Where are the men of God who will wait for sex???

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 13:4

[QUOTENew International Version
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
][/QUOTE]

Where does this say anything about sex BEFORE marriage ? Where does this say your marriage bed is not pure if you had sex before marriage ? Where does this say it requires two virgins to have a pure marriage bed after marriage ?

Where does this say 'sexually immoral" is having sex before marriage ?

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 13:4 is not ambiguous. It says that marriage is honorable and the marriage bed is undefiled that implies that sex inside marriage is honorable. And the following sentence implies that Sex out side marriage is sexual immorality.

No it doesn't imply anything about sex before you are married .Its after you are married you can defile the marriage bed . With things such as adultery . It implies sex with other people after you are married will defile the marriage bed .Not before .

The marriage bed should be kept pure .It did not say the "pre-marriage bed "

That verse does not say "pre-marital sex" defiles the "marriage bed" .

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So now we have to follow ceremony levitical law in order to follow Christ?

Hebrews 13:4 is not ambiguous. It says that marriage is honorable and the marriage bed is undefiled that implies that sex inside marriage is honorable. And the following sentence implies that Sex out side marriage is sexual immorality.

Hence why the marriage bed is undefiled. Thus sex out side of marriage would defile it...

Undefiled is ambiguous.

Then again, please enlighten me:

Hebrews 13:4
New International Version (NIV)
4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Seems to me God would be upset by someone banging any other than their own spouse. Sexual immorality could imply anything from prostitutes to just getting it on with some random stranger.

Lets look at the subject: "Marriage bed" this implies that the subjects in question are married.

Next subject: "Pure" referring to being untainted by infidelity of some sort, hence the reference to adultery.

The last subject sexually immoral, this refers to subjects that have practiced some unspecified sexual perversion (e.g. homosexuality, prostitution, adultery, inappropriate behavior with animals, and other things of that nature). All of the sexually immoral areas of scripture are clearly explained in the OT, thus my references to Leviticus.

I am confused as to why you are so bat crazy about this subject, when we are trying to help the OP :confused:

I would love to have complete bible study with you on this subject if you would like, but please open a thread on another part of this forum, either in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Affairs or in the Philosophy & Ethics forum if you would like to include people of all faiths.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Hence why the marriage bed is undefiled. Thus sex out side of marriage would defile it...

Sex *within* marriage may be *dishonorable* though (when it's lust and not a genuine reflection of God's genuine love). I believe it's a stretch to use that as support for your stance. That's all speaking of marriage (God will judge the adulterer and the sexually immoral....IN MARRIAGE).

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Christ did not abolish the law . Did he ?

I think He shed His blood (died for us) to atone for us. To save us .He who had not sinned.

And you are saying "so we have to follow Levitical sexual laws in order to follow Christ?" Well I hope so . The problem is you are throwing in a law that didn't exist that we should follow In order to be a Christ follower..

Again where is the law ? Gods Law that we should never have pre-marital sex ?

Please don't quote any more scriptures about an undefiled marriage beds .Unless you have scripture stating that an undefiled marriage bed only includes people who waited to have sex until after they were married .

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sex *within* marriage may be *dishonorable* though (when it's lust and not a genuine reflection of God's genuine love). I believe it's a stretch to use that as support for your stance. That's all speaking of marriage (God will judge the adulterer and the sexually immoral....IN MARRIAGE).

I agree. Sexual immorality can happen IN the marriage bed . Greedy selfish unloving indulgence . Selfish greedy lust . Being married doesn't "purify" other sins.(such as greed and gluttony) .

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Good point MK and one that I tend to forget or not think of :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would love to have complete bible study with you on this subject if you would like, but please open a thread on another part of this forum, either in Christian Philosophy & Ethics or Affairs or in the Philosophy & Ethics forum if you would like to include people of all faiths.

I think that's a great idea. Let me know when the thread is started......I'd love the link (I think it's OT here.....and a bit disrespectful to the OP to continue down this trail, since it doesn't even apply to her).

Upvote 0

ParentofChildren

Wanderer
Nov 4, 2006
✟9,005.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also....I don't need to read His Needs/Her Needs to know about marriage. I've lived enough years to know what it takes to have a marriage based on love and not the law.

Very well said; understand self and spouse. If you know yourself completely & spiritually, the best you would do is happiness approaching 1/2 the time. If you know and honor your spouse you will do much better. This also sounds like Sun Tzu ...

