag.

I had a quick look and found plenty of critical pages about word of faith and no official web site.

Have a look yourself, read the critical sites and find another denomination.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Word of Faith is not a denomination.
It is a movement that came from the Charismatic,and Pennacostal Churches.
Kenneth E Hagin is considered the founder of the movement.
Kenneth E Hagin was not influenced in His beliefs on Faith,by EW Kenyon.
Hagin used some of Kenyon writings in His teaching ,with permission from The Kenyon foundation.
Their are different Branches of Word of Faith,along with Bible collages here and abroad.
Not all Word of Faith Pastors are Televangelist,there are many Churches that follow the teaching from Rhema Bible Collage that are not on television.
Rhema Bible collage was founded by Kenneth E Hagin in the 1970s,and is still going strong today.
Fundemtal Word of Faith teaching states that we have a better Covenant in Christ from His Birth,Ministry,Death,and Resurrection than the promise of Him in the Old Testament.
Word of Faith theology does not discredit the Old Testament in any way.
We are full Gospel believers.
We base our prayer life solely on God's Word,and we believe God's Word has not changed.
We believe Healing is part of the atonement of Christ.
We believe all the Promises of God are Yes and Amen.
We do not put man made conditions on Gods Word.
We are forever Children of God through Christ Jesus.
We Believe it is Gods Will for His Children to Grow Spirituality,To Prosper, and live in Good Health.
This is my opinion that Word of Faith Believers have a uninflunced by man made theology knowlage of the Word of God,as the Holy Spirit guides our hearts and minds.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"position papers by WOF people?" Huh? WOF Word of Faith = bible. WOF are believers in Jesus Christ aka Christians. Or followers of Christ. Or have a relationship with Christ.

Hey blade... good to hear from you again. I posted in just a couple areas of what most Word of Faith do believe.... Actually, the phrase, Word of Faith... is simply another way of saying and using "faith filled words" in our daily walk of faith in God. The only time found in the Word of God that I am aware of with the phrase the "word of faith" is in....

Romans 10:8

"The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach...." One major problem in the Church today and has for century's is the notion that we believe that we are healed when (we see) the symptoms are all gone. IOW, we "believe when we see" Or "we need to see to believe" with our natural eyes. Same as what doubting Thomas saw in...​

John 20:24-29

24 Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless" I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, "I will not believe." 26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

So there it is.... We are saved, healed, and delivered.... "I believe I have received ------> when I pray."

Mark 11-23-24

23 "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them."

You have a great day.

Harry...

Word-of-Faith - Copy (2020_05_10 22_13_39 UTC).gif

Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟134,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hagin is to WOF, as Luther is to Lutheranism.

I have studied criticism of WOF in a book called "A different Gospel" by McConnell. That book had no scriptural arguments. The only real argument that it had was that Hagin plagiarized Kenyans book on "Authority of the Believer".

Last edited:
Upvote 0