Where are the men of God who will wait for sex???

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I waited for my wife, best choice I ever made. We now share a healthy active sex life that I would not trade for anything else. Not say that people who don't wait, won't but I waited and it was well worth it.

Most people have a pretty healthy active sex life in the first 6 months of their sexual relationship /marriage .

Much ,much more comes into play whether or not you have a consistent /healthy /active sex life over decades than if you waited to have sex until after you were married .

I'm not saying you and your bride wont . 10 years from now however how great your sex life is won't have much to do with being virgins until marriage anymore .

I'm not suggesting you wont still be proud of that fact . Just how much influence it has on the quality and health of your sex life years from now will take a back seat to many other influences .Which virgins and non virgins all are all influenced by .

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QueSeraSera said:
Most people have a pretty healthy active sex life in the first 6 months of their sexual relationship /marriage . Much ,much more comes into play whether or not you have a consistent /healthy /active sex life over decades than if you waited to have sex until after you were married . I'm not saying you and your bride wont . 10 years from now however how great your sex life is won't have much to do with being virgins until marriage anymore . I'm not suggesting you wont still be proud of that fact . Just how much influence it has on the quality and health of your sex life years from now will take a back seat to many other influences .Which virgins and non virgins all are all influenced by .

Bingo :)

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The op asked where are the men who are waiting on sex before marriage... He has no business speaking any advice, as he is not waiting. he is one of the men she wants to avoid.

Well then you need to read better . He DID wait . He was a virgin when he married his first wife . It did not save his marriage when it went south . He being a virgin did not make him as you said " worthy of a daughter of the king, of your caliber. " .Including she stopped having sex with him and was abusive to him .

Unless him waiting made him worthy of a sexless marriage to a high caliber virgin who wouldn't have sex that was mean and abusive ?

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QueSeraSera said:
Well then you need to read better . He DID wait . He was a virgin when he married his first wife . It did not save his marriage when it went south . She being a virgin did not make him as you said " worthy of a daughter of the king, of your caliber. " .Including she stopped having sex with him and was abusive to him . Unless him waiting made him worthy of a sexless marriage to a high caliber virgin that was mean and abusive ?

Let me clarify. I wasn't a virgin when I accepted Christ into my life; however, I did abstain after accepting Christ until I was married. Either way, I waited until I was married when I met her and ended up with a bad marriage. Waiting doesn't equal success in my book, love on the other hand does.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me clarify. I wasn't a virgin when I accepted Christ into my life; however, I did abstain after accepting Christ until I was married. Either way, I waited until I was married when I met her and ended up with a bad marriage. Waiting doesn't equal success in my book, love on the other hand does.

Then you have even more right to advise . You have that in common with the OP. She is not a virgin either . She is repented . Sounds like she would marry a non virgin . She just wants to wait with her future husband .

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QueSeraSera said:
Then you have even more right to advise . You have that in common with the OP. She is not a virgin either . She is repented . Sounds like she would marry a non virgin . She just and wants to wait with her future husband .
I am totally cool with that :)

I just hope she finds someone that loves and respects her and vice versa for the guy she marries. I think I got lost in translation with all of the posts. Goes to show how much we all care about her :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Waiting doesn't equal success in my book, love on the other hand does.

I agree . Waiting is not highest let alone only indicator a person is a follower of Christ filled with the fruits (plural) of the spirit . It also does not mean they are capable of getting close to 1 Cor 13 . It does not mean you are of a "higher caliber son or daughter of Christ" than those who did not wait just based on that one fact.

Not waiting doesn't either .

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

I agree . Waiting is not highest let alone only indicator a person is a follower of Christ filled with the fruits (plural) of the spirit . It also does not mean they are capable of getting close to 1 Cor 13 . It does not mean you are of a "higher caliber son or daughter of Christ" than those who did not wait just based on that one fact.

Not waiting doesn't either .

And i never said it does either. The Statement of Higher caliber is in reference to abstaining from sin. And OP holding to that. She did fail but she repented and is now holding herself to what the bible says. Holding yourself to what the bible says is the only measure of success in anything.

