• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Where Are These People?

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by Tone, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Radagast

Radagast has left CF Supporter

+7,265
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
  3. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,302
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Actually, it can take one to know one. And if we dictate standards which are not love values of the Bible, then we are not looking in the right place. Plus, there are people who very cleverly go where unloving people are, and say oh look at those fake Christians, and they tidily stay away from the ones who are gentle and humble and quiet.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

People can fear being quiet, because they can be attacked and violated by boredom and loneliness while they start to be quiet. But this is meant to keep them from becoming deeply quiet and sensitive with God Himself in us. Satan brings many unquiet things to violate and molest and rape people. And people give in to it > unforgiveness, bitterness, raging anger, dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure and adrenaline rushes . . . so they do not settle down and submit to God in His peace. And they also can very cleverly pay attention only to the hypocritical people who make their show, and ignore the ones who are gentle and humble and quiet.

Plus, there are cruelly clever people who will say you "hate" them when you point out that wrong things are wrong. Little kids can use this trick > a caring mother or father says no, and the child screams how you "hate" him or her. And there are adults who still do this!!

So, if what you are doing is not working to get you with God and find genuinely loving people, it is because what you are doing does not work.

What does not work is making a project of pointing at the counterfeits. If you have a million dollars available to you, do you point at the counterfeits and say there is no such thing as real money?

So, yes I need real correction which only God can do in us. When I first wake up each day, I still need to stop and trust God to correct me more. I can fool my own self and not know it; I can be my own counterfeit, of self-produced stuff so inferior to all God's grace does in people, as the Bible says.

But I do keep finding that God does change me more and more to do what His word says. So, do not be fooled by how you or others fail; what else is new? We all do. But God succeeds in us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Hammster

Hammster Private Status. Do Not Read. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+15,709
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,238
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  6. Tone

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    And you are another?

7. Tone

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Finding them.

8. Tone

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Thanks bro...do you love me like He loves me?

9. Tone

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I guess what I am looking for is the community that is really laying down their lives for one another...today.

10. Hammster

Hammster Private Status. Do Not Read. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+15,709
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No. I’m not perfect.

11. Tone

+2,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I haven't either, because we are keeping that old man alive...

Abba Yah, raise the new man up, that we may lay our lives down for our friends...in Messiah. Amen.

12. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,302
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I would not say our group is all-out laying our lives down for one another, but we are growing and discovering one another to love and care for each other. And we do various personal and organized things to help ones who can't do anything for us.

In any case, I have better with this group, than I have had before. But this could be because God had me seek Him for correction so I could detect and appreciate and share with a church which has love. And I found out I needed them to help me get real!

So, it was not as though I first became so great on my own and was looking for people who were so great like me!! I needed God to correct me so I could tell the difference; then I was surprised to discover how . . . in my case . . . I needed them to help me then get for real. And being with others is an opportunity to test how I am doing as a loving person.

But we need that "longsuffering" > Ephesians 4:2 < our Father knows we can be wrong, at times; so we need to have our longsuffering ready so we don't give up on really fine friends and leaders when they turn out to be capable of being wrong, at times.

13. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,680
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We need to look for all the fruit of the Spirit: "Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfullness, Gentleness & Self Control" We can tell who has the Mind of Christ: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."