Upvote 0

ParentofChildren

Wanderer
Nov 4, 2006
✟9,005.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello brothers and sisters,

I write this in frustration and with pain in my heart. I just don't understand why there are so many men who will not abstain from sex until marriage. It hurts my heart because I want so much to please God in this way. I am not a virgin but I will never again give my body to someone outside of marriage. I am single and it is so hard meeting men, even men who call themselves Christians, who want to do the right thing. Why can't we just live right and do the right thing? Am I wrong or does not God want us to wait for marriage??

I met a guy and we liked each other but yesterday he told me that he could never marry someone without having sex with them first. It hurts so much because everyone that I personally know who are engaged are having sex. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THE WOMEN WHO ARE HAVING SEX ARE THE WOMEN WHO ARE GETTING MARRIED AND PROPOSED TO. IT DOESN'T SEEM FAIR. I HURT FOR TRYING TO LIVE THE RIGHT WAY.

It seems like I am left alone because I won't have sex. Many women also have sex before marriage which makes it even harder for other women who want to wait. Men have so many options because of women who choose to engage in premarital sex. I just feel if more women would wait until marriage, men would be forced to change their ways. As of now, they don't have to.

I am in tears right now because I just don't understand it. I just wish there were more men of God who would stand up for what is right. I desire marriage but I have never met a man who wanted to wait for sex. It just hurts.

453 posts a/o 11/7.... wow

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters,

I write this in frustration and with pain in my heart. I just don't understand why there are so many men who will not abstain from sex until marriage. It hurts my heart because I want so much to please God in this way. I am not a virgin but I will never again give my body to someone outside of marriage. I am single and it is so hard meeting men, even men who call themselves Christians, who want to do the right thing. Why can't we just live right and do the right thing? Am I wrong or does not God want us to wait for marriage??

I met a guy and we liked each other but yesterday he told me that he could never marry someone without having sex with them first. It hurts so much because everyone that I personally know who are engaged are having sex. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THE WOMEN WHO ARE HAVING SEX ARE THE WOMEN WHO ARE GETTING MARRIED AND PROPOSED TO. IT DOESN'T SEEM FAIR. I HURT FOR TRYING TO LIVE THE RIGHT WAY.

It seems like I am left alone because I won't have sex. Many women also have sex before marriage which makes it even harder for other women who want to wait. Men have so many options because of women who choose to engage in premarital sex. I just feel if more women would wait until marriage, men would be forced to change their ways. As of now, they don't have to.

I am in tears right now because I just don't understand it. I just wish there were more men of God who would stand up for what is right. I desire marriage but I have never met a man who wanted to wait for sex. It just hurts.

Hey Sister :hug:

I want to say first that I greatly respect you for your choice. I have wished over the years that I had made the same choice, alas, but I wasn't given that kind of wisdom until after I had 3 children (which was before I was married).

As you can probably see, this subject is sensitive to many people for different reasons. It saddens me in a way, as I see you've only been with CF for a short time, and I don't want you to think this kind of strife is indicative of all of our members.

But get this - You have just as much right to choose NOT to have sex before marriage as someone else does to choose TO do it. And truth be told, if a man truly loves and respects YOU as an individual, not as a woman, not as a part of a bigger group, but respects YOU for who YOU are, he WILL choose to wait.

Does waiting mean you will have the perfect marriage? No. Does it mean you will know you are with someone who honors the boundaries YOU have set in place for YOURSELF? Absolutely!

So, regardless of the debate over whether it is healthier, more profitible, or more sensible to either wait or not, you stick to your own convictions. Don't allow anyone, here or IRL, to force you to compromise what you believe to be true for yourself. That is not their right or choice, it is your own.

Hugs and prayers for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
asiyreh said:
46 pages. It must be true what they say, sex sells... even when it's no sex... well at least to later... anyways...

HaHaHa...the subject does appear to take up a large amount of space on blogs, bookshelves as well as tends to be discussed much in seminars, sermons and counseling/therapy sessions.

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that's a great idea. Let me know when the thread is started......I'd love the link (I think it's OT here.....and a bit disrespectful to the OP to continue down this trail, since it doesn't even apply to her).

:wave: Hi MK, I think I will post a link to a thread discussing sex in the bible. I really think we need to get things cleared up.

Upvote 0