Jefferson Bethke in his You tube video "Sex, lies, and Fariytales" Said "If your marriage rests in anything but Christ, it rests in something broken." This can also be said this way "If your LIFE rests in anything but Christ, it rests in something broken."

Christian's in this day and age like to throw in all sorts of rubbish with the word of God and state that love is the top, well your wrong. Love is up there, but all things rest in Christ, not love. According to Colossians 1 all things were made by Christ and for Christ. You as a believer do not get to dictate how we use the gifts of sexuality and marriage. Christ does. And he has spoken. We have an obligation as believers to our savior once we are justified to adhere to his commands no matter how uncomfortable they make us feel. Nothing that I have said is from the OT. Everything I have said is from either Jesus or from Paul. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it is not true. And just because something from the OT does not make it Ceremony law. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16.

The Person I am calling out to repentence is not in any shape to give christian advice on sex and marriage because he is currently Living in direct violation to the Word of God. Living and sleeping with his current fiance when the bible says to not do such things.

That is like going to get your oil changed from a mechanic that has never changed the oil in his own car. That is hypocritical living. It is the also the sorry sad current state of the church. Calling out sin has been the responisbility since members of the body of Christ since the dawn of the church age. I mean Ananias and Saphria were called out and struck dead for their lying to apostles. Paul, in several letters called out his brothers and sisters in Christ to either repent and turn from their foolishness, or leave and be cut off. Paul rebuked peter to his face publicly, about the withdraw of eating with Gentiles simply because Jews showed up.

Why are we so different now? Oh, because we do not want to offend. CHRIST is an offense and stumbling block to the ungodly. You cohabitat, and have sex, with out the coveinental bond of marriage; you are sinning and yet you claim to be a believer. Sin should grieve your heart and break your spirit. If it doesn't, something is serious wrong with your salvation.

As a note I never once called anyone an adulterer or said that if you remarry you are one. I stated the Biblical ground rules for divorce in the bible. It is not my business if you broke the word of God or not. Refrain from straw maning my words to make your argument easier.

Also the guise of Love is not an excuse to ignore sin. Love would dictate that you call out sin for what it is. Warn your brothers and sisters in Christ about the doom of sin.

An unloving person keeps their mouth shut when it comes to sin and their brothers and sister's in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tiredknight said:
And i never said it does either. The Statement of Higher caliber is in reference to abstaining from sin. And OP holding to that. She did fail but she repented and is now holding herself to what the bible says. Holding yourself to what the bible says is the only measure of success in anything. Jefferson Bethke in his You tube video "Sex, lies, and Fariytales" Said "If your marriage rests in anything but Christ, it rests in something broken." This can also be said this way "If your LIFE rests in anything but Christ, it rests in something broken." Christian's in this day and age like to throw in all sorts of rubbish with the word of God and state that love is the top, well your wrong. Love is up there, but all things rest in Christ, not love. According to Colossians 1 all things were made by Christ and for Christ. You as a believer do not get to dictate how we use the gifts of sexuality and marriage. Christ does. And he has spoken. We have an obligation as believers to our savior once we are justified to adhere to his commands no matter how uncomfortable they make us feel. Nothing that I have said is from the OT. Everything I have said is from either Jesus or from Paul. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it is not true. And just because something from the OT does not make it Ceremony law. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16. The Person I am calling out to repentence is not in any shape to give christian advice on sex and marriage because he is currently Living in direct violation to the Word of God. Living and sleeping with his current fiance when the bible says to not do such things. That is like going to get your oil changed from a mechanic that has never changed the oil in his own car. That is hypocritical living. It is the also the sorry sad current state of the church. Calling out sin has been the responisbility since members of the body of Christ since the dawn of the church age. I mean Ananias and Saphria were called out and struck dead for their lying to apostles. Paul, in several letters called out his brothers and sisters in Christ to either repent and turn from their foolishness, or leave and be cut off. Paul rebuked peter to his face publicly, about the withdraw of eating with Gentiles simply because Jews showed up. Why are we so different now? Oh, because we do not want to offend. CHRIST is an offense and stumbling block to the ungodly. You cohabitat, and have sex, with out the coveinental bond of marriage; you are sinning and yet you claim to be a believer. Sin should grieve your heart and break your spirit. If it doesn't, something is serious wrong with your salvation. As a note I never once called anyone an adulterer or said that if you remarry you are one. I stated the Biblical ground rules for divorce in the bible. It is not my business if you broke the word of God or not. Refrain from straw maning my words to make your argument easier. Also the guise of Love is not an excuse to ignore sin. Love would dictate that you call out sin for what it is. Warn your brothers and sisters in Christ about the doom of sin. An unloving person keeps their mouth shut when it comes to sin and their brothers and sister's in Christ.
If you didn't honestly read the link with scriptural passages about sexual sin then why should anyone bother spending the time to read your tirades?

Edit here is the link once more: http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/women_sin.html

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

If you didn't honestly read the link with scriptural passages about sexual sin then why should anyone bother spending the time to read your tirades?

Edit here is the link once more: Women and Sexual Sins

"Jesus clearly taught that the Bible is ultimate and only standard of truth and of right and wrong. Jesus said that we are to live by "every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4 = Deut. 8:3) and by no other words. In John 17:17 Jesus prays to his heavenly Father: "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth." Jesus did not say: "Your word is true" (Gk. adj. alethinos or alethes—"true"). Instead he used the Greek noun aletheia ("truth") to say that God's Word is truth itself. Thus the Bible does not conform to a higher standard of truth but rather is truth itself, the very expression of the nature, character, and will of God because it is the very words of God (2 Tim. 3:15-17). What the Bible says, God says. So the Bible is the measuring stick by which every other claim to truthfulness is to be measured. Teachings that conform to Scripture are true; those that do not are false. Truth is what God says, not what men think (Col. 2:20-23)."-http://www.rbvincent.com/BibleStudies/divorcejhughes.htm

I refuse to read anything from the ECC and their Anti- American rubbish.The Bible is the measuring stick NOT the ECC.

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

Yeah... and I'm pretty sure Christ is the one who put it 'up there'. :doh:
But Love is not above Christ.

Placing Love above christ in any way shape or form, is idolatry. Devotion to Christ and following HIS commands generates Love and all the laws and prophets hang on, "Loving God with all yoru heart soul and mind, and Loving others" but it is not above Christ. NOTHING is above Christ.

Upvote 0

technofox

Jun 12, 2007
Earth
✟17,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tiredknight said:
"Jesus clearly taught that the Bible is ultimate and only standard of truth and of right and wrong. Jesus said that we are to live by "every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4 = Deut. 8:3) and by no other words. In John 17:17 Jesus prays to his heavenly Father: "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth." Jesus did not say: "Your word is true" (Gk. adj. alethinos or alethes--"true"). Instead he used the Greek noun aletheia ("truth") to say that God's Word is truth itself. Thus the Bible does not conform to a higher standard of truth but rather is truth itself, the very expression of the nature, character, and will of God because it is the very words of God (2 Tim. 3:15-17). What the Bible says, God says. So the Bible is the measuring stick by which every other claim to truthfulness is to be measured. Teachings that conform to Scripture are true; those that do not are false. Truth is what God says, not what men think (Col. 2:20-23)."-http://www.rbvincent.com/BibleStudies/divorcejhughes.htm I refuse to read anything from the ECC and their Anti- American rubbish.The Bible is the measuring stick NOT the ECC.
They are using the Bible and exact scriptural language. I read it myself to verify their claims. That's what scientific minded individuals do, verify the claims of another. You can do this, I believe you can do this.

What does this have to do with anti-American rubbish??? We are talking about scripture and sexual sin.

I am supportive of the OP's beliefs, how does it make it hypocritical???

Seriously your analysis is flawed. I go with apostle Paul and leave it to one's conscience.

By the way if you really believe what you say, then I ask you this - do you eat pork? Are you careful not to touch anything that was touched by a menstruating woman?

I could go on, but my time is valuable. Let's stick with the topic. The OP is a sister in Christ who asked for advice from the body and that body has responded. We want her to have a loving relationship that honors God, if that means the guys has to wait then she should find a guy that shares her belief. This is point blank and period.

If she is only looking for guys who are virgins then she could miss out on a lot of potential partners that would be good with. Especially if the guy is willing to wait. What is wrong with that?

Or are just hating because I am getting laid?

